NBA Finals Set

Waffles

Should be a fundamentally-sound, defensive-minded series.

Toss in two teams not from either coast, and the NBA must be positively juiced about the kind of ratings they'll pull for this one.

I'm happy the Pistons made it (well, seeing I'm a Pistons fan :lol: )...

DWade and Shaq played hard tonight, but I think some of their teammates (most noteably Eddie Jones) forgot there was a Game 7.

So it's the last 2 NBA champs facing off...should be a good series if you defensive oriented blue collar style basketball...

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

I'm going to say this now because I have every right to as a Pistons fanatic. Congratulations to the 2005 NBA EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS YOUR DEFENDING WORLD CHAMPIONS DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETROIT PIIIISTONS

:woot: :woot: :woot:

I think the Heat would have been in the finals had Alonzo Mourning not been there. He's a curse to Heat I tell ya. How many times has it been now for him in the conference finals? :D

I saw, I came, I left.

I think the Heat would have been in the finals had Alonzo Mourning not been there. He's a curse to Heat I tell ya. How many times has it been now for him in the conference finals? :D

Wow, I've never thought about that until now. He may really be a curse. :P

DWade and Shaq played hard tonight, but I think some of their teammates (most noteably Eddie Jones) forgot there was a Game 7.

Damon Jones and Keyon Dooling had FAR worse games than Eddie Jones. By no means am I saying E Jones had a great game, or even a good game, but he did have a number of good hustle plays.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

deja vu? Pistons in 5. yep.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

For the first time in years I tried to watch an NBA game last night, as I half-heartedly actually had a rooting interest (for Detroit, but moreso against Shaquille O'Neal, who I think is grossly overrated).

I fell asleep early in the 3rd quarter. I was literally bored to sleep.

I just don't understand how people enjoy so-called 'defensive' basketball. Give me a 138-124 shootout over what I saw last night anytime.

nav-logo.png

I think of it this way, the Pistons repeated as Champs 2 years in a row the last time they won before last year, and they're gonna do it again....Pistons in 6......Let's go Motor City, bring it home again.

Does this mean the Bobcats aren't in it anymore?

I really feel like all four of the teams in the conference finals would have been deserving champs. Detroit and San Antonio are both great squads but I'll be rooting for Big Ben and the Pistons to repeat.

You know who I'm rooting for!

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

I think the Spurs will win for two reasons: One, Tim Duncan is far more effective at scoring when he shoots more than three feet away from the basket, he's better at free throws so it'll be hard to foul him late in the game, and he rarely turns the ball over...

And Two, never bet against a team with Robert Horry. Seriously, he's going for what, his 131st championship?? :)

I think the Spurs will win for two reasons: One, Tim Duncan is far more effective at scoring when he shoots more than three feet away from the basket, he's better at free throws so it'll be hard to foul him late in the game, and he rarely turns the ball over...

And Two, never bet against a team with Robert Horry. Seriously, he's going for what, his 131st championship?? :)

Duncan shot 67% during the season and is shooting FT's at a 74 clip during the postseason. He's a career 69% shooter.

I consider that below average and not very good especially for a superstar.

Don't get me wrong, I like Duncan as a player and a person. But your comment about him being better at FT's is absurd (IMO).

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

My preseason predicitions hold true.

Spurs over Pistons in 6.

I for one am looking forward to this series. As a Knicks fan, I'm of course high on hard nosed basketball and intense defense - both styles of play executed to perfection by San Antonio and Detroit.

And the best part about it... the Miami Heat go home... on their home court... in Game 7... after being the favorites to win the East.... AGAIN. Nothing brings a smile to my face quite like watching the Heat suffer and Zo cry. Womp womp womp.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

I think the Spurs will win for two reasons:  One, Tim Duncan is far more effective at scoring when he shoots more than three feet away from the basket, he's better at free throws so it'll be hard to foul him late in the game, and he rarely turns the ball over...

And Two, never bet against a team with Robert Horry.  Seriously, he's going for what, his 131st championship?? :)

Duncan shot 67% during the season and is shooting FT's at a 74 clip during the postseason. He's a career 69% shooter.

I consider that below average and not very good especially for a superstar.

Don't get me wrong, I like Duncan as a player and a person. But your comment about him being better at FT's is absurd (IMO).

He's better than Shaq, is he not? Didn't Duncan go 10-for-11 at the line in game 2, then go 15-for-15 at the line against the Suns in game 3?? In the Spurs' 4 wins over Phoenix, Duncan shot 90% at the line (36-for-40). I really don't know what's absurd...perhaps your argument is, but that's just my opinion.

Archived