2024 NFL Changes

45 minutes ago, PurpleHayes said:

...and the Cardinals in 2023

Honestly, the Cardinals new uniforms do have a nice classic and timeless feel to them. It has everything anyone would want out of a football uniform. Every component by itself is very well done. Whether or not they decide to mix and match and not go monochrome for 17 games a season is on them.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Honestly, the Cardinals new uniforms do have a nice classic and timeless feel to them. It has everything anyone would want out of a football uniform. Every component by itself is very well done. Whether or not they decide to mix and match and not go monochrome for 17 games a season is on them.

I'll grant you classic if it were a college or high school uniform, because the aesthetic of nickname or location on the front of a football uniform is not a classic NFL aesthetic.

Totally agree on your monochrome statement.

• Like 11

It's where I sit.

14 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

1 minute ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I'll grant you classic if it were a college or high school uniform, because the aesthetic of nickname or location on the front of a football uniform is not a classic NFL aesthetic.

I actually really like the Cardinals new set. All they need to do is throw away the red pants and the white socks. The only combos they need are white helmet - red jersey - white pants - red socks at home/white helmet - white jersey - white pants - red socks on the road.  It would look like a modern set of their traditional uniforms from AZ and STL. The elements are there. They just aren't paired right. 

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Fair. However, they essentially took their 80s/90s design and updated it. From what I’ve been able to see, most loved that design. Is the current design a step down? Perhaps, but it’s certainly not a jump. Obviously it’s all up to interpretation, but IMO it’s what I’ll always want to see out of a set and it certainly beats the crap out of their Reebok fiasco.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I agree. I even really like the home jersey, personally don't mind big wordmarks -- it has plenty of precedence, especially in the collegiate ranks. All they have to do is avoid monochrome and they would look outstanding. The helmet is especially fantastic. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PurpleHayes said:

From UniWatch:

Lions president Rod Wood says that the team’s forthcoming new unis will be “one of the great uniforms” in the NFL.

Pretty sure that's what reps from the Bills said in 2002...

...and the Jaguars in 2013

...and the Buccaneers in 2014

...and the Browns in 2015

...and the Titans in 2018

...and the Jets in 2019

...and the Falcons in 2020

...and the Commies in 2022

...and the Cardinals in 2023

🤮

Wake me up when an owner says "yeah these new uniforms are ok, we'll probably replace them soon" when hyping them up lol

• Like 6
  • Eyeroll 1

I mean, the full quote was that the Lions would have “one of the best uniforms in the NFL for the next 5 years or so”  so it’s not like – even here and now – these new uniforms are being considered a long-term solution

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

15 minutes ago, GFB said:

I mean, the full quote was that the Lions would have “one of the best uniforms in the NFL for the next 5 years or so”  so it’s not like these even here and now these are being treated as a long term solution

The conspiracy theorist in me just told me that the Lions just let slip that they will be changing again in another five years...and proves that the NFL/Nike consortium has adopted the strategy of changing every five years. 🤯

• Like 4
  • WOAH 1

5 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Everyone on the internet nowadays wants to be right and say "I told you so!"

Back in 2012 everyone was convinced that Nike was going to turn the NFL into Oregon. That idea was even more prominent here, especially among traditionalists. 

Every year since, people post about the "slippery slope" and "Here we go! It's happening now!"

But after almost 12 years, no NFL team has reached the Oregon level. No NFL team is randomly adding colors like volt green into their uniforms. No team has "city connect" uniforms. No team is wearing a different helmet every week. 

Just because it’s going slowly doesn’t mean it isn’t happening.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, PurpleHayes said:

NFL/Nike's strategy:

spacer.png

I know this is a popular metaphor, but who the heck boils a frog?

A frog is a big enough meal where you'd want to clean the guts out or cut the legs off so you'd probably just bash it against a rock as soon as you caught it.

Stuff that gets cooked alive like a lobster just gets tossed into a rolling boil that kills it almost instantly. You have to be a sick puppy to do a slow boil on an animal.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Fair. However, they essentially took their 80s/90s design and updated it. From what I’ve been able to see, most loved that design. Is the current design a step down? Perhaps, but it’s certainly not a jump. Obviously it’s all up to interpretation, but IMO it’s what I’ll always want to see out of a set and it certainly beats the crap out of their Reebok fiasco.

I refuse to give those Cardinals uniforms a single chance until they're worn in a non- monochrome manner. I don't care what each individual uniform element looks like when every element is the same color.

• Like 14
  • Yawn 1

10 minutes ago, PurpleHayes said:

Wait, they don't even have a SECOND helmet yet!

yeah they do, they have the navy primary and battle red alternate

• Like 2

Watch Katt Williams: Woke Foke | Netflix Official Site

1 minute ago, jamesizzo said:

yeah they do, they have the navy primary and battle red alternate

Sorry, I meant with the new uniforms that will be leaked before April 23rd. Unless they already said the helmet wouldn't change...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ruttep said:

I refuse to give those Cardinals uniforms a single chance until they're worn in a non- monochrome manner. I don't care what each individual uniform element looks like when every element is the same color.

This is exactly right.  I can’t understand how so many people here can talk about some particular uniform and say “this is a really good uniform as long as they don’t….” and then say the very thing that the team has insisted on doing for every single game.  It’s like a drinking game around here.  How many times do I have to read someone saying they really like some uniform when it’s worn with contrasting socks and the team they’re talking about hasn’t worn contrasting socks since the 90’s.  

Bottom line is the Cardinals looked like ass in all 17 games last year.  

• Like 9
  • Applause 2

Addendum to my comment about the Broncos 'Club 1977' that was using an updated 'D' logo that was taken from a fan concept, apparently that's not the new logo.

https://twitter.com/masedenver/status/1778542035210752116?s=46&t=EsXZXf63qJs621q-gvh_Pw

https://twitter.com/mikeklis9news/status/1778541613729415265?s=46&t=EsXZXf63qJs621q-gvh_Pw

Also that portal no longer displays that logo either. I wonder if this is a case of some web-design intern going rogue.

21 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

Addendum to my comment about the Broncos 'Club 1977' that was using an updated 'D' logo that was taken from a fan concept, apparently that's not the case.

https://twitter.com/masedenver/status/1778542035210752116?s=46&t=EsXZXf63qJs621q-gvh_Pw

https://twitter.com/mikeklis9news/status/1778541613729415265?s=46&t=EsXZXf63qJs621q-gvh_Pw

Also that portal no longer displays that logo either. I wonder if this is a case of some web-design intern going rogue.

Could've easily been told to use a throwback logo as well and just picked that one on google they saw and boom. Certainly wouldn't be the first time an intern did that.

• Like 4

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!