fkjh7zvr7ded1.png?width=591&auto=webp&s=

I would've preferred a green facemask like my concept: 

spacer.png

• Like 8

spacer.png

35 minutes ago, nuordr said:

I would've preferred a green facemask like my concept: 

spacer.png

Not bad for a whiteout, but it needs a couple things. First, I would reverse the helmet stripe to green/gold/green to match the rest of the stripes. The other thing is it could use either dark green socks or white socks with the striping pattern used on the rest of the uniform. But to be fair, the players would probably just wear solid whites on their own and replicate what you have here.

The funny thing is the Packers would have the perfect storytelling element with dark green. They could say that represents the evergreen trees in winter.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, mcrosby said:

Definitely better, but the mismatched stripes from helmet to jersey to pants is still a huge miss. 

Fixed...I uploaded the wrong one as I was playing around with switching up the stripes. 

spacer.png

20 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

White pants on the road for Chicago?

The Bears did that quite a bit in the 2000's. They went white over white for all of 2001, 2002, and 2003 (save one game). Then they went back to it for a bunch of games in 2006 (that Hester pick is from his legendary game against the Rams in St. Louis). Back to navy pants in 2007 but then went all white for the entirety of 2008.

They seemed poised to continue that trend in 2009... and then this happened:

chi_cutler_100th_start_04.jpg

They haven't worn that look since and indicators are that ownership won't permit it.

7 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

The Bears did that quite a bit in the 2000's. They went white over white for all of 2001, 2002, and 2003 (save one game). Then they went back to it for a bunch of games in 2006 (that Hester pick is from his legendary game against the Rams in St. Louis). Back to navy pants in 2007 but then went all white for the entirety of 2008.

They haven't worn that look since and indicators are that ownership won't permit it.

And 90s, 80s, 70s ... 😁

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

The white-on-white Bears road looks is my fave.  Wish they'd stuck with it, but where did you see it wasn't allowed?

• Dislike 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Is there some additional context to this moment frozen in time that the rest of us are not getting??

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

10 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Is there some additional context to this moment frozen in time that the rest of us are not getting??

Loss in a one score game on national TV where Jay Cutler had 4 picks

• Like 2

15 hours ago, BBTV said:

I'd hate to see Eagles wings or Rams horns on that helmet.

I tried my best to find a picture of either team with a player wearing an axiom. You’re in luck because I could find anything.

4 hours ago, thebutkiker said:

spacer.pngspacer.png

So I guess they simply cover up the holes.  Still looks odd, but not quite as bad as I expected.

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Does anyone know the story behind the Cardinals’ black helmets in the PC version of Madden ‘08? (Not the current ones.) Or the Raiders’ silver jerseys from the same game? 

Some teams from that era had "fashion" jerseys that never hit the field but were in Madden (the Bucs had a very dumb black one.) So maybe the Raiders jersey and Cardinals helmet were the same idea.

• Like 3

njrx617.png

6 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Does anyone know the story behind the Cardinals’ black helmets in the PC version of Madden ‘08? (Not the current ones.) Or the Raiders’ silver jerseys from the same game? 

Beats me. I used to play it. In that game it also had  the 49ers and Rams with an all gold uniform as an option, but they never used it in real life. The Jaguars had an all teal in the game, and this was many years before they started wearing the combo in real life.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2024 at 2:45 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

White pants on the road for Chicago?

Maybe if they get the pants stripe to match the sleeves & socks.

21 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

I'll have to find it, but there was a study done that showed that if you asked people whenever the best "X" was, they will pretty consistently say the same time relative to their age. Nostalgia is a hell of a thing. 

It's like when Lorne Michaels was asked what the best cast of SNL is. I think he said something to the effect of "whichever one was on the air when you were 15".

• Like 2