Ravens in all black

DGivens87

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oliver "I'm a Total Flake Job" Stone tried to get the NFL to license his Any Given Sunday, but the NFL refused after reading the script. So the uniforms in that movie look totally ridiculous and un-professional.

In a case of art imitating life, now the NFL is mimicking his cheesy movie! Seriously, the all-black look is terrible, especially with no pants stripes. Too many NFL teams are going to black, and it's not good for team identity.

On a side note, many people on this board thought the Ravens initial unis were an eyesore...and now I'm hearing people want to bring them back!! If I had my way, the Ravens would make their helmet purple, keep the purple jerseys, and have gold pants.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

In a case of art imitating life, now the NFL is mimicking his cheesy movie! Seriously, the all-black look is terrible, especially with no pants stripes. Too many NFL teams are going to black, and it's not good for team identity.

On a side note, many people on this board thought the Ravens initial unis were an eyesore...and now I'm hearing people want to bring them back!! If I had my way, the Ravens would make their helmet purple, keep the purple jerseys, and have gold pants.

To be fair the Ray Lewis designed these uniforms. I liked them. I dont get why everyone says that the Ravens can't pull it off. I would think that Black would be more associated with Ravens than purple. Maybe all black looks bad but thats what they were trying to do.

Perhaps the stupidest thing about this uniform combination was the PA system playing the theme to this movie around the beginning of the contest.

meninblack_poster.jpg

I didn't pay attention to the entire game, but perhaps the next time Baltimore decides to do this ... they can break out these guys...

AC%20DC%20back%20in%20black%20front.jpg

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

I've gotta disagree with the majority here. These look very nice. I wasn't a fan when they unvieled them, but that has all changed now.

I agree.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

BTW, what's all this "Ray Lewis designed these" talk? They're friggin' black jerseys with black pants. No trim. Same logos they always use.

"Designed," indeed.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

BTW, what's all this "Ray Lewis designed these" talk?

Looks like he is using that degree in business administration he earned from "The U"... I mean the University of Maryland.

:rolleyes:

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Maybe they are paying too much for the Lewis boys to be able to afford striping anywhere on the uni.

No Harry. Just High School.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

i'm a ravens fan and i hate every part of their uniform. and the all black look is the worst - looks like they're wearing tights. Their all white road unis are blah - i'm not a fan of the dark helmet/all white look by any team.

Their overall look is cartoony - from the bird head on the helmet to their number font and secondary "B" logo. The secondary logo crest on their sleeves makes them look like cops. I think they should revamp the raven head to be less cartoony...use the 2 tapered helmet stripes throughout the uniform to unify the whole look. Use the same stripe on the pants and make shoulder stripes like the colts unis - except make them taper to a point like the helmet stripe. Make the combo white jersey/black pants and black jersey/(gasp!) purple pants.

this is what the ravens need to do:

helmets

same helmet as now, but get rid of the stupid cat-bird. use this bad boy as the helmet logo:

balrav2.gif

jerseys

keep the jerseys the way they are. just trash the shiled logo on the sleaves and use this:

balrav.gif

keep the wordmark under the collar the same as it is now. at home wear purple, on the road wear white, and for one home game a year, black.

pants

only one pair of pants. black with a white stripe outlined in purple. trash the "B" logo at the hip.

socks

solid purple.

Archived