2024 NFL Changes

30 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Two more things. Silver has never been a part of the Vikings' color scheme. So I think we can put to bed any idea that the NFL's "rules" will prevent teams from doing whatever they want. There's lots of discussion on this board about how some of us grumpy old traditionalists over react and the NFL's rules won't allow things to go too far.  So... offically, and for the record... everyone can stop with that bullspit. The "rules" only exist until a team decides to do what they want. That's the truth.  It's the wild west.

Since silver is an accident color it doesn't break any rules. If the Vikings tried to use a silver helmet or jersey they most likely wouldn't be allowed. 

As much as I dislike the Icy White Vikings and H-Town alternates. There's nothing illegal about them. Now if the NFL said that no off-brand colors could be used at all. You might have an argument. My biggest complaint isn't with the rules, but with the fact that both teams added a new color that is primarily used by a division rival. This would be like the Chargers adding silver, Bengals adding purple, Colts adding red, etc. 

vikes-ww8-scaled.jpg

I don't know why they felt they needed that silver stripes down the middle when they have the oversized horns still? It reminds me a little of the St. Louis Battlehawks, but at least with that helmet it makes more sense since it represents the Arch. 

vikes-ww2.jpg

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, SportsFan12 said:

This is the sports uniform world we live in. If Timmy and Sally and Billy from Twitter want an all-white uniform, the team will eventually listen to them. Sickening.

To be fair, I think Timmy and Sally have some pretty good ideas. Billy, though ... ooof. 🤣

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

It's just another uniform that further cements my problem with this "minimalistic" era of NFL (and sports in general) uniforms. It's boring. It doesn't stand out. I'm gonna put the game on and it'll take me a long time before I realize "oh it's the Vikings". 

It's a white uniform that hides almost everything that makes the Vikings brand stand out. Why would I wanna wear this? Why would anyone wanna wear this? No one will know "oh it's the Vikings". I may as well wear a regular white t-shirt. 

• Like 8

XM4KeeA.png

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Two more things. Silver has never been a part of the Vikings' color scheme. So I think we can put to bed any idea that the NFL's "rules" will prevent teams from doing whatever they want.

I'm willing to bet it's allowed because of the throwback helmet having a gray facemask. The league probably views silver/gray as the same thing. 

OR...

The Vikings are going to introduce new uniforms either next year or the year after with silver due to the success of how people liked the throwback. "They like the gray facemask? Silver it is!"

• Like 1

bSLCtu2.png

Everybody accusing kids on Twitter for this need to realize that 13–17-year-olds only make up 2.4% of users. It's your run-of-the-mill 25–34-year-old moron that's truly to blame. 

Purple and silver is a great combo, but not like this and not for this team. The helmet is the worst part, none of that works for me.

Fix the helmet, add purple socks, and throw this onto your Madden create-a-team and we may be in business.

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

I'm willing to bet it's allowed because of the throwback helmet having a gray facemask. The league probably views silver/gray as the same thing. 

OR...

The Vikings are going to introduce new uniforms either next year or the year after with silver due to the success of how people liked the throwback. "They like the gray facemask? Silver it is!"

OR… 

It’s “allowed” because the Vikings wanted to do it and that’s pretty much all there is to it.  

We spend a lot of time discussing these theoretical NFL uniform rules.  Has anybody ever seen an actual document outlining any of these rules?  I’m seriously asking.  Is it possible most of these supposed rules are hearsay that gets accepted as fact?  

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

17 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

OR… 

It’s “allowed” because the Vikings wanted to do it and that’s pretty much all there is to it.  

We spend a lot of time discussing these theoretical NFL uniform rules.  Has anybody ever seen an actual document outlining any of these rules?  I’m seriously asking.  Is it possible most of these supposed rules are hearsay that gets accepted as fact?  

This isn't the main color of the uniform, so there's not a rule preventing them from adding a new trim color. That's how the Colts could add a black swoosh to their uniform. However, once they added the black swoosh, that set the stage for them to be allowed to have a black uniform, because it was a color in their team "database" so to speak.

You can always add a color to your uniform. You can't make a new uniform out of color that isn't currently used or in your team's history.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, raz said:

Exclusive look at new Steelers "White Hot Iron" unis coming in 2025:

spacer.png

Remember when the Colts trolled us with their  April Fools all-white uniform nine years ago? It’s becoming more of a reality that we’ll get this eventually

spacer.png

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Sad 1