Detroit Lions to Unveil Black Alts

TruColor

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blue numbers? Good deal. A couple of Lions alt concepts were posted on here a while back, and the ones with blue numbers looked so much better (and more Lions-ish) than ones with white numbers. On the ones with white numbers, blue was barely visible anywhere on the jersey.

Here was my idea, though I imagine it's safe to disregard the blue pants and grey socks as a personal pipe dream of mine.

lionsalternate.gif

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Sodboy,

That's a very nice concept - I like the black alt. with the blue #s-the white trim make it stand out very nicely. How about a version with silver pants??

Wanna take a crack at it Sodboy?

Nice job!!! :notworthy:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I thought the black monster was dead.

I knew this was coming (someone mentioned it at the same time of the new card's logo) but I'm still not happy about it. Until the Lions added black, the NFC north arguably has a whole had the best looking traditional uniforms. No major changes for decades. (vikings dropped the Northwestern striping, a couple of minor changes for the pack, nothing for the bears, nothing for the lions until...black)

Next I predict unfortunatly, a Orange Bears alt.

I thought the black monster was dead.

I knew this was coming (someone mentioned it at the same time of the new card's logo) but I'm still not happy about it. Until the Lions added black, the NFC north arguably has a whole had the best looking traditional uniforms. No major changes for decades. (vikings dropped the Northwestern striping, a couple of minor changes for the pack, nothing for the bears, nothing for the lions until...black)

The throwbacks they wore this year wear similiar to the orange alt.

I would think the #s would be white on the Lions alt.

The Bears have an orange alternate on Madden 2005. Guess they decided to keep em locked away for another year.

Its not actually part of their uniform. Everyteam had a third jersey on ESPN 2k5 (ex: Vikings and Packers Gold...yeesh!)

The orange throwback was actually worn. It was a hybrid of a couple year's uniforms from the 40's basterized by the wrong font. Didn't look bad but the blue on white looks just too damn good to throw away by wearing an orange alt or throwback more than once a year.

The Bears have an orange alternate on Madden 2005. Guess they decided to keep em locked away for another year.

Its not actually part of their uniform. Everyteam had a third jersey on ESPN 2k5 (ex: Vikings and Packers Gold...yeesh!)

The orange throwback was actually worn. It was a hybrid of a couple year's uniforms from the 40's basterized by the wrong font. Didn't look bad but the blue on white looks just too damn good to throw away by wearing an orange alt or throwback more than once a year.

That's ESPN 2K5, and that game is weak. If you've ever played Madden, you'll know that they don't put jerseys on their games unless they're currently used or throwbacks. That is why I was under the impression the Bears would bust out with orange jerseys during the 2004 season.

6uXNWAo.png

That's ESPN 2K5, and that game is weak. If you've ever played Madden, you'll know that they don't put jerseys on their games unless they're currently used or throwbacks. That is why I was under the impression the Bears would bust out with orange jerseys during the 2004 season.

Must have been a throwback on there then, cause it was not part of their uniform package last year as an alternate. I trust PANTONE over Madden.

That orange alt. in Madden '05 was prolly supposed to be the throwback they wore on Thanksgiving, I guarantee in this year's game it will be corrected with the solid navy block numbers. Let us pray the Bears never take the field in anything but navy or white....

This is exactly how the Bears orange jersey looks on Madden 05:

p591693reg.jpg

I don't think these are throwbacks.

6uXNWAo.png

not true...

the madden buccs have a black alternate, and i believe the cards have a blue jersey (may be wrong on that one)...

but i know for a fact that the buccs have a black alternate in the game, and they've never worn a black jersey in a game.

Archived