Spurs Court

HappyBrownie13

I was watching NBATV as they preview the Finals, and the Spurs have put a HUGE sideline-to-sideline NBA Championship Trophy at midcourt, dropping behind the tip circle and the Spurs logo. It's pretty bold looking and unavoidable. Wonder if the Pistons are doing the same thing...

Cant find any pics...but you'll definitely see it if you watch Game 1 tomorrow night!

oubrutus.jpg

2qi7psy.gif

when you're replacing an old Carr, you need more than Les Miles

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SAA103060816_lower.jpg

SA101060816_lower.jpg

Wha? :blink:

So instead of putting a little emblem near the paint or along the sidelines, they put it right in the middle. I'm suprised that they didn't do this in the 90s when putting everything as big as humanly possible was IN.

Nevertheless, I like it.

Imagine if they did this in the NHL with the same scale.....that Cup would be HUUUUGE!!! :blink:

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

I like how it's sort of the same colour as the hardwood floor ... if it were a giant gold trophy, it would just look gaudy, but this is a little more subtle and looks alright.

Man the NBA has changed SO much since the Jazz last made the NBA Finals. Back in '98 the Western and Eastern Conference Champions did NOT get a trophy, now they do. Back in the '98 Finals there was a small little logo that read 1998 NBA FINALS...and now the entire center court is of the NBA Championship trophy!

I'm jealous.

smallchampccs.jpg

comavatar.gif

This is pretty cool, but the trophy should extend inside the jump circle so that the ball doesn't look so far shifted to the left of the base.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived