Best College Football Fight Song

Brass

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My avitar and name gives my bias away. ON WISCONSIN.

The three most used fight songs by high schools are (in what order, I am unsure):

Notre Dame

Michigan

Wisconsin

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

"For Boston", awesomely performed by the Dropkick Murphys

For Boston, for Boston,

We sing our proud refrain!

For Boston, for Boston,

'Tis Wisdom's earthly fane.

For here all are one

And their hearts are true,

And the towers on the Heights

Reach to Heav'ns own blue.

For Boston, for Boston,

Till the echoes ring again!

For Boston, for Boston,

Thy glory is our own!

For Boston, for Boston,

'Tis here that Truth is known.

And ever with the Right

Shall thy heirs be found,

Till time shall be no more

And thy work is crown'd.

For Boston, for Boston,

For Thee and Thine alone

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

"War Eagle" for Auburn University.

Beats all the SEC fight songs hands down. Of the memorable SEC fight songs:

1) Rocky Top stinks because it isn't even a fight song. It's a bluegrass song that was adopted by the band. That was like if "We Will Rock You" became your fight song because your band played it too many times.

2) Hail Dear Old State is annoying because its the same words over and over and over again....more like a chant than a fight song

3) Yeah Alabama is outdated. It talks about sending the Yellow Jackets to a watery grave and Alabama hasn't played Georgia Tech in years.

"War Eagle" is a true fight song....a band can play it and the players can easily sing it after games and it really gets your pumped.

War Eagle! Fly down the Field

Ever to Conquer. Never to Yield

War Eagle! Fearless and True

Fight on you Orange and Blue

GO! GO! GO!

On to vic'try strike up the band

Give em hell Give em hell

Stand up and yell

HEY!

War Eagle win for Auburn

Power of Dixie Land!

The Georgia Tech fight song was created for Georgia Tech, by Georgia Tech, and was extremely popular in its day.

It remained popular... In an attempt to break the Cold War ice, Nixon and Soviet premiere Nikita Krushchev sang the only song that the two leaders both knew: "The Ramblin Reck from Georgia Tech." The two men sang the song for a group made up largely of high level advisors and security personnel; but, thankfully, a secret service agent captured the historical event on film.

And any fight song that talks about drinking, and says to Hell With Georgia in it, is awesome.

I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a hell of an engineer,

A helluva, helluva, helluva, hell of an engineer,

Like all the jolly good fellows, I drink my whiskey clear,

I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a hell of an engineer.

Oh, if I had a daughter, sir, I'd dress her in White and Gold,

And put her on the campus, to cheer the brave and bold.

But if I had a son, sir, I'll tell you what he'd do.

He would yell, "To Hell with Georgia," like his daddy used to do.

Oh, I wish I had a barrel of rum and sugar three thousand pounds,

A college bell to put it in and a clapper to stir it around.

I'd drink to all good fellows who come from far and near.

I'm a ramblin', gamblin', hell of an engineer.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

My avitar and name gives my bias away.  ON WISCONSIN.

The three most used fight songs by high schools are (in what order, I am unsure):

Notre Dame

Michigan

Wisconsin

Quite a few high schools around here use Minnesota's too, Minnesota Rouser. I really like that one too.

Notre Dame

Minnesota

Michigan

they're all good

I'm also partial to U of North Dakota's Fight On Sioux. I'm a homer. I even have it as a ringtone.

and yes Joel, Rocky Top. That sounds so cool as a fight song.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Ok.. a funny one..

The U of Washington does not have one... but can I vote in the most common song played at football games? It is apporiate for college...

T E Q U I L L A !

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

Ok number one- "Rocky Top" is the most nauseating song in the history of mankind :evil: ....

Even though I am a huge Bama fan, the Auburn fight song is very catchy....I am partial to "Yea Alabama", but we all have our own school's fight song close to our hearts.

It is hard to argue with Notre Dame and Michigan....I have always liked Florida's fight song too.

And any fight song that talks about drinking, and says to Hell With Georgia in it, is awesome.

I was actually going to post the same exact thing. I would usually accuse you of being a homer ( :P ) but you're right on this point, the "Ramblin Reck" song is one of the most original fight songs out there.

As long as we're on the subject of drinking and college fight songs, honorable mention has to go to New Mexico State's fight song...

"And when we win this football game, we'll buy a keg of booze,

And drink to the Aggies 'till we wobble in our shoes!"

QPR%20Sig.png

Since I'm from West Lafayette, Indiana, I'm real partial to "Old Purdue", and since I went to North Texas, I'm also partial to their's as well.

Here's a goofy Flash-version of UNTs:

Green and White

However...I have to admit...even though they're Purdue's biggest rival, I DO like Indiana U.'s...

Archived