high school rivals

MHraven626

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My school is the Milton District Mustangs (Blue, Black and White) or biggest rivals are the Christ The King (Georgetown) Jaguars (Green and Blue), this rivalry is only really alive in football.

We lost to them last week by a score of 3-1, it was so frustrating.

1zqy8ok.gif

Unity Rockets was my HS.

Our Rival was the St. Joseph-Ogden Spartans.

Seperated by about 15 miles or so, which isn't much when you are in the middle of nowhere Illinois.

My mom taught there, so that was akward.

Our rivalry was pretty much heated in every boys sport and some of the girls ones too. Mainly Football, Basketball, Baseball, Track, and Volleyball.

One year we beat them 2-0 in American Football.

We pretty much owned them (yankees/Red Sox kind of way, We were usually victorious but they were always right there and won a few times themselves) but it was always very close and almost always had a few fights on the court and off.

My high school was the Wing Royals. Our arch-rivals were from the town 12 miles east, the Tuttle Trojans.

True story here: The two schools are so small, that they co-oped for all extracurricular activities. When they first joined together, instead of coming up with a brand-new nickname, they called themselves ... drum roll, please ...

The Royal Trojans.

Yes, the Royal Trojans.

After one year of that, and getting a lot of grief, they changed their name to the Wildcats.

My school, Maur Hill Jr. Ravens. Biggest game, A.C.C.H.S. Tigers of Effingham, Kansas (ACCHS = Atchison County Community H.S.). Big game.

The other was vs. the Golden Eagles of Bishop LeBlond H.S. from St. Joseph, MO.

Immaculata Raiders (another Catholic School) from Leavenworth, KS.

I loved beating Effingham (as we called them - we never called them ACCHS, but that's their official name).

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

The High School i atteded was McGavock High School (Class of 1998),our name is Raiders and our colors are scarlet red and royal blue,

and our main rivals are Antioch High School,their name is the Bears and their colors are royal and black?

and this is the same school that ruined our chances for a potential undefeted regular

season two weeks ago on the CSS HS game of the week.

Rock Hill High School Bearcats, Rock Hill, SC (my school)

vs.

Northwestern High School Trojans, Rock Hill, SC

This folks, will forever be my definition of the word "rivalry." A town of 50,000, two high schools since 1970. Garnet, black and gold (Rock Hill) vs. Purple, gold, and white (NW). Huge rivals ever since Northwestern started fielding varsity teams in 1972, it's been named the best (worst?) rivalry in South Carolina and one of the best in the southeast.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Stevenson HS (Lincolnshire, IL), rivals are Libertyville HS Wildcats and Warren Township Blue Devils (Gurnee, IL)

Just last Friday, we played Warren-- both of us were undefeated, and in the same conference, and whoever won got a 1 seed in the IHSA 8A Playoffs. Anyways, the game goes into double overtime, SHS blocks their PAT and scores their own, we win 35-34. Best Game Ever. Also: Pretty cool sig, huh?

Woodbury High School. To my school (Park High School in Cottage Grove, MN) they're the Packers to our Vikings, the Badgers to our Gophers in terms of recent success. They've boasted state football titles and other high honors in the big sports, while the most recent thing we've done is a (girls) gymnastics state title.

sportsbanner-single.jpg

mine - Robert E. Lee High School Fighting Leemen (Blue and Grey)

rival - Fort Defiance High School Indians (Blue and White)

Simply, we owned them in everything when I was there, as for since my departure, I could care less...I hated my racist ass town and that racist ass high school.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I'm a proud alum of Case High School (Racine, WI)...the logo we use for most sports is usually a green and gold version of Philly's eagle, though our football team uses helmets with a Bears-like C (green shell, gold C) and our uniforms currently resemble the 2000 Rams, except mainly green and with no logos.

our rivals are Park (orange and blue) and Horlick (red, black and silver). personally, I dislike Park cus they're the Lakers of Racine (literally: 9 out of 10 Racine kids wanna go there), and I hate Horlick cus they're arrogant bastards :evil: I always think about my last Horlick game, cus if it were anybody else we woulda won. Of all the teams to have a real kicker, it had to be them bastards :cursing: and he made the luckiest 47-yarder you ever gonna see :evil:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

My alma mater: West Torrance High School Warriors brown/gold

Rivals: athletics-North Torrance High School Saxons blue/white

South Torrance High School Spartans green/white

Torrance High School Tartars crimson/gray

Redondo Union High School Seahawks red/white

Palos Verdes Peninsula High School Panthers black/gold

grudge-El Segundo High School Eagles blue/gold

--started due to a mishap at a game there when my schools band started playing our fight song right before the national anthem was sung, and the school's lack of a quality sound system caused us to not hear the anthem and continue playing halfway through it, until the refs came running over waving their yellow flags at us.

marching band-Mira Costa High School Mustangs green/gold

VmWIn6B.png

Mine: Irmo High School Yellow Jackets (Gold and Black, football unis are nearly carbon copies of the Pittsburgh Steelers' unis)

Rival: everyone hates us, biggest ones are Lexington Wildcats (Blue and Gold), Dutch Fork Silver Foxes (Green and Silver), and Spring Valley Vikings (Green and Gold).

Mine: Nonnewaug Chiefs (Woodbury & Bethlehem, CT)...colors are royal and scarlet...our distinction was being the only HS in the state of Connecticut to be nicknamed "Chiefs".

Archrivals: Shepaug Valley Spartans (Washington/Roxbury/Bridgewater)...blue & white...and a bunch of punks, especially in soccer and baseball. They called us farmers, we called them snobs. It was hate/hate.

Potential for Violence: Gilbert Yellowjackets (Winsted)...actually had a brawl break out after a soccer game when one of their little punks decided to kick a guy in the package instead of shaking hands postgame. Another one like this was with the Terryville Kangaroos...yes, that's their nickname...Kangaroos. :blink: Between a beanball war between the JV baseball teams my sophomore year and the captain of the soccer team giving their star player a free nose-job with his elbow senior year...yah, there was always the potential.

Outside of the conference, I'd probably say our biggest rivals were Avon...in wrestling..mostly due to a few smackdowns our guys gave them on the mats on their way to back to back state titles.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Chula Vista, a large city in the southern region of San Diego County is where I grew up.

I went to Chula Vista High School.

The Spartans, Blue and White though lately they have added Silver to that. Their football gear is a silver helmet with blue face mask and no striping. The logo on the side is a variation of a spartan helmet (doesn't match Michigan State OR San Jose State...close to SJSU but not quite the same). Jerseys resemble the Cowboys if they were royal blue with the white letters and silver outline, the silver-white-silver stripes on the sleeves and the blue stars on the shoulders outlined in white and white pants with no side stripes. Away unis are plain white shirts with blue numbers outlined in silver and blue pants with no side stripes.

Our rivals depended on the sport. We were competitive in every sport but we had a different rival in each. In football it was the Castle Park Trojans (Black helmet with red interlocking CP in what looks like a stretched Times font, black jersey with white letters and white pants). OVERALL it was Sweetwater only because we were the two oldest schools in the area and had been rivals for over a hundred years.

As for violence, we always had the most incidents when we faced Sweetwater. Castle Park was full of Navy brats and CVHS was full of jocks and drama kids (well and the band nerds like me). Our band uniforms were cool but the helmets made me freaking embarassed. plastic spartan helmets painted silver with plastic blue bristle mohawks. Horrible.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

I went to Francis Howell High School, home of the Vikings.

Our biggest rival at the time was, of course, Francis Howell North.

But, Wentzville sucks, too. :P^_^

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived