2004 NFL Thanksgiving Throwbacks

TBGKon

i was hoping for the 1920s jerseys, but i'll take the jerseys worn during the greatest blowout in NFL history...the unforgettable day they thrilled the nation...with their T-formation :hockeysmiley:

Do you think if that endzone catch had been made, the score woulda been different?
Yeah...it woulda been 73-7

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

David Haugh of the Chicago Sun-Times reported on WSCR 670 AM the Bears' throwback uniforms. Based on his description, we may all be upchucking Thanksgiving Dinner in reaction. He spoke in shock of the fluorescence of the orange, yes, ORANGE jerseys. One other detail divuldged was that the helmets will sport a white wishbone "C" as opposed to the standard orange. If any photos emerge, I'll be sure to add to the post.

I just got back from Ford Field a little bit ago, and they changed the logo at the 50 yard line to this old beauty, most likely just for this week. (link is to CC's lions page)

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?l_id=7&t_id=170&logo=472

I didn't get pics, but the thanksgiving classics logos were at each 30 yard line, placed almost near the hashmarks. It would have looked perfect if the thanksgiving logos were on the kickoff spots, but it really looked good anyway.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

David Haugh of the Chicago Sun-Times reported on WSCR 670 AM the Bears' throwback uniforms. Based on his description, we may all be upchucking Thanksgiving Dinner in reaction. He spoke in shock of the fluorescence of the orange, yes, ORANGE jerseys.

Not that I'm some Bears historian, but the only throwback Bears jersey I can recall offhand with alot of orange in it were 1920s/30s striped throwbacks, a la the 94 Bears throwbacks. I hope they are, or at least some variation of them. We shall see...

David Haugh of the Chicago Sun-Times reported on WSCR 670 AM the Bears' throwback uniforms. Based on his description, we may all be upchucking Thanksgiving Dinner in reaction. He spoke in shock of the fluorescence of the orange, yes, ORANGE jerseys. One other detail divuldged was that the helmets will sport a white wishbone "C" as opposed to the standard orange. If any photos emerge, I'll be sure to add to the post.

ya mean THESE?

orange bears

also a question, the giants wouldnt be wearing red this weekend would they? i heard they were and im hoping its absolutely false.

qvAvG.jpg

i like...saw em on Channel 7 here, and i like. a little inaccurate (mixing the 60s helmet with a pre-60s jersey) but i'll give it a pass cus i like it.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

ya mean THESE?

orange bears

also a question, the giants wouldnt be wearing red this weekend would they? i heard they were and im hoping its absolutely false.

those red giants jerseys are horrible looking, they are freakin QB practice jerseys... what are they hoping when Eli weards the red that the opponents wont tackle him? pffft.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

ya mean THESE?

orange bears

I got a kick out of the article.

LAKE FOREST, Ill. - The Bears will wear orange jerseys with navy block numbers and a helmet with a plain white "C" Thursday when they visit the Dallas Cowboys on Thanksgiving Day at Texas Stadium.

The classic uniforms, which were worn by the Bears during the 1946 season, were unveiled Tuesday during a press conference at Halas Hall with cornerback R.W. McQuarters and long-snapper Patrick Mannelly modeling the new threads.

"The orange is sweet," said McQuarters, who wore the color at Washington High School in Tulsa, Okla., and again at Oklahoma State University. "When you see it, it's like, 'Whoa.' The look is tight."

The NFL chose the 1946 uniform, which features narrow navy stripes on the sleeves, no numbers on the shoulders and a slightly wider stripe down the pant leg.

Most players found the orange uniforms amusing. One said the team resembled Illinois Department of Transportation workers. Another joked that they looked like prisoners in a work release program.

"I've never worn orange," said punter Brad Maynard. "One of my rival high schools was orange and I hated orange. I like orange now. It's my favorite color now."

Defensive end Adewale Ogunleye wore an orange jersey twice when he was with the Miami Dolphins.

"It's bright," Ogunleye said. "We had two big defensive tackles and they just looked like big pumpkins, so it was funny."

I saw, I came, I left.

On the NFL.com site with the throwback logo menu, any idea why the orange Bucs logo isn't on there? You'd think they could've thrown the Tennessee Oilers derrick up there too, as awkward as it was.

Because the Bucs organization probably told the NFL not use Bucco Bruce. That logo and color scheme is hated by Bucs management because it represents all the losing years of the Bucs. Bucco Bruce was thrown out years ago and as long as this ownership is in place you probably won't see it again unless your watching old NFL Films highlights.

I think that's stupid that the Bucs won't even allow the NFL to use it as the header of their website for one week.

And in reference to the Bears jerseys, I thought there was some sort of rule that required shoulder numbers. Maybe I was wrong.

IUe6Hvh.png

The Bears unis are totally CRAPTASTIC! BTW, Discrim is right because in 1946, Da Bears didn't have that wishbone "C" on the helmets. They didn't introduce them until 1962. Here's the proof, compliments of Football Helmets To Infinity (and beyond!)

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

as long as they don't add a orange alt, I like these throwbacks. I'm glad they aren't the same basic thing, its nice to see something that will be noticably different than current uniforms, something that would have been difficult to avoid.

As long as this is a throwback only, and only occurs at most once a year, go bears!

PS, thanksgiving I get my authentic bears jersey! My first authentic jersey of any kind! The only reason was because I got an awesome deal on it (my friend works for reebok)

So, pcgd, can you give us the hook-up for some more Authentics for other members of this board, hmmmmmmmmmmmm?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Names on the backs of jerseys provide information to fans. Now, what's wrong with providing the fans information? I realize it's almost a tradition with some baseball teams to not have names on the backs of their jerseys, but none of the old NFL teams had names on the backs of their jerseys before the NFL-AFL merger (the new NFL followed the AFL's use of having names), and their traditions didn't suffer because of it. If the Green Bay Packers or Chicago Bears were able to handle it, then it New York Yankees could, too.

Archived