2024 NFL Changes

13 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Our lord & savior gets it.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Feels extremely mediocre. 

Are they good? No. Are they terrible? No. Are there some mind numbingly idiotic design elements? Yes. Are there some good design elements? Yes.

Also getting a look at that gorgeous throwback right after didn’t do them any favors.

• Like 10

50 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

GLxyBEzXQAAs3p3?format=jpg&name=large

Get the white over orange some blue socks and we got something cookin’

The jerseys are fine & safe. 6/10

The white helmet paired with the navy jerseys and pants is a terrible looking combo. 

The helmet strip is looks incomplete not coming full way to the front of the helmet. I’m not sure if that would’ve helped. 

It just feels like a missed opportunity to not modernize the retro D-Horse logo with something that matched up a bit better with Cyber Horse. 

This also confirms the legitimacy of the AB/CTESPN leaks we’ve been seeing, although I’d say the retail graphics don’t do the uniforms any favors. The uniforms look better thankfully. Can’t wait to see the actual Giants throwbacks AB leaked in reality, as well as that helmet, 

• Like 3
NYCdog.png

3 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'm not necessarily saying that gray facemasks should count as a team color, I just think you'd be unwise not to consider that idea that a team might decide to claim it as an excuse to add gray to the uniform.  The colts built an entire black uniform (poorly) by changing the Nike swooshes on the white jersey only to black. Speaking of the Colts, in an awesome troll job, they made "Facemask Gray" one of their official colors... I like to fantasize specifically to mess with the people on the site who cry like babies every time there's a gray mask when there's no other gray in the color scheme (here you go, whiners... "Facemask Gray" as an official color).

I don't want to see this supposed Vikings' alt, because it will suck, but I have no doubt that NFL teams will gladly break any "rules" they want and bend the language to make it happen.  As usual.

Sure you can do it retroactively. You could do anything you like going forward.

I would just say up to this point the Vikings have not had grey/silver as a color.

I really liked the Broncos old style of uniforms. I can see how they felt outdated to some though. Nike usually adds at least one thing that ruins the entire uniforms, Jags helmet, Bucs alarm clock numbers for examples. The 5280 and the triangles, especially on the helmet ruin this look in my opinion. The jerseys are solid though.

2 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

This dude is blind as hell, apparently.

Needs his fashion advice license revoked.

5dd4f1f26249ef8d38f8b806286e8f13

This was him for the past week, at the NFL offices. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I’d argue that Denver took inspiration from their 1966 uniforms for this set. Whether or not they want to admit that is on them and forever a secret. 

I agree-- I'm not sure if it was intentional either. If it was, the execution is bad and they should feel bad.

I guess its the second mountain, or what others might refer to as the 'chargers bolt'... I don't think it's necessary. We can understand that mountains are a part of Denver's identity just by the angular shoulder cap/stripe, but they took it one step further and really spelled it out. 

And if we still didn't get it, the 5280 should hammer that point right home! Next step is having the word M O U N T A I N S  spelled out in the helmet stripe. New alt idea for the next few years, you're welcome, Nike.

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, CreamSoda said:

Leaks were real;

Oh man, I am excited! ARENA FOOTBALL IS BACK BABY!

• LOL 3

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

So, eating crow here.

I thought these would be horrendous. 

Turns out they are a huge upgrade.  The videos that they created for these also were absolutely top-notch.  They hit me right where it mattered:  they went just about full John Dutton in Yellowstone in the Mile High Collection video (and Ford Broncos will always be cool) and they took it back to the 80's with the Throwback video.  This is coming from a diehard Chiefs fan who hates the Donkeys.

PROS: Jersey, pant, and helmet are all solid and all upgrades.   The small details are done well, not obnoxious.  I dig the small triangles as a separator.  Love the helmet finish.  Didn't think I'd like the number font but it's absolutely an upgrade.  

CONS:  The 5280 helmet bumper bothers me, as does putting it on the pant stripe.  The elmet stripe is silly.  The set does give off Virginia/Arizona vibes due to all of the combos.  The White helmet is pointless if not being worn with the White uniform.  And the Stripe should be Navy/Orange, not White/Navy.  I only like the Orange pants with the Orange jersey.  Mono-Navy is no good.  I hate the Navy over White too.  

Congrats, Broncos fans.

• Hurl 1
  • Dislike 2

Denver is better than I expected, TBH. Excellent move bringing back the throwbacks, and I'm really liking that satin finish on the blue helmets.

That helmet stripe though... yikes. Big, big yikes. Looks like a poorly rendered drawing of a mullet or something.

Way too much monochrome as well, the yoga pants effect really sours what would otherwise be good combinations. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

This dude is blind as hell, apparently.

Needs his fashion advice license revoked.

That guy has terrible taste in uniforms. His takes were so bad that I had to stop following him.

1 minute ago, kimball said:

Oh man, I am excited! ARENA FOOTBALL IS BACK BABY!

Outstanding.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

BB52Big.jpg

2 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

So, eating crow here.

I thought these would be horrendous. 

Turns out they are a huge upgrade.  The videos that they created for these also were absolutely top-notch.  They hit me right where it mattered:  they went just about full John Dutton in Yellowstone in the Mile High Collection video (and Ford Broncos will always be cool) and they took it back to the 80's with the Throwback video.  This is coming from a diehard Chiefs fan who hates the Donkeys.

PROS: Jersey, pant, and helmet are all solid and all upgrades.   The small details are done well, not obnoxious.  I dig the small triangles as a separator.  Love the helmet finish.  Didn't think I'd like the number font but it's absolutely an upgrade.  

CONS:  The 5280 helmet bumper bothers me, as does putting it on the pant stripe.  The elmet stripe is silly.  The set does give off Virginia/Arizona vibes due to all of the combos.  The White helmet is pointless if not being worn with the White uniform.  And the Stripe should be Navy/Orange, not White/Navy.  I only like the Orange pants with the Orange jersey.  Mono-Navy is no good.  I hate the Navy over White too.  

Congrats, Broncos fans.

actually.  They are trash. 

• Like 1
  • Yawn 2