2024 NFL Changes

9 hours ago, Ted Cunningham said:

True. However, I believe it only means dark because of its use to describe the black, tar-like substance used in waterproofing, etc. While language is ever-evolving and there is no "improper use" where meaning is conveyed successfully, and while using "pitch" comparatively to describe any very dark version of a color vs. a lighter shade can make sense, I can understand why people would associate pitch exclusively with black and find other terms to qualify other darker colors.

Of course it is, which is why I get not liking it. The meaning was conveyed, irregardless.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, Silver_Star said:

Oh, the apple red garbage. red jerseys, red pants, and white helmets. I guess this is their norm now. Welp, the Cardinals dived right into monochrome madness.

I've said this before, but all they need to do is trash the red pants. I actually really like this set other than that. It fits well with their history other than looking like a big strawberry when they go mono-red.  It's clean and the gray/silver color really works for me for some reason. It adds another color element but doesn't look forced. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, PlayGloria said:

I've said this before, but all they need to do is trash the red pants. I actually really like this set other than that. It fits well with their history other than looking like a big strawberry when they go mono-red.  It's clean and the gray/silver color really works for me for some reason. It adds another color element but doesn't look forced. 

They don’t look like a strawberry when they go mono. They look like they’re collectively on the proverbial rag. 

• LOL 1

3 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

Oh, the apple red garbage. red jerseys, red pants, and white helmets. I guess this is their norm now. Welp, the Cardinals dived right into monochrome madness.

Since they recently redesigned, I wonder if they go full apple with a red helmet?

8 hours ago, PlayGloria said:

The silver color always works. We never had a red and silver type team. And yes, the white pants would look phenomenal with that set. I would toy with white, apple red, and silver just to play the Boston/New Orleans/Portland Breakers theme.

It would be worth a try.

@MrAstrodome I hope not. That would be a serious no-no for them. Way back then, they did have a red helmet before going fully white helmets in the early 1950's, but I wouldn't think that would cross their minds. I hope to God not.

• Like 1

About what we expected. Another unnecessary uniform but if they were going to do this, the coloring of the stripes should be flipped but whatever

• Like 1
  • WOAH 1
  • Hurl 3
  • Dislike 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Eyeroll 1

By dropping the shoulder numbers, one of their primary colors, and their proprietary wordmark in favor of something Agency-adjacent, the Minnesota Vikings have done an outstanding job of creating a uniform that makes them look like a high school team attempting to mimic the Minnesota Vikings.

• Like 29
  • LOL 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

28 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Yikes, ew, oof, what have you. The Vikings should be embarrassed 

GPY5xpFXAAAnDnv?format=jpg&name=large

This uniform is so :censored:ing unnecessary.  

Pandora's Box has been opened.

• Like 15

Well hopefully the throwbacks don’t become the primary like many people want, because then we’ll see these 2-3 times a year instead of just once. I can’t stand what an influence all the clueless young fans on social media have on sports uniforms these days.

• Like 7

Of course they're using 🥶🥶 when tweeting the reveal. What trite nonsense. It reminds me of the fad-chasing of 20+ years ago when every mid-major college team needed the Denver Broncos' side panels on their jerseys. Except this is the NFL and you're supposed to be dictating the style, not chasing it.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I really like this Vikings set. It's well-coordinated, different but still cohesive with the main set, and the purple-silver combo looks really great together.

The Vikings maintain one of the best all around looks in the NFL now between the main set, the throwbacks, and now these alternates.

• Like 2
  • Hurl 2
  • Meh 2
  • Huh? 1
  • Dislike 5
  • Eyeroll 1

spacer.png

Imagine being the only team with purple helmet in NFL history, wearing a purple helmet for every single game, and you go away from that to chase a stupid trend. AND you choose to wear it against a division rival that has a traditional look. Garbage.

• Like 14
  • Applause 1

So the leak was real after all. I don't get the logic behind changing the wordmark just for this uniform. That's what made me think it was fake initially.

I expect it'll look like ass on TV with the bright silver stripes not contrasting enough with the white base. About the only thing I do like is the icicle effect on the numbers, it's very clever without being overdone. But again, because there's so little contrast, you won't even be able to see it outside of close-up pictures in perfect conditions.

• Like 3

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12