Minnesota Wild 5th Anniversary Logo

stpmn

I think it'd be just as effective without the "year five" banner going behind it. Simple addition and recognizing the roman numeral "V" is enough to figure out that they've been around for 5 years, not to mention actually being a hockey fan...you'd probably know when the teams came in. Is Columbus making one of these?

I think the YEAR FIVE banner disrubts the flow of the mark. I love the understated V, though, and I like the terminology "year five" better than "five years." Very professional looking, besides the XCEL ENERGY lettering. That's where YEAR FIVE should go.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Which do you think is better?

Minnesota North Stars

Minnesota Wild

As per the jerseys, while the northstar one was clever, I like the wild's. It's a bit complicated, but I love the green, gold, maroon coloring as well.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Which do you think is better?

Minnesota North Stars

Minnesota Wild

As per the jerseys, while the northstar one was clever, I like the wild's. It's a bit complicated, but I love the green, gold, maroon coloring as well.

maybe i'm biased, but the north stars were far and away better dressed than the wild...

green and red are christmas colors. they look awful. they ruin the minnesota wild's uniforms, just as they ruin the dallas stars (soon to be former) alternate sweater.

I still can't see why people don't like Minesota's uniforms. Yes, I know it's complex, but it's way better than the booger yellow and kelly green uniforms the Stars use'd to wear (and I'm a Star's fan). The Wild have one of the top five logos in the league because of the symbolism in the logo, the style of it, and the overall professionalism of the way it's done.

I say good job for the patch (well... maybe not the XCel part)

Cole, you're high... er, I mean, you're biased. ;) The Wild logo is so much better than the old N, and the current jersey set (especially the white jersey) is miles ahead. I did like the old green/yellow/black jerseys, but they're still behind these. (And the Black version that they changed to right before going to Dallas? Zzzzzzz....)

While "year five" is kindof silly, for me that banner balances it out; it's a bit top-heavy without it.

The All-Star logo was much better than this, even though I don't hate this.

It is odd they're putting the arena name on there. It's generally verboten to put an arena sponsor name on the uniforms, isn't it?

FYI, this wasn't on their jerseys last night when they played Chicago. The officials did have a small patch on their left sleeves, though; I think it just said "76." Anyone know what that was for?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I think rather than wearing a "year five" patch, they should be wearing a Sergei Zholtok memorial patch, but that's just me.

I'd expect Columbus would wear a year five patch since they wore an Inaugural Season patch,when the Wild didn't, making them seem a little more 'patch happy'.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I still can't see why people don't like Minesota's uniforms. Yes, I know it's complex, but it's way better than the booger yellow and kelly green uniforms the Stars use'd to wear (and I'm a Star's fan). The Wild have one of the top five logos in the league because of the symbolism in the logo, the style of it, and the overall professionalism of the way it's done.

I say good job for the patch (well... maybe not the XCel part)

I wish they did not have the Arena name on the patch otherwise it is just fine

I agree with you on the Wild uniforms. After coming through with the most rediculous name imaginable, these uniforms and logo saved the day. The colors are great (though my favorite unis ever are the Christmas Devils, so take me with a grain of salt) and the logo is very innovotive. I think they are the best in the league, or at least the best non-Original 6.

But I did love the North Stars (pre 1991-1992 switch). The Kelly Green and Yellow, with just a little black. Many I miss that. I wish they'd have pulled a Cleveland Browns deal and we'd have gotten the name back with expansion (and the team would have gone to the N-Star logo).

I miss the North Stars. I'm glad we have the Wild, but it will never quite be the same for me.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Very classy (classic?) looking patch. I agree with all the posts questioning the mention of Xcel Energy Center...maybe they could replace it with St. Paul, MN? Also, I'm not sure that 5 years of anything merits a patch, unless it would be 5 consecutive Stanley Cups. The 'X' is a great building, though.

Regarding the unis, I liked the original North Stars sets with only kelly green and yellow. Never was too partial to the black, although they did use it well (sparingly) when included on the N-Star unis.

I'm partial to the Wild unis. The only beef I have, which is minor, is that they look a little dark on TV (and even up close; I have a Gaborik replica) without any white at all. Adding white might clutter up the already busy jersey, though.

I am so glad they came up with the 'bear-head' logo before the team launched. When they first announced the name and showed the script logo, I was incredibly disappointed. The 'Wild' script is not very good-looking, and the fact that it was (and still is, on the shoulders) enclosed in a circle that says 'NHL Hockey' is a bit silly, IMHO.

I think their number font could use some tweaking, but the Wild logo is still cool. I'm a big fan of the current Dallas Stars unis and color scheme, but the old N'Stars just didn't do it for me.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Very classy (classic?) looking patch. I agree with all the posts questioning the mention of Xcel Energy Center...maybe they could replace it with St. Paul, MN?

"State of Hockey"

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

I am so glad they came up with the 'bear-head' logo before the team launched. When they first announced the name and showed the script logo, I was incredibly disappointed. The 'Wild' script is not very good-looking, and the fact that it was (and still is, on the shoulders) enclosed in a circle that says 'NHL Hockey' is a bit silly, IMHO.

Agree. When I thought the script was going to be thier primary, I was dissappointed, but it is a decent shoulder logo--but the "NHL Hockey" part belongs on T-shirts, not the jersey patch.

POTD (Shared)

Archived