2024 NFL Changes

1 hour ago, JakeH28 said:

keeping that over the blackout uniform might be the right call for the Jets to make

I thought that getting rid of that uniform was the one thing that everyone on this forum could agree on. Turns out I was wrong.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FiddySicks said:

YES. And that is so frustrating. You’re called the Jets , for Christ’s sake. Why are you trying to emulate the boring ass Giants with a script helmet rather than, I dunno, use an actual jet, which is one of the COOLEST things on the planet, as a logo? It’s legit SO easy, and they’ve fumbled the bag every single time outside of that one 80s logo which I still don’t think is all that good. 

If I'm being honest, the Jets not having an actual JET logo has never bothered me. They seemed find without it for most of their existence. Every concept I see of a JET logo comes off super cheesy. 

• Like 5

XM4KeeA.png

8 hours ago, FiddySicks said:

YES. And that is so frustrating. You’re called the Jets , for Christ’s sake. Why are you trying to emulate the boring ass Giants with a script helmet rather than, I dunno, use an actual jet, which is one of the COOLEST things on the planet, as a logo? It’s legit SO easy, and they’ve fumbled the bag every single time outside of that one 80s logo which I still don’t think is all that good. 

2 hours ago, AstroCree said:

If I'm being honest, the Jets not having an actual JET logo has never bothered me. They seemed find without it for most of their existence. Every concept I see of a JET logo comes off super cheesy. 

I (somehow) actually agree with both of you, in a way… I think it’d be cool to see the Jets try to utilize more actual jet imagery in their brand, but any jet logo I’ve seen either as a concept for the team or just in general doesn’t really captivate me. I’m genuinely not sure there’s a way to depict a jet that will really look professional and evoke speed any better than the 80’s logo did.

Not for nothing, but the Jets' uptown brethren in blue don't exactly use a giant in their logo, either...AND their current logo is in lowercase letters to boot, the total opposite of "giant".

So there's that, for what it's worth...

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

9 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Not for nothing, but the Jets' uptown brethren in blue don't exactly use a giant in their logo, either...AND their current logo is in lowercase letters to boot, the total opposite of "giant".

So there's that, for what it's worth...

Bring it back

4602.gif

• Like 3
  • Eyeroll 1

And then there was the time the Jets had a logo made of a football and a landing plane coming together to make an angry face:

943.gif

It reminds me of the talking post-it note from Homestar Runner that said "hey! dorks! you stink."

EDIT: Rx43947.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
  • Sad 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

12 hours ago, TBGKon said:

Let's be honest, those Namath era unis weren't the best since the Starter version.  Every other version was shoehorned to a template and didnt look the best.

BN-HK412_nytan0_P_20150315160918.jpg

W7JU26S2GFK4GFMBMU6UXELFZQ.jpg?w=535

That was 1998, when Starter got it right! Then 2002 went down the drain with the tuck rule garbage and trying to make the jerseys less streetwear on the field which was silly in my opinion.

It's not really accurate anymore to say the Namath-era because the Jets wore those uniforms for longer in the 90's and 21st Century than they did in the 60's and 70's.

That design breaks down to a contrasting sleeve cap with an added, spaced stripe. I think it's still possible to make it look good. Or at least a version of it.

I don't like the idea of trying to combine eras. I think that's how you wind up with nobody feeling satisfied.

That being said, I wouldn't complain about a straight return to the Sack Exchange. Fit the current tailoring of the jersey well. Helmet color is great, especially in a division with the Dolphins and Bills wearing white helmets. Maybe add some simple green pants (I always liked the white over green in the 00's design). Definitely use a white collar on the green jersey. People would dig it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

It's not really accurate anymore to say the Namath-era because the Jets wore those uniforms for longer in the 90's and 21st Century than they did in the 60's and 70's.

That design breaks down to a contrasting sleeve cap with an added, spaced stripe. I think it's still possible to make it look good. Or at least a version of it.

I don't like the idea of trying to combine eras. I think that's how you wind up with nobody feeling satisfied.

That being said, I wouldn't complain about a straight return to the Sack Exchange. Fit the current tailoring of the jersey well. Helmet color is great, especially in a division with the Dolphins and Bills wearing white helmets. Maybe add some simple green pants (I always liked the white over green in the 00's design). Definitely use a white collar on the green jersey. People would dig it.

They’d need striped socks with the green pants. And I’m pretty sure Nike loathes striped socks…and striping in general these days. 

35 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

They’d need striped socks with the green pants. And I’m pretty sure Nike loathes striped socks…and striping in general these days. 

That may be true about Nike being against striped socks, but last time I checked Nike is under contract to the NFL, not the other way around, so the NFL could request striped socks if they wanted to. And we know that Nike is capable of making striped socks thanks to the Bears, Browns, and Chiefs.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ruttep said:

spacer.pngspacer.png

Even this small change with the striping could've helped with the Namath era uniforms

This is great. I never understood why reebok/nike/etc insisted on the triple w/g/w shoulder stripes, when it just needed to be one stripe insert paired with capped sleeves.

Random gripe: I wish more teams went the Raiders route with widened TV numbers. Every team that doesn't, especially in the Nike area is left with tiny numbers that look like little stickers.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

i'd love green pants for the sack exchange roads, but honestly? i'd be okay without them just to avoid the chance that they'd go green-over-green. 

• Like 2

sig2024.png

4 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

True but Namath-era Jets sounds a lot better than the Mark Sanchez-era Jets or the Rex Ryan-era Jets. Maybe split the difference and call it the Butt Fumble-era Jets. 🤣

• Like 6

4 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

True but Namath-era Jets sounds a lot better than the Mark Sanchez-era Jets or the Rex Ryan-era Jets. Maybe split the difference and call it the Butt Fumble-era Jets. 🤣

Now about Neo-Namath??

(NYSE sets are still better, though.)

• Like 6

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||