2024 NFL Changes

9 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Texans make alt uniforms only to wear them for two games 🙄

That's... that's what an alternate uniform is...

I... I don't understand your confusion.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

4 hours ago, gothedistance said:

New England had the Colts as the host team (one of them being overseas) the last two years, due to finishing in the same place.  This year is their opportunity to use the red throwbacks on their old AFC East rival before it slips by.

Based on the pattern since the throwbacks were revived, it looks like there's a good chance of it happening. The Patriots have worn the red throwbacks for their first December home game. And the other sometime in the first half of the season.

I like Pat Patriot, but I think, if they were to return to the overall throwback style full-time, more substantial changes would need to happen than with the Jets. 

For starters, the logo would need to be cleaned up a bit, as it is overly complex. Also, I would hope they would make a blue version as the primary and limit the red to alternate status. We fought against the Redcoats in the Revolutionary War. 

I could see it happening though. Three jerseys, three pants to mix and match. The one thing I would hope they’d leave untouched (even though they probably wouldn’t) is having striped socks. 

20 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

I don’t get at all why the Texans decided to swerve away from the horns on the blue jersey. 

I assume they must have tried red horns and white horns on the navy jerseys during the design process and didn't like how either of them looked, so they decided to go without.

• Like 1

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

18 minutes ago, JQK said:

There they go... that's what I'm talkin' bout. 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Hurl 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 minute ago, rfraser85 said:

Red shell. So that must mean this is replacing the '80s throwback. Either that or the Giants are going to wear the regular blue helmet with that uniform.

Red-winged blue helmet, a la the Princeton Tigers/Michigan Wolverines.

• Like 7

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

5 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

Red shell. So that must mean this is replacing the '80s throwback. Either that or the Giants are going to wear the regular blue helmet with that uniform.

Where are you getting it's a red shell? It's their regular blue helmets with a red winged helmet decal. They aren't like Michigan. These aren't painted.

• Like 4

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

11 minutes ago, JQK said:

Where are you getting it's a red shell? It's their regular blue helmets with a red winged helmet decal. They aren't like Michigan. These aren't painted.

My mistake. I must have only seen the front in the video.

Then I guess the CR jersey will get the boot.

• Like 1

Just now, oldschoolvikings said:

Wouldn’t matter if it was a red helmet anyway.  The NFL has watered it down to three helmets now anyway.  

It does this year for the Giants. Next year is when a red helmet is an option.

40 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

My mistake. I must have only seen the front in the video.

Then I guess the CR jersey will get the boot.

Teams can have a CR and a throwback at the same time.