2024 NFL Changes

3 hours ago, burgundy said:

I will not be coming around to the Texans' new uniforms. They're not necessarily bad uniforms, but everything about them is worse than what they replaced. The numbers still suck, the navy is too dark, and the minimizing of red makes them boring.

And Denver is a case of death by a thousand cuts. Or in their case, death by 5,286 triangles.

The Broncos 1970s orange throwback jersey is their one saving grace.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

It seems nobody in this thread picked up on this. What is going on here?

vGiVTo2.png

Doesn't it just show that the league literally doesn't care about logos (like we do)? Clearly everyone knows that is the Jaguars, what's in the details of whether or not it's the correct logo?

It's where I sit.

7 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

It seems nobody in this thread picked up on this. What is going on here?

vGiVTo2.png

Shhhhhhh!!! No one say anything. Just let them roll with it....

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, mcrosby said:

A detail I don't think I've seen anyone talk about. The Packers white helmet has gold glitter. This doesn't make it any better or worse for me, it just is. 

Packers Riddell Winter Warning Speedflex Helmet

This would be neat if the helmet had yellow on it somewhere.

It’d be even better if this helmet just didn’t exist 

Existing for Existence Sake EFES

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DCarp1231 said:

This would be neat if the helmet had yellow on it somewhere.

It’d be even better if this helmet just didn’t exist 

Existing for Existence Sake EFES

More like EFCS- Existing for Clout's Sake

1 hour ago, mcrosby said:

A detail I don't think I've seen anyone talk about. The Packers white helmet has gold glitter. This doesn't make it any better or worse for me, it just is. 

Knowing that there's stripper dust embedded in the paint just makes it worse.  Somewhere Vince Lombardi is spinning in his grave.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

5 hours ago, Echo said:

Knowing that there's stripper dust embedded in the paint just makes it worse.  Somewhere Vince Lombardi is spinning in his grave.

"What the HELL'S GOIN' ON UP THERE???"

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 hours ago, mcrosby said:

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2024/8/1/24211176/packers-reveal-all-white-helmets-uniforms-to-be-worn-on-oct-20-vs-texans

The only gold present are tiny gold flecks that are effectively invisible unless the observer is extremely close or zoomed-in on the helmet itself.

Well said by the writer at acmepackingcompany.com.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, burgundy said:

I will not be coming around to the Texans' new uniforms. They're not necessarily bad uniforms, but everything about them is worse than what they replaced. The numbers still suck, the navy is too dark, and the minimizing of red makes them boring.

And Denver is a case of death by a thousand cuts. Or in their case, death by 5,286 triangles.

Truth. The Texans went from maybe the best number font in the league to one of the worst. And navy blue that’s so dark it’s nearly black is lifeless. I hate it in baseball too. 

The Broncos would be better if they weren’t replacing a pretty iconic set that they’ve won all their Super Bowls in (although they got obliterated by my Seahawks too).

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

14 hours ago, csura999 said:

spacer.png

Red socks really go a long ways in to adding some life and color to the Texan's road uniforms.

Red is an overpowering color.  When it’s not the primary color, it’s best used as an accent - trim, striping, text and other small features - rather than as a strong secondary color.  

I think the Texans looked as good as they ever looked last night.  

I don’t miss the Red numbers or socks at all.

• Like 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Dislike 8

30 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

Red is an overpowering color.  When it’s not the primary color, it’s best used as an accent - trim, striping, text and other small features - rather than as a strong secondary color.  

Every "rule" on here seems to have a lot of exceptions

Tech, TCU set for Thursday night clash in Lubbock - Texas Tech Red Raiders

FB_Helmet_Guy on X: "Patriots 1993 uniforms. They only wore these for just  one year, before tweaking them in 1994. https://t.co/QoIgRAlSwJ" / X

Road sweep has Arizona Wildcats men's basketball—and its fanbase—on the  upswing - Arizona Desert Swarm

• Like 10
  • Applause 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, HOOVER said:

Yeah, my issue with the Texans has a lot to do with the direction they went with their colors. I'm extremely disappointed that they chose to double down on navy blue. I was hoping that they'd take the popularity of their red jersey and helmet and become a primarily red team with navy accents.

Instead the primaries look colorless with a horrible number font and the alternates look even worse.

• Like 7
  • Dislike 1

I know the Old School Purist Consortium will love the uniforms of the Bears, and they are indeed perfectly okay, but they are also overwhelmingly greyed-out navy.

5395 is quite dark, and often reads as black.

So, along with the indentically-navied (that's a new word) Texans wearing large swaths of the darkness, the unis for both teams took on a very black-and-white look.

This is the visual equivalent of plain oatmeal.

spacer.png

• Like 4