Mascot Hall of Fame

Gary

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah! Mr Met, Mr Met, Mr Met!!! We are rootin' 4 u, Mr Met!

t1_mascot.jpg

Ra, ra, rahhh!!!

too bad he is a ripoff of mr red.

Dear sir:

I never heard about Mr Red.

Sincerely yours,

Da Swiss

Have you ever followed baseball? This is Mr Red- mrred.jpg

Mr. Met cannot be older than 1962 (The year the Mets expanded into existence), while Mr. Red dates back to the 40's. Obviously...Mr Met was directly influenced by Mr Red

At least mr met has eyes

so does Mr Red. Take a close look at his eyes.

Hey, I follow baseball... but as you already noticed, ESPN and FoxSports rarely show mascots in the games.

The Reds aren't the prime team to broadcast for international cable TV. I'm not living in the States so I watched all baseball ESPN and Fox Sports can give (NY teams, Boston, Atlanta, SF/LA, Cards and Chicago and the playoffs).

Of course I know Reds baseball (lore, history, Rose, Crosley Field, etc) but never hearded about Mr Red. I have "The Cincinnati Reds" of Chadwick and Spindel, a book that has alots of beautiful images but didn't say any stuff about Mr Red.

1558595147.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Hey, I follow baseball... but as you already noticed, ESPN and FoxSports rarely show mascots in the games.

The Reds aren't the prime team to broadcast for international cable TV. I'm not living in the States so I watched all baseball ESPN and Fox Sports can give (NY teams, Boston, Atlanta, SF/LA, Cards and Chicago and the playoffs).

Of course I know Reds baseball (lore, history, Rose, Crosley Field, etc) but never hearded about Mr Red. I have "The Cincinnati Reds" of Chadwick and Spindel, a book that has alots of beautiful images but didn't say any stuff about Mr Red.

1558595147.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

oh..well...damn theres goes my arguement ^_^

Rocky of the Denver Nuggets. He's the NBA's best mascot, in my opinion.

How many other mascots have challenged Barkley to a boxing match or elbow dropped Ron Artest?

he would have to be my favorite basketball mascot under the Gorilla, the things that Barkley would do to him were the most hilarious thing i've seen in basketball. But he'll never hold a candle to the Gorilla

I'll go Vintage.

Slapshot, the New Jersey Devil's Puck mascot from around 1992.

Not only did he show team pride and great optimisim....

...he also loved to grab handfuls of womens asses. And was thusly fired and replaced with the current Devils mascot.

Good times... gooooood times.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I've told whomever would listen that the current NJ Devils' mascot looks like Gary Dell'Abate from Howard Stern's radio/TV programs.

I met Chief Noc-a-homa (real name Levi Walker) many years ago in Atlanta; he was not at the stadium or appearing in his role as the Chief. Genuinely nice man; I wonder what he thinks of the mascot furor these days.

My favorite all-time mascot was the 1980's SF Giants' Crazy Crab. A mascot specifically designed to draw fan ire during a time when the Giants were truly wretched. (I have a Wilson '84 Giants road jersey made up with Duane Kuiper's name and number and the All-Star Game sleeve patch around here somewhere.)

tzch6.jpg

If there were a college mascot HOF, I'd induct Sparty, the Nittany Lion, and Bucky as the first three.

I believe you left out Ralphie, Bevo, and Sebastian the Ibis.

Don't forget the ever loveable Brutus

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

If there were a college mascot HOF, I'd induct Sparty, the Nittany Lion, and Bucky as the first three.

How about Smokey, Uga and Mike?

Good call on the three SEC live mascots. As an UGa alum for me Uga is in a class by himself (selves). The tomb of the Ugas in Sanford Stadium is touching. Even people who hate Georgia sports teams love the Uga, and I can't count how many pics I've had sent to me of people having their infant children "baptized" by Uga. Kinda gross in some ways, not in others.

I guess when I read this thread I was thinking of humans dressed up in costumes rather than living creatures.

tzch6.jpg

Smokey the crossdressing hound??

meansmokeymen.gifmeansmokeyLV.gif

6uXNWAo.png

A college mascot HOF would have to include the St. Joe's Hawk that doesn't stop flapping his wings for the whole game.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yeah, the Hawk would be great for that.

You can't forget about Harry Husky (Sorry, the air around here has a bit of bias in the air :P), and Herbie Husker. Who else.... Oh, yeah. Akron's mascot, Zippy the Kangaroo. He owns.

How has nobody mentioned the Stanford Tree of the Syracuse orange thing?

The Tree is awesome. Didn't it used to be a drunk student who would build it him (or her) self and then get into real fights with the other mascot? I think so.

Other than that...Barry Melrose is a good mascot.

How has nobody mentioned the Stanford Tree of the Syracuse orange thing?

The Tree is awesome.  Didn't it used to be a drunk student who would build it him (or her) self and then get into real fights with the other mascot?  I think so.

Other than that...Barry Melrose is a good mascot.

How can the Syracuse guy go into the mascot hall of fame if no one knows his name? Well other than me, and the people who go to Syracuse. But Im sure half of them dont even know it. Its Otto the orange in case you were wondering.

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

Archived