College Football - 2024

Rixaroo

Just now, See Red said:

They wore it last year against East Carolina.

rawImage.jpg

I forgot how jumbled/mismatched that uniform is/was. Sure, silver helmets, blue jerseys, white pants. Some red here and there. But a navy outlined white element next to a red outlined white element, too. That's a wild uniform.

• Like 8

On 8/8/2024 at 12:59 AM, Green27 said:

The Louisville colors and number really make me think comic books at first glance. I don't think of them as a team with much yellow despite half the logo being yellow...

Personally, I think it’s a bold choice, but maybe not the most traditional.

Sorry in advance if this has been asked before, but is there a reason why more CFB teams don’t wear WAH in an effort to force LSU to wear their purple jerseys similar to the Cowboys?

I was thinking this last night during the USC/LSU game. I know that LSU was the “home” team, but there’s been other cases in the past where LSU wasn’t the designated home team. You’d just think more teams would want to mess with LSU just like how so many NFL teams mess with the Cowboys blue jerseys.

14 minutes ago, kaleb_girod said:

Sorry in advance if this has been asked before, but is there a reason why more CFB teams don’t wear WAH in an effort to force LSU to wear their purple jerseys similar to the Cowboys?

I was thinking this last night during the USC/LSU game. I know that LSU was the “home” team, but there’s been other cases in the past where LSU wasn’t the designated home team. You’d just think more teams would want to mess with LSU just like how so many NFL teams mess with the Cowboys blue jerseys.

Because maybe it's more traditional for them to wear their color jerseys at home.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, kaleb_girod said:

Simply put, LSU doesn't think their purples are cursed, they are just a novelty at this point. So you're not really "messing" with them like teams do with the Cowboys

2 hours ago, BigDmo said:

Simply put, LSU doesn't think their purples are cursed, they are just a novelty at this point. So you're not really "messing" with them like teams do with the Cowboys

I thought that at one point LSU’s purple jerseys were considered bad luck like the Cowboys? The fans didn’t want the team to wear purple for that reason so they pushed to get white jerseys approved at home. Is that not still the case?

14 minutes ago, kaleb_girod said:

I thought that at one point LSU’s purple jerseys were considered bad luck like the Cowboys? The fans didn’t want the team to wear purple for that reason so they pushed to get white jerseys approved at home. Is that not still the case?

I know that LSU has worn purple for home games against non-SEC opponents in recent years.

7 hours ago, kaleb_girod said:

I want to say Spurrier at Florida  he has them wear white at home a few times against LSU when playing a day game to force LSU in purple when it's hot in the sun. 

14 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

I want to say Spurrier at Florida  he has them wear white at home a few times against LSU when playing a day game to force LSU in purple when it's hot in the sun. 

Yeah LSU wore yellow jerseys in Gainesville in 1998 (night game) and purple jerseys in 2000 (day game in The Swamp). LSU didnt play Florida for most of the early 90s. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 9/2/2024 at 3:53 PM, kaleb_girod said:

It was purple pants, not jerseys, that were considered bad luck. They tried those once against Kentucky in 1995 and mothballed them after an embarrassing loss.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

It was purple pants, not jerseys, that were considered bad luck. They tried those once against Kentucky in 1995 and mothballed them after an embarrassing loss.

And as for the visual:

5d139494e156a.image.jpg

(Final score was 24-16. I'd have to review the game film/notes to see what was so embarrassing about that, but either way, them pants ain't been seen since.)

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Arizona wore all-white at home since New Mexico accidentally brought their home jerseys to Tucson instead of their road. Arizona looked really good with the corrected sleeve stripes, but I would've gone with blue pants.

https://twitter.com/ArizonaFBall/status/1830652260264886408

• Like 2

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

29 minutes ago, Kevin W. said:

Arizona wore all-white at home since New Mexico accidentally brought their home jerseys to Tucson instead of their road. Arizona looked really good with the corrected sleeve stripes, but I would've gone with blue pants.

https://twitter.com/ArizonaFBall/status/1830652260264886408

Apparently New Mexico's white jerseys were not ready...announcers said a lot of last-minute number changes caused the delay of all white sets (the Lobos have more than one white set I think). So without white jerseys, they had to bring the red. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 hours ago, WBeltz said:

So will every helmet have a different decal on the side color wise? Or are they going to be relatively close?

They Did something similar for this years spring game, only they also did Knightro and their Citronaut logo and script. According to Uni Watch, two of the designs from the spring game were chosen for this game and will be both used.

UCF-Pediatric-Helmets.jpg

• Like 2

This is an odd one for the Ducks because their uniform “script” before the season had a completely different combo than this one (including the black diamondplate jerseys). They switched the fan color for this game from black to green a couple of weeks ago, so the uni combo for this game may have been switched at the same time. It’s not a bad combo at all, but certainly a surprise (at least to me). A few more tidbits here:

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Why has Oregon suddenly shifted to such a conservative look?

• Like 1

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)