College Football - 2024

Rixaroo

4 hours ago, McCall said:

I liked the traditional striping on the sleeves, but those clavicle stripes were completely unnecessary and confusing as to who would think those were a good idea. They didn't have those last season, to the best of my knowledge, but then again, I only saw them at home (I live maybe 2 miles from campus).

The white jerseys did have them last year.  They played K-State to open the season and I remember thinking "what's the point in having sleeve stripes AND chest stripes?"

"The guns have fallen silent.  The stars have aligned.  The great wait is over.  Come see.  It will not be televised."

Hawaii vs Delaware State from last night. I'm used to DSU wearing predominantly red. It looks light powder blue is starting to have a bigger presence in their uniforms.

May be an image of 1 person and playing football

May be an image of 5 people, people playing football and text

• Like 8

Hotter Than July > Thriller

36 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Hawaii vs Delaware State from last night. I'm used to DSU wearing predominantly red. It looks light powder blue is starting to have a bigger presence in their uniforms.

I dig it. With the logo being red dominant, it works on a powder helmet. Don't know the school well or if they have a preferred fan look, but it's easier to stand out emphasizing the powder blue over red.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

I dig it. With the logo being red dominant, it works on a powder helmet. Don't know the school well or if they have a preferred fan look, but it's easier to stand out emphasizing the powder blue over red.

Last night is the first time I've know of them wearing powder blue helmets, or white jerseys with powder blue numbers. For as long as I can recall Delaware State has been a red team with powder blue and white accents.

e3a0bff3-efb9-4892-894c-264afc624f7f-082

Spring_football_.png

• Like 4

Hotter Than July > Thriller

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

Powder blue is definitely what's in right now. See: Ole Miss and Tulane putting more emphasis on it

• Like 2

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

On 8/23/2024 at 3:15 PM, kb105 said:

No orange jerseys but orange pants make a return week 2 vs Samford with the regular home helmet and jersey. Hopefully we play better this time than the last time we played in this combo (2012 Sugar Bowl vs Louisville), and for the matter, better than the last time we played Samford.

Belated response: First of all happy that the Black Jerseys are mothballed. Funny that beforehand it was going to be a "new tradition." Guess one loss can make that tradition erode rather quick! Don't mind that we're mostly sticking with the classics at home, but I do wish that the orange jerseys and the throwbacks weren't mothballed too. Odd that orange jerseys in the college football game were clearly changed due to direction from the athletic department (which has worked closely with EA) only to not be used.  Also, a real shame that Vandy loss spooked Napier from using what I feel is the best away look again (Orange-White-Orange)

KtHjnlJ.png

On 8/26/2024 at 4:36 PM, SavardToColton said:

Belated response: First of all happy that the Black Jerseys are mothballed. Funny that beforehand it was going to be a "new tradition." Guess one loss can make that tradition erode rather quick! Don't mind that we're mostly sticking with the classics at home, but I do wish that the orange jerseys and the throwbacks weren't mothballed too. Odd that orange jerseys in the college football game were clearly changed due to direction from the athletic department (which has worked closely with EA) only to not be used.  Also, a real shame that Vandy loss spooked Napier from using what I feel is the best away look again (Orange-White-Orange)

I agree about OWO but all of our road opponents are either orange or red teams this year so I’m actually ok with the heavy emphasis on blue. Hopefully we see OWO return in subsequent years against primarily blue or black opponents.

• Like 1

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

On 8/23/2024 at 3:01 PM, kb105 said:

Napier really hasn't strayed too far outside of the regular Blue/White at home and White/Blue on the road. When we have with the black uniforms last year and orange pants against Vandy in 2022, we lost both times in embarrassing fashion. Personally, I hated the black uniforms, mostly because regardless of what sport wears them or how good they are, we always lose in black, always. I hate the blue jersey, orange pant combo even more because of 1. the 2012 sugar bowl loss to Louisville and that being the beginning to this whole mess the program is in now and 2. it looks like Illinois/Syracuse. To sum it up, I'm happy with our regular home and road staying the same, week in and week out, with maybe a sprinkling of Spurrier-Throwbacks and an orange over white or white over orange here and there.

I think that the orange/blue/orange combo would be a good once-per season thing. Sort of similar to the orange/blue/blue that has been saved for once-per season (typically against LSU or FSU). I always thought it should be worn more often like it was back in the Spurrier days, but you really can’t go wrong with the classic orange/blue/white home set. I definitely think the orange pants are better with the white jerseys though. I’m a bit bummed there’s a lack of orange options in the uniform choices this season, especially against Kentucky. Florida should always wear orange against UK. Also, who else misses the few seasons we got color vs. color against Georgia? Those games were a treat!

But as a traditionalist myself, I love how Florida has been sticking to the more traditional combos lately under Napier. The Orange/white/blue is perfect for on the road. Yes, I hated the awful all-black and I’m glad they lost that game so it would hopefully never return. But I really started hating all the gimmicky alternate blue and white helmets they wore under Mullen. It just diluted their uniform set. I should also add that I’ve loved Florida’s throwbacks too.

Looking forward to this season’s uniform combos for Florida.

• Like 1

Northwestern Basketball unveiled white "Gothic" uniforms. Makes me wonder if the football team will follow suit, since you know, its OK to have multiple white uniforms 😅

spacer.png

• Like 2

Texas A&M's Kyle Field with some updates for this week's game against Notre Dame. They will have maroon endzones and the state of Texas outline logo at midfield. I have only seen maroon end zones in Kyle Field once before and that is when they did a throwback game against Alabama

• Like 2

On 8/21/2024 at 8:03 AM, MJWalker45 said:

Fresno-Splash1-e1724208669213.jpg

Don't really see the point of these when the Dogs already have a dark navy blue alternate  uniform and when San Diego State is one of your rivals.. 

usa_today_19328914.0.jpg

usa_today_15129893.jpg

And they totally missed on the helmet. They should have used the Bulldog head like they did on the previous black uniforms from the Carr/Adams era. 

7dc4296b6f1edbe1e3d0e9b3c3cd1e05.jpg

hi-res-7822034_crop_north.jpg?1383515442

• Like 6

All-green has been Oregon’s most “traditional” combo since the rebrand in ‘99, so it’s only fitting that they wear it to start this new era in the Big Ten.  More context on this combo here:

• Like 9
  • Love 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, Webfooter said:

Oregon going all green against Idaho with the only change being a yellow facemask.

Man seeing the “O” back on the side of the helmet 😍

not a big fan of the yellow face mask but the “O” is back on the side of the helmet so I def can’t complain.

• Like 10
oregonsig.png

19 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Texas A&M's Kyle Field with some updates for this week's game against Notre Dame. They will have maroon endzones and the state of Texas outline logo at midfield. I have only seen maroon end zones in Kyle Field once before and that is when they did a throwback game against Alabama

• Yawn 1

15 hours ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Gophers wearing their best combo tomorrow versus UNC

457396197_18460150840012567_229174571664

I've never been a huge fan of dark-light-dark colors in uniforms setups, but this'll look good on TV regardless.

• Dislike 1