Best NBA alternate logo

winghaz

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woah never noticed the bird in the PHX logo before. Definately cool, unfortunately it says PHX.

I love the Toronto paw print logo. The Grizz have a nice one as well. Can;t forget NYC, or Boston either.

But man that Warrior guy is ugly! WOW!

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Woah never noticed the bird in the PHX logo before. Definately cool, unfortunately it says PHX.

I never noticed the bird in the Suns' logo either.

I've always been a fan of the Celtics logo, but then again I've always been a fan of the Celtics, so that might have something to do with it.

It never occured to me that the PHX logo was a firebird. Now that I look at it I see it and recognize how clever and well done it was.

:notworthy:

Same here. That's clever.

I'd have to say my favorite is the Memphis one posted earlier.

They should take the alt logo tweak it and make this the primary (got rid of silver and changed PHX to suns) I would still use phx as a primary logo. This is different than lilgs, because i think its stupid that they use that font at all when its not on any of the jerseys. sry i only have paint

sunslogo.jpg

It never occured to me that the PHX logo was a firebird. Now that I look at it I see it and recognize how clever and well done it was.

:notworthy:

Wow, that makes two logos that I found the true purpose of. First the Nordiques, now the PHX. All this time I thought it was a ball with flames coming out of it. [nbc]The More You Learn[/nbc]

Since I'm the one who started this anyway, I might as well say I like the Suns firebird logo.

Except for two very important things, to me at least.

1. The name is Suns, not Firebirds or anything like that. Granted, we do see flames here, but the Phoenix is a bird that arose from flames, so that's no surprise. So I have problems with a logo that doesn't really say about the team -- the same way (even though it's well-designed) I don't like the New York Rangers' Statue of Liberty alternate logo.

2. I don't like the PHX either. I didn't like MPLS. on the old Minneapolis Lakers jerseys, for that matter.

That Portland one is awful, by the way. Looks like a crappy knockoff of the Suns alternate, the same way their primary is a knockoff of the Suns primary now.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived