2024 NFL Changes

6 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Also…you’re a smart guy under all the snark. I wish you would give us fewer memes and reaction GIFs, and more of your actual thoughts and analysis. You can do better. 

"We're not mad, we're just disappointed."

bh5T6MV.jpeg

• LOL 3

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

6 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Naw. Not barfworthy at all.

Also…you’re a smart guy under all the snark. I wish you would give us fewer memes and reaction GIFs, and more of your actual thoughts and analysis. You can do better. 

Do I need to pull the "Do you know who the hell I am" card on this guy?

Also, dropping a single meme >>> a twenty paragraph take on how if the SB59 logo were a person you'd marry it.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Huh? 4
  • Yawn 2
  • Dislike 3
  • Facepalm 1

6uXNWAo.png

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

Do I need to pull the "Do you know who the hell I am" card on this guy?

Also, dropping a single meme >>> a twenty paragraph take on how if the SB59 logo were a person you'd marry it.

You’ve been here longer than me, yes. I’m not a newcomer though. And I think “good but not great” was the most common opinion of that logo - though, if I see anyone down on one knee in these parts, I will immediately tell you. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

That Rams picture made an appearance on here and the Rams still didn’t unveil an alt lol

It's like a horror movie monster. You can never truly kill that alligator wearing sunglasses in a car.

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

On 2/11/2024 at 10:10 PM, monkeypower said:

I just want to circle back to this tweet, now that I'm getting caught up.

Did everyone just completey gloss over the FONT  used in this tweet? Tell me someone else sees what I see in plain sight: an updated version of the old logo font. This also leads me to now believe we will indeed be seeing an updated version of the 80s-90s JETS helmet logo.

(I also wouldn't be totally mad if they fleshed out an accompanying number set with that font, either, just based off the three digits that appear up there...)

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • WOAH 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

8 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Did everyone just completey gloss over the FONT  used in this tweet? Tell me someone else sees what I see in plain sight: an updated version of the old logo font. This also leads me to now believe we will indeed be seeing an updated version of the 80s-90s JETS helmet logo.

(I also wouldn't be totally mad if they fleshed out an accompanying number set with that font, either, just based off the three digits that appear up there...)

Do italic numbers ever look good on uniforms though? I guess the Chargers/Lions are fine, but would be better off with different fonts. The Steelers numbers have always looked horrible.

If the Jets do go that route they will have to thin out the font a bit and reduce the slant to make it work. 

• Applause 1
  • Dislike 1

18 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Given that it says the Legacy Whites are staying and that there will just be a new set of green and black, I'd assume, for the green and whites at least, the block numbers will remain.

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

Do italic numbers ever look good on uniforms though? I guess the Chargers/Lions are fine, but would be better off with different fonts. The Steelers numbers have always looked horrible.

If the Jets do go that route they will have to thin out the font a bit and reduce the slant to make it work. 

Honestly, I don't even love it for the Lions.  It works for the Chargers for some reason. 

In NCAA football, slanted numbers have bothered me for Mizzou for quite some time. Something about it just feels gimmicky, while simpler more block style numbers makes any set  feel more classic. Especially with teams that have a decently deep team history. 

• Like 3

Lemme clarify my earlier post: I don't believe the Jets will add new customized numbers to their on-field uniforms; I was just saying that I wouldn't be mad if they fleshed out a full set of numbers to accompany the letters in the font they used on that tweet. That said, I personally wouldn't me mad if the Jets were to one day do that...they'd be the one team other than the Chargers for whom that makes sense.

And to answer an earlier question as to whether italicized fonts ever look good on a uniform: in my opinion, YES, when done right and makes sense for the overall brand. I just cited one example:

usa_today_22244425.0.jpg

1228519648.jpg

01hepctqd3epqdgyr5rw.jpg

THIS, on the other hand, is an example of italic fonts not done right:

goff5.jpg

juzqhirrd7z3jnde0ioj.jpg

72391794007-01282024-lions-1-h-9.jpg

Aside from some of the usual Nikeistic stylings—namely the opposing hard corners that Nike seems to love to keep doing for reasons—these numbers can't decide whether they're Roman or Italic and end up being neither and both at the same time. (And that's to say nothing about the unnecessary darker gray...but that's for another discussion.)

I'll give the Steelers a pass, too, since a/ all that is is italicized Futura Condensed (well, a slightly edited version of it) and b/ it didn't completely come out of left field since it's also been on their helmets going back to the early 70s. 

I'm not the hater of custom or italic number fonts that some seem to be....BUT they have to be done right to make sense. The thing that does grate my gears is when custom font jobs are so obviously done "just to be custom" without it really making any sense other than just to be cute or "modern".

• Like 9

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

5 hours ago, tBBP said:

Someone on the Jets subreddit created a version of the logo using the font from the release.

dh0q6yg9ycic1.jpeg

However, the person added serifs/points to the letters that aren't there in the social media graphics.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Eyeroll 1

IbjBaeE.png

1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

Someone on the Jets subreddit created a version of the logo using the font from the release.

dh0q6yg9ycic1.jpeg

However, the person added serifs/points to the letters that aren't there in the social media graphics.

Don't like it, doesn't have the vibe of the 80s vers. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

qqsnye7igxo8ec46p6i8.gif8w1hgru5dzdypj7inln83daen.giffh4wdzfefsmfcaxut0absohlk.giffie6s5apghfbj7vtla8v.gif

15 minutes ago, thisguyphelps said:

Don't like it, doesn't have the vibe of the 80s vers. 

I think the script will be identical to the old one. The primary logo probably won’t - isn’t there something in NFL bylaws that prohibits returning to an old logo, unaltered? - but the script almost certainly will. 

My guess would be that the logo will become the script inside of an oval, which they’ve used in various ways over the course of the past year. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, monkeypower said:

dh0q6yg9ycic1.jpeg

I knew that “S” looked familiar:

Kansas_City_Chiefs_wordmark.svg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

I think the script will be identical to the old one. The primary logo probably won’t - isn’t there something in NFL bylaws that prohibits returning to an old logo, unaltered? - but the script almost certainly will. 

My guess would be that the logo will become the script inside of an oval, which they’ve used in various ways over the course of the past year. 

Jeez keeping the oval would be tough and knock this new branding down a few pegs

qqsnye7igxo8ec46p6i8.gif8w1hgru5dzdypj7inln83daen.giffh4wdzfefsmfcaxut0absohlk.giffie6s5apghfbj7vtla8v.gif