Your first jersey...

DGivens87

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i cant remember when it was.

but i got a Penny Hardaway black Magic jeresy.

and i still have a Scarlet #8 Buckeyes jeresy by Champion this was about 96-97 because Stanley Jackson was wearing that # at the time

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

My first jersey was a green dureen California Golden Seals (blank, no crest or numbers)....I think it was made by Sandow.I got it around 1972, when I was about 10-11. The Seals were my favourite team back then, and I begged my mother for the money to buy it!!! In my mind I can still see the rack of jerseys at the old Windsor Arena pro shop....Maple Leafs, Canadiens, Blues, North Stars, etc...all in glorious old school dureen! I didn't buy any more jerseys until the early '80's, when I got into football. My first football jersey was a Sandknit '81 San Diego Chargers Dan Fouts jersey that I posted a picture of here earlier this year. Then in '83 I bought a Champion Michigan Panthers Bobby Hebert USFL jersey.With the advent of Ebay, I've bought a crapload of jerseys since then!

Reggie Miller navy pinstripes road jersey, christmas 2000.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

red steve young, musta been either year they won super bowl or year after, i wore it to school like every day, and i still have it.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Tamarick Vanover, #87, Kansas City Chiefs red jersey. This was back in the mid 90's when he was returning kicks. Last time I saw it the numbers had cracks all over and the jersey was pretty worn.

I was about 8 years old, in 1964, and I got a generic blue jersey with silver numbers. It had the No. 14 on it.

I looked at 14 as my lucky number after that, always trying to get 14 for my jerseys in basketball and baseball (my high school was too small for football).

As it turns out, 14 is lucky for me in at least one case -- my wife and I were married on Aug. 14, 1993.

Let's see, Spring 1994, age 15, saved up my allowance and whatnot to get a Derrick Coleman New Jersey Nets Champion replica. Don't ask me why the Nets were my 2nd team behind the Bulls back then, because I have no idea. That one left me at a garage sale a few years back.

Oldest jersey I still own was the 2nd one I bought. Fall of '94, a Junior Seau San Diego Chargers LogoAthletic replica. And it still fits! Plus all the wear and tear I have on it now actually makes it look pretty cool.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The first thing I got was also one of those give-away looks-like-a-jersey T-shirts from the Washington Bullets. I chose a Mike Riordan #6.

But as far as full-fledged jersey, a burgundy (at the time, home) Redskins jersey with #34, no name. No one of note ever wore that number while I had the jersey.

Once I had the money, I upgraded to a 44 White and a 65 Burgundy.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Well...first jersey in recent memory that fits I got was in 2002, an Authentic Leafs Blue Away, nameless, because I couldnt decide who to get on it (Luckally I didnt get Cujo...). First jersey I bought with my own money is my 1970's Authentic Leafs Blue Away jersey, nameless of course. I'm now into collecting jerseys, as seen from that Pens one I snatched up, and the earlier '93 North Stars away one I snagged up a few months ago. Next on my list is a black Kings with Gretz on it...in good condition of course...so I can relive my lost child hood...along with the Whalers, Nords and Jets jerseys...

BTW, I'm not sick and sadistic...but something about that Clint Malrachuck pic is alluring...so I put it in my sig. If people dont like it I'll change it, say the word and its done.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived