2024 NFL Changes

14 minutes ago, DrunkKidCatholic said:

your mock up it just looks like a single green stripe on the shoulder. That doesn't look right.

No it looks right, you're just so used to the hack job by the Nike template that you've grown conditioned to what's wrong. 

It's supposed to look like a single green stripe on the shoulder.

MARTIN-1.jpg

• Like 13

PvO6ZWJ.png

19 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

They look a little silly, but I will gladly take this if it keeps the players safer. With the matching design, it's something we can get used to. 

I think some people were expecting them to not have the covers, but I've also already seen people claiming they wouldn't watch football anymore if they started wearing these in games. I'm not that fussed about it though, I'd rather these guys remember their own names when they're 65. 

• Like 10

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

They look a little silly, but I will gladly take this if it keeps the players safer. With the matching design, it's something we can get used to. 

I have a feeling that if this sticks around, we'll see the middleman get cut out, with team designs applied directly to the cap instead of being a separate layer. We might even see a company launch a helmet with this kind of external padding built in.

For now, though, it's definitely an odd look.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Just a quick reminder that a few years ago, when every other post referred to the NFL’s “ridiculous one helmet policy” and moaned about not have cool throwbacks, I predicted every single bit of this.  I predicted non-throwback alt helmets , I predicted traditional teams like the Packers jumping in, I predicted a third helmet option.  All of it.  

The only thing I got wrong was that I thought it would take maybe four years.  

And I was called “grumpy” (true) and “old” (umm… also true).  So now I’d like to be called “grumpy, old, and absolutely correct”.  

I don't think that many people disagreed with your takes at the time, at least not from what I remember. I personally wanted the one helmet rule to be flexed just for the throwbacks, but I knew that wasn't satisfying enough for teams.

24 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

There is a possibility that they could just alter the appearance of these over time so they look less silly. Although, I'm interested in how much more additional weight is added with these caps if anything.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

I don't think that many people would've disagreed with your takes at the time, at least not from what I remember. I personally wanted the one helmet rule to be flexed just for the throwbacks, but I knew that wasn't satisfying enough for teams.

If I had the time to do a deep dive, I think @oldschoolvikings would be confirmed in his statement above.

It's where I sit.

On 7/24/2024 at 11:54 AM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

A game so bad is was a contender for "Worst Bears Game in Recent Memory" according to a local podcast.

I can think of five worse off the top of my head: Trestman Packers, Trestman Patriots, Punt Every Time, Double-Doink, Chiefs '23, Broncos '23

• Like 3

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, The_Admiral said:

I can think of five worse off the top of my head: Trestman Packers, Trestman Patriots, Punt Every Time, Double-Doink, Chiefs '23, Broncos '23

That’s six. 

12 hours ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Absolutely did not need these. 

No they did not...

If they're gonna have an alternate helmet, why not a teal one? It would be unique and still look good with the black jersey and any pants color in their closet.

This will look terrible with anything other than white pants. And look somehow more generic practice uniform/EA NCAA Football '1-AA South' than they already do.

• Like 3

We did it.  We found a more pointless alternate helmet than the Bears' orange one.  I thought such things were impossible.

• Like 3

"The guns have fallen silent.  The stars have aligned.  The great wait is over.  Come see.  It will not be televised."

15 hours ago, tBBP said:

Y'all, this gets worse...

lsbr2jj.jpeg

f9bwX2X.jpeg

QpLGpkP.jpeg

WLEMISs.jpeg

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9522eri4d0pzfttsfqtne

Also, "shell white"? this recent trend of forcing nicknames onto new uniforms really needs to stop.

White helmets are becoming the next blackout/whiteout in football and I'm not a fan. I mean, come on Jacksonville, an automatic classic in a teal helmet WAS RIGHT THERE! It would look so much better on that all-black uniform too! Coastal Carolina and the Massachusetts Pirates have proven that the look is one of the best in modern football.

Coastal Football Adds to 2023 Signing Class - Coastal Carolina University  Athletics

Mass. Pirates to Leave Worcester, Announce New Venue

Jacksonville Jaguars Flash Speed Authentic Football Helmet

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

6 hours ago, The_Admiral said:

You might have to be more specific about that Trestman Packers game. The 4th and 8, Chris Conte blown coverage made it to the Sour 16 but the 2014 blowout did not. Trestman Patriots was an honorable mention. Oops-All-Punts go to the Awful 8. Chiefs in 2023 got a mention but didn't make the cut. Same with the Broncos in 2023, though the Marion Barber/Tim Tebow thing I think made the Foul Four out of the Heartbreaker region.

16 hours ago, The_Admiral said:

Damn, I was at two of those games. Traveled to Lambeau in 2014 for that Sunday Night game and Kansas City last year. Both times I didn't even have people talk trash to me, just told me how sorry they were. It was the equivalent of your parent telling you, "I'm not mad, just disappointed."

• Sad 2