2024 NFL Offseason

Dynasty

Damn, someone taking things a little personally.  An attack on the Chiefs isn’t an attack on you, dawg. 

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

56 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Damn, someone taking things a little personally.  An attack on the Chiefs isn’t an attack on you, dawg. 

Agreed.

That doesn't excuse someone from being an ill-informed nozzle.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

6 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Did he ever actually even play for the Bills? They drafted him but I thought he was in his legal stuff before he ever played.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

I know. It’s less my team and more that I hate the sort of trend where people get accused of a crime and even if they get found not guilty, they’re always thought of as a criminal. This time, it just intersected with my interests. 

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Did he ever actually even play for the Bills? They drafted him but I thought he was in his legal stuff before he ever played.

From his wiki:

The Buffalo Bills selected Araiza in the sixth round with the 180th overall pick of the 2022 NFL Draft.  He was the third punter selected in the draft, behind two others in the fourth round.  As a rookie, he was named the Bills' starting punter following the release of veteran Matt Haack.  Araiza did not dress for the Bills' final preseason game on August 26, 2022, one day after a lawsuit accusing him and two former SDSU teammates of rape became public.  He was released the next day, on August 27.  The Bills said they had become aware of the allegations against Araiza in July, after he was drafted.

6 hours ago, Red Comet said:

Yeah. It’s innocent until proven guilty and at the very least, he wasn’t found guilty and at the very most, the woman lied about his involvement in some life-ruination scam. Personally, it sounds like this dude was a drunken dumbass more than anything else. Sorry my team believes in giving people second chances. Glad none of you have ever :censored:ed up.

I don't think it'd be wise to assume the girl intended to ruin his life. It could be she simply assumed he was involved considering his teammates raped her and she had already had sex with him. It’s absolutely a shortsighted assumption to make when such drastic consequences are on the line, but not in itself an unreasonable conclusion from her perspective. I'd personally like to give gang rape victims the benefit of the doubt and not assume her intentions were malicious. Does it suck that Araiza got unfairly roped into the accusations, and that could have ruined his career? Absolutely. It'd be equally sucky to not extend the same 'innocent until proven guilty' logic towards the intentions of a damn gang rape victim.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

13 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

The perfect time for DHL to swoop in.

• LOL 1

21 hours ago, Red Comet said:

NFLPA report cards are in

The impression I get reading about my team's facilities is that they've been in the 2nd act of Major League for the past 5 years all the way down to the Native mascot. 

Though the players received actual chairs with backs to sit in at their lockers in response to last year’s feedback

lol here you are, your majesty

• LOL 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, The_Admiral said:

lol here you are, your majesty

It's goddamn embarrassing is what it is. And on the same day they ask for Mahomes's contract in taxpayer money for renovations to Arrowhead. 

The only positive ranking? Andy Reid. Ranked #1 and probably kept them from being worse than the Commies (in 32nd on this survey). 

Basically? The dynasty rests on the arteries of an old obese man. 

Edited by Red Comet

Maybe organizations don't win championships. It didn't escape me that the Patriot Way without winning has them ranked second to last for their spartan facilities and uninterested ownership--sounds a lot like the 1960-1992 league laughingstock Patriots.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I’d say it’s a symbiotic relationship between ownership, administration, coaches and players. So, yes, organizations do win championships, but some aspects are more important than others. Like coaches and players. 

Ownership right now:

spacer.png

Edited by Red Comet
  • Like 1

Florio notes that this could potentially involve measures such as regulating that no player can play more than 17 of the 18 regular-season games (with possible exceptions for quarterbacks, kickers, punters, and long snappers).

Teams deciding which bottom feeder they're going to sit their stars against would make for comedy gold

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

The NFLPA is going to want some things in return for accepting 18 games other than money.  

Just like last time, they'll get locked out and have no choice.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.