Ron Artest Suspended for Season!

jcjr81

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

suspending him for the season is taking it too far, it was the fan after all that go involved. i believe it was John Saunders that said "If you are walking down the street in Times Square, and someone throws a beer on you, it's assualt and you have the right to defend yourself." Also there was no noticible security trying to break it up. It is a ridiculous suspension in terms of length. I'm sorry but those fans deserved what they got. It still shouldn't of happened though, you just can't make Artest carry all of the blame.

This is total bull :censored:! Artest had every right to go after those idiot fans and I'm glad to see some of those fat asses get their faces knocked to the floor!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

This is total bull :censored:! Artest had every right to go after those idiot fans and I'm glad to see some of those fat asses get their faces knocked to the floor!

Wow, I'm agreeing with BS. (pun unintentional)

Somebody hits you with a full plastic bottle when you're defenseless, what are you going to do?

Come onto the court, and you're open season to get decked. It happened during the Super Bowl last year and nobody complained there.

What if those fans were planning on walking up to Rick Carlisle and leveling him? We'd have a Tom Gamboa situation, and the very same people that are complaining about the players getting a slap on the wrist (lifetime ban?!? that's ludicrous) would be b*tching about nobody doing anything to the fans that walked on the court.

Vive Le Artest...e!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

"Why do you think he should get a lifetime ban from the NBA?"

Simple. If the Oakland County DA's office files charges against Artest, J. O'Neal and S. Jackson, then there is no other choice than to toss them out of the league because there are serious charges they would face: Assult and battery, disorderly conduct. The NBA should have ZERO TOLLERANCE for such shenanigans.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

What kind of society is teaching the best retaliation to getting liquid thrown at you is to beat the living snot of the other person?

Sad guys, very sad.

If I'm at work in the stands, and a fan throws pop at me, am I going to run after him and punch him? Hell no, I'm not an idiot. I'll probably yell at the fan for sure, and go get security to throw his ass out of the stadium, possibly even getting a fine from an officer.

Is this another example of the majority lacking common sense?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

"Why do you think he should get a lifetime ban from the NBA?"

Simple. If the Oakland County DA's office files charges against Artest, J. O'Neal and S. Jackson, then there is no other choice than to toss them out of the league because there are serious charges they would face: Assult and battery, disorderly conduct. The NBA should have ZERO TOLLERANCE for such shenanigans.

Maybe they should have zero t-o-l-e-r-a-n-c-e too.

Glass houses...

I cheered when FOX broke into the Giants game with this news. My family thought i had an stroke.

I was hoping for lifetime, but season will do well enough. Anyone figure out how much money he's gonna lose?

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Well he got his wish of wanting some time off for his album!

That's what I thought at first when I heard that he was suspended for the rest of the season

Let's see here,

Ron Artest- 72 games - including and playoff games

Stephen Jackson- 30 games

Jermaine O'Neal- 25 games

Anthony Johnson- 5 games

Reggie Miller - 1 game

Ben Wallace- 6 games

Chauncey Billups, Elden Campbell and Derrick Coleman - 1 game

perhaps some I may have missed

All of the suspensions are without pay.

I saw, I came, I left.

In my opinion, i think that Artest's background had something to do with the entire season suspension. If Michael Jordan or Larry Bird did what Artest did, they definately would not have got as severe punishment as Artest. Secondly, In my opinion i believe it was wrong for Artest to charge the stands. It was only one time that the beer came flying at him, and if he didn't charge the stands, the was enough security to remove the ONE FAN at the time to throw something. But by charging the stands, that allowed all chaos to happen, thus prompting the huge suspension. Bottom line, bravo NBA!

nygiantsSig.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

ARE THEY OUT OF THEIR FREAKING MINDS?!? Ron Artest had every right given to man to defend himself in that brawl. I cannot see how he is being punished for some lame-brained idiot throwing a cup on him and then being attacked by an angry mob. He had every right to defend himself, especially since all the fans were throwing beer, cokes, popcorn, and what else at him and the rest of the team. I'm sorry, but the NBA is very wrong to give this harsh of a penalty on this one. I hope he appeals this suspension, because he should.

Archived