2024 NFL Changes

32 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Everyone give this baby one last good look (always loved it and will never apologize for it, just didn't mold well onto modern templates)

GettyImages-1497208.0.jpg

Honestly, I gotta give them credit. They managed to make that look somewhat "timeless". 

I may miss this... but that depends on what happens within the next 30 mins. 

• Like 2

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Here's another example of why players should NOT be in charge of uniform choices (Calvin Johnson in this case):

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/detroit-lions-black-uniform-legend-lobbies-home-game/2ce0f84b2d0a9a3d6bbb051c

In fact, he likes it so much that he's ready to start a petition to have the team wear them for every home game. Tell me where to sign up, Megatron.

“All I got to say is, I am going to start a petition so we can wear these bad boys every home game,” Johnson said, per Brandon Carr and Mara MacDonald of ClickOnDetroit.com. “The jersey is reminiscent of the Reebok ones we wore back in the day. They’re bringing back the blocked numbers but in a new, fresh, modern style.”

Just now, oldschoolvikings said:

Why don’t they?

When it comes to grey facemasks, that was just the original color of the material from the manufacturer, kind of like how we don't count the silver from the chinstrap buckles.

That changed when the first colored masks became available and teams could opt to move away from factory grey.

The Cardinals in 2023 are the first instance I've seen of a team trying to retroactively add that facemask color to their overall scheme (admittedly they switched the facemask color to silver from grey to pull that off).

39 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I’ve said it before here, but the Broncos’ outgoing uniforms are one of the very few that you can honestly say changed the aesthetics of thier respective sport’s uniforms.

And those changes were not for the better. It was a horrible uniform when it debuted and it remains a horrible uniform today. But I did like the colors.

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1

BB52Big.jpg

We are about to find out if the various leaks are real or not. If the Broncos looks like the leaked image than we know the Giants, Vikings and Texans are accurate too since they all came from same source

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PurpleHayes said:

Here's another example of why players should NOT be in charge of uniform choices (Calvin Johnson in this case):

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/detroit-lions-black-uniform-legend-lobbies-home-game/2ce0f84b2d0a9a3d6bbb051c

In fact, he likes it so much that he's ready to start a petition to have the team wear them for every home game. Tell me where to sign up, Megatron.

“All I got to say is, I am going to start a petition so we can wear these bad boys every home game,” Johnson said, per Brandon Carr and Mara MacDonald of ClickOnDetroit.com. “The jersey is reminiscent of the Reebok ones we wore back in the day. They’re bringing back the blocked numbers but in a new, fresh, modern style.”

as a lions fan, I hope they get destroyed in their first game wearing the black alts so they don’t start thinking they are some lucky set.  

At least the pants have stripes, even if they are some weird pattern. But they aren't bad by any semblance of the word.  How are they wearing the white helmet though, only with the navy set it looks like?