2024 NFL Changes

Shoutout to the Ravens for being self-aware enough to understand the gold pants were a huge mistake, then owning it publicly and making fun of themselves. 

And also for showcasing how "player input" for uniform design decisions is NEVER a good idea, and that is a hill I will die on. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Huh? 1

8 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Shoutout to the Ravens for being self-aware enough to understand the gold pants were a huge mistake, then owning it publicly and making fun of themselves. 

And also for showcasing how "player input" for uniform design decisions is NEVER a good idea, and that is a hill I will die on. 

aren't they the ones wearing it? you wouldn't want to be told what to wear.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

1 minute ago, udubfan19 said:

Hate to say it, but designing a good uniform and designing a uniform that the players like are becoming two very different things. From what I understand about current players' uniform opinions, they'd be estatic about every game being all-black 🔥🔥🔥 vs all-white 🥶🥶🥶

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, udubfan19 said:

Sure, they are the ones wearing it, but that doesn't mean they make good decisions.  When my boys were 6 and 4 they wanted a say in what they should eat for dinner, but that didn't mean it was a good idea to serve them jelly beans and lemonade every night.  

• Like 10

On 4/2/2024 at 3:53 PM, KouPilot said:

Well I'm gonna assume this is the new number font and the cursive font for "release date" will be a new script logo for the broncos

spacer.png

Or hear me out… they just used random fonts that looked good for social media.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

18 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Sure, they are the ones wearing it, but that doesn't mean they make good decisions.  When my boys were 6 and 4 they wanted a say in what they should eat for dinner, but that didn't mean it was a good idea to serve them jelly beans and lemonade every night.  

fair enough

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Unsurprising that the Seahawks aren't changing their terrible uniforms.  Except for last year's throwbacks, they haven't made a good uniform decision this century.

Maybe this is more appropriate for the Unpopular Opinions thread, but I don’t mind this specific combo from the Seahawks, because it tones downs the use of that very vibrant green.

spacer.png

• Like 17
  • Love 2
  • Dislike 1

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

14 minutes ago, Chawls said:

Maybe this is more appropriate for the Unpopular Opinions through, but I don’t mind this specific combo from the Seahawks, because it tones downs the use of that very vibrant green.

spacer.png

Tones it down ... by using a bunch of it?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Eyeroll 1

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

unsurprising that the Seahawks aren't changing their terrible uniforms.  Except for last year's throwbacks, they haven't made a good uniform decision this century.

At least their last set was unique in shades of blue.  This one?  Just like every other team out there that switched to navy blue.

• Like 3
crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

10 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

White pants would be the least offensive IMO. 

White pants with a highlighter green jersey would not be nearly enough contrast.

Not a single one of the primary uniform components (helmet, jersey, pants, socks) should be in that horribld green color.

• Like 3
  • Meh 1
  • Yawn 1

1 hour ago, udubfan19 said:

For now. If you went by what the players want, you'd be changing every season or two when a new crop of players come in, coupled with how many of them actually understand uniform and branding design? It's illogical and impractical.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Tones it down ... by using a bunch of it?

I prefer it to them using green jersey, green pants, AND green tube socks.

• Like 1

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

56 minutes ago, ruttep said:

White pants with a highlighter green jersey would not be nearly enough contrast.

Not a single one of the primary uniform components (helmet, jersey, pants, socks) should be in that horribld green color.

I agree with you on the first part, but disagree with you on the second part, only because I don’t mind the jersey being sole green component.

Such is the nature of opinions. 🤷🏾

• Like 2

2 hours ago, udubfan19 said:

in a job where i'm expected to wear a uniform? I'd be 100% okay being told what to wear.

I'm a soccer ref. I wear the Offical Sports uniform as expected by USSF the way i'm told to wear it. Food service jobs I've worked? Same deal, you wear the uniform. Lifeguarding? again, same deal. ZERO issues with it. It's a sport, you play a uniform.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

2 hours ago, The Impaler said:

At least their last set was unique in shades of blue.  This one?  Just like every other team out there that switched to navy blue.

Navy is way too overused

It's why I was happy when the Chargers switched back to powder and Broncos to orange

(the latter could use a more orange focused away set tho, it still looks like it was made to match a navy home top)

And also hope the Texans switch their primary to red

EDIT: The Seahawks need to bring back their blue gray color, it's unique and is a good representation of the sky over there

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Dislike 1

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.