2024 NFL Changes

54 minutes ago, NYCdog said:

The city flag. 

According to several sources, the official color is this:

pantone-color-chip-7685-c.webp

On Wikipedia (yeah, I know), it's this:

Flag_of_Houston,_Texas.svg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 hours ago, maz said:

I can take or leave contrasting socks. Doesn't matter to me too much. Contrasting helmet is usually a no-go for me on a monochrome set. If the socks match, then that helps. Bengals all-black with the usual tiger stripe helmet didn't look too bad to me, but the Cards and Bills going out there with all red or blue and white helmets looked "off" to me.

In general, when it comes to this, some colors don't work, and it depends in part on other uniform details. Steelers all-black color rush? Awesome. All-blue Broncos? Not bad. All-white Colts? Hell yeah. However, all-lime-green Seahawks, all-orange Dolphins, or all-yellow Rams? Trash 'em. It's a case-by-case thing. 

It's a prevalent trend now, but trends often do die out. Like the bright colors and lots of monochrome sets baseball had in the 70's, I don't see a lot of teams experimenting with this forever.

I really hate monchrome, but when it really goes overboard is with designs that have already been oversimplified. It's especially bad with stripeless pants.

Monochrome is bad, but these are really bottom of the barrel:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5

3 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

The Titans should still be called the Tennessee Oilers btw

They changed the name because the history and tradition behind it did not resonate with Tennessee residents at all.

• Meh 1

1 hour ago, ruttep said:

They changed the name because the history and tradition behind it did not resonate with Tennessee residents at all.

I doubt people in LA resonated with rams, trolley dodging, or lakes.

The name, uniform, and logo were all perfect so they should have stayed. Now we've got a flaming thumbtack and Love Ya Blue pit stains! Life stinks

• Like 5

• Keep the Titans name

• Use the Oilers throwbacks full time with proper away jersey

• Add third navy blue jersey with silver helmet and pants

Essentially this, but swap the Columbia/Luv Ya/whatever blue for navy on the silver

GMxVb0CXYAAFuiz?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 3
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 1

9 hours ago, BBTV said:

Trademark law.  Also, why would they allow a football team in Houston to wear light blue and red uniforms, which would very likely impact their ability to sell old Oilers jerseys, and potentially create confusion when they wore the throwbacks?  It's crappy, but that's how capitalism and trademarks work.  Can't really blame her.

Yes, I can blame her because she's deciding to be petty when there is no need to be. Capitalism and trademark law doesnt excuse one's decision to....***act in a less than empathetic way*** 🤐.... as a means to potentially accrue more money. This whole thing really just reeks of manufactured drama on both clubs part to bring in more attention($$$) and hype up a rivalry (again, for more $$$).

• Like 3
  • Huh? 1
  • Dislike 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

• Keep the Titans name

• Use the Oilers throwbacks full time with proper away jersey

• Add third navy blue jersey with silver helmet and pants

Essentially this, but swap the Columbia/Luv Ya/whatever blue for navy on the silver

GMxVb0CXYAAFuiz?format=jpg&name=large

If there’s any logo the Titans should be using  on a helmet, it should be the current alternate logo T-Sword Ball & Stars logo. It has the state logo rendered as a shield and would fit better with the sword shoulder pattern on the jerseys. 

spacer.png

• Like 8
NYCdog.png

1 hour ago, NYCdog said:

If there’s any logo the Titans should be using  on a helmet, it should be the current alternate logo T-Sword Ball & Stars logo. It has the state logo rendered as a shield and would fit better with the sword shoulder pattern on the jerseys. 

spacer.png

“Is that a ball & star on your helmet or are you just happy to see me?”

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, NYCdog said:

spacer.png

Somebody had a great post here about how the perspective on this logo is all effed up. I need to find it.

• Like 6

It's where I sit.

Extreme Taylor Twellman voice "what are we doing?" 

The Titans brand is top notch, the idea that they would revert to the Oilers look but keep the moniker doesn't make any sense. 

Just clean up their slot-machine-of-random-uniform-features clown suits -- right now they are dragging down a distinct, thoughtful brand with embarrassing unis.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1