2024 NFL Season Through Super Bowl LIX

7 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I haven't seen any, but I can't imagine a team is going to show anything either in the kick or the return.

5 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

Saw it the xfl and liked it. Better than getting rid of the kick entirely 

I personally didn't like when the Alliance got rid of kickoffs.

Again, any rule changes that help with player safety here and there at this point is a plus for me.

• Like 1

LOL at Hassan Reddick requesting a trade from the Jets... right after being traded there after requesting a trade from the Eagles.

Why on earth would the Jets not have discussed his contract situation with him first?  And vice versa?  They were allowed to do so since his camp was allowed to find trade partners. 

There's some hinting in the media that the Eagles locker room fell apart and lead to the collapse, and Reddick may have done something or said something or somehow influenced that.  It was well known that he wanted a huge contract extension only one year after signing with the team, and then forced the trade.  I just don't get why he'd go to a team that had no intention of giving him the new deal.

Or maybe the Jets knew it was a huge risk, and that's why they only gave up 2026 picks.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 hours ago, Brass said:

And per NFL guidelines, it'll probably be a two-game suspension.

1.  It's the Browns.  They'll probably reward him with a large guaranteed contract.  The only org more morally corrupt is the Chiefs.

2.  There's scumbags in the comments blaming the woman, saying that it's her fault for not getting everyone out of the house when she knew he was starting to act up.   Unbelievable.  

3 hours ago, Dynasty said:

A reminder that professional athletes aren't always your heroes, if ever.

If you're a woman, getting into a relationship with a professional athlete is about the riskiest thing you could ever possibly do.  You could end up with an incredibly wealthy great guy that loves you and is a great family man, or you could end up with... that guy.  So many of them are absolute pieces of trash that would be in prison if they couldn't run fast, and even the ones with good images have had histories that were swept under the rug (Gold Club anyone?). That certainly can't be applied to every pro athlete, but I'd wager that the scale is tilted towards the scumbag side of things.

• Eyeroll 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Man, the Vikings can't catch a break, can they?

(Well actually, they do—just too many of the wrong kind...)

• LOL 2
  • Huh? 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 hours ago, heavybass said:

The Vikings are just :censored:ed in general, you either see them win the Super Bowl or go .500 and even then the odds are getting rich on gambling.

In what universe?

• LOL 2

It's where I sit.

Is Acrisure the worst stadium name in the league? I can't think of any positive connotation of "acri-"; I only think of acrid and an Ensure nutritional drink.

3 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Daniel Jones should be run out of East Rutherford. Two horrible throws that got picked vs the Texans.. and they kept him over Saquan lmao

Not only did they choo choo choose him, but they did it in such an un-cap-friendly way.  It's been shown time and time again that you can lock up franchise players on smart contracts that don't kill your team, and they basically killed their team for an average at best guy.  What the hell did they think they saw that nobody else in the universe saw?

They can cut him after this year and "only" take a $22M cap hit, and they almost certainly will.  So he will have made $88M in 2 years, still (I think) have $10M coming his way, and doesn't have to do anything for the rest of his life.  If I'm him, I'm retiring the split second I'm released.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

Not only did they choo choo choose him, but they did it in such an un-cap-friendly way.  It's been shown time and time again that you can lock up franchise players on smart contracts that don't kill your team, and they basically killed their team for an average at best guy.  What the hell did they think they saw that nobody else in the universe saw?

They can cut him after this year and "only" take a $22M cap hit, and they almost certainly will.  So he will have made $88M in 2 years, still (I think) have $10M coming his way, and doesn't have to do anything for the rest of his life.  If I'm him, I'm retiring the split second I'm released.

Daboll's on the hot seat and Daniel Jones is going to make that seat hotter. His butt will be as dark as the Texans new dark midnight blue color (seeing them in action they look black for real)

8 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Daniel Jones should be run out of East Rutherford. Two horrible throws that got picked vs the Texans.. and they kept him over Saquan lmao

So what exactly did David Gettleman see in him to think he was the heir apparent to Eli Manning?

10 hours ago, GDAWG said:

So what exactly did David Gettleman see in him to think he was the heir apparent to Eli Manning?

It's not just talent evaluation, but also cap mismanagement.  That's why some teams are simply "dummy teams".  It's fair to say that both New York teams qualify as "dummy teams".

Dummy Teams can turn it around with better front offices, but often it starts at the very top, which doesn't change over much.