Have any 2006 NFL uni changes been rumored yet?

BigEd76

The white helmet with the streak does not look too bad Ive never been a fan of the red, but whatever they do decide to do use the throwback jerseys.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like the Bills throwbacks but not the helmet logo. Just throw the current logo on the white helmet and keep the helmet stripe that they have on the throwback helmets.

You mean this one?

ferg1.jpg

That's not the throwback helmet stripe, but that's the first helmet Buffalo had when they changed the logo.

Run, O.J., run!!

I've always liked the white helmet better than the red, but I'm not sure about the blue facemask.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I've heard a couple of rumors . The Chargers and Bills will be going to the throwback fulltime complete with a road set too. The Chargers had put in for the change two years ago and are supposed to be waiting the required two years which would be up next season. The Bills like somone else said are petitioning for the NFL to wave the two year wait. I like the Bills throwbacks but not the helmet logo. Just throw the current logo on the white helmet and keep the helmet stripe that they have on the throwback helmets. . And I did hear people saying the cowboys would go with a white home jerseyb that featured the same style as the navy blue jersey. I also heard something about the Vikings too an update not a drastic change. Again these are all rumors that I have heard don't know if anything is really founded or not.

Can you provide us with a source for these rumors?

I've heard a couple of rumors . The Chargers and Bills will be going to the throwback fulltime complete with a road set too. The Chargers had put in for the change two years ago and are supposed to be waiting the required two years which would be up next season. The Bills like somone else said are petitioning for the NFL to wave the two year wait. I like the Bills throwbacks but not the helmet logo. Just throw the current logo on the white helmet and keep the helmet stripe that they have on the throwback helmets. . And I did hear people saying the cowboys would go with a white home jerseyb that featured the same style as the navy blue jersey. I also heard something about the Vikings too an update not a drastic change. Again these are all rumors that I have heard don't know if anything is really founded or not.

Can you provide us with a source for these rumors?

I think I know the source: Chris Creamer's Sports Logos Community. :D

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

no, its white, therefore it sucks

whatever the bills do, they MUST stick with red helmets

That's absolutely correct. If the Bills were to switch full time to a red helmet, they would be one of THREE teams in their division with a white helmet. I remember in the 1994 throwback game, the Bills wore red (against the Dolphins?) and won the game. I believe that was because of Jim Kelly's colorblindness, but I could be wrong.

Of course, this all could have been avoided if the Bills had simply not changed in 2002. What a waste.

Has any other team introduced a new uniform and banished it this fast before? I can think only of the late-90s Astros (which didn't look all that bad).

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

no, its white, therefore it sucks

whatever the bills do, they MUST stick with red helmets

That's absolutely correct. If the Bills were to switch full time to a red helmet, they would be one of THREE teams in their division with a white helmet. I remember in the 1994 throwback game, the Bills wore red (against the Dolphins?) and won the game. I believe that was because of Jim Kelly's colorblindness, but I could be wrong.

Of course, this all could have been avoided if the Bills had simply not changed in 2002. What a waste.

Has any other team introduced a new uniform and banished it this fast before? I can think only of the late-90s Astros (which didn't look all that bad).

The Astros had that look starting in '94 and ditched it in 2000, so they had it for quite a few years. The Devil Rays had the multi-almost rainbow-color thing for only three or four seasons. Toronto Raptors had their pinstripes jerseys for only four seasons too.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I just had an idea about the Bills.  Maybe to make both parties OLD and New school happy, the Bills could use that white helmet.  But have the buffalo with reverse colors.  INstead of blue, make it red?

helmet.jpg

It could look pretty sweet if they tried

I know that there is the possibility the Buffalo Bills will change colors next year. It will switch colors but I think the helmet would look a lot better with a blue facemask rather than a gray facemask.

I just had an idea about the Bills.  Maybe to make both parties OLD and New school happy, the Bills could use that white helmet.  But have the buffalo with reverse colors.  INstead of blue, make it red?

It could look pretty sweet if they tried

I know that there is the possibility the Buffalo Bills will change colors next year. It will switch colors but I think the helmet would look a lot better with a blue facemask rather than a gray facemask.

BUF_332.gif

agreed. I only did it with the grey facemask to resemble the old red Bill helmet they had

I remember in the 1994 throwback game, the Bills wore red (against the Dolphins?) and won the game.  I believe that was because of Jim Kelly's colorblindness, but I could be wrong.

IIRC, the Bills wore red helmets because they were too cheap/lazy to get a 2nd helmet for throwback games. For the 75th anniversary, some teams went to great lengths to have accurate throwbacks from head to toe. Others, like the Bills, did it piecemeal - and keeping the red helmets while wearing the standing buffalo was the most glaring mistake. I guess it's cheaper to change a helmet decal than to buy new helmets for everyone and let them get worn enough to break them in.

As far as Kelly being colorblind, I never heard that one. Joe Ferguson was colorblind, which is what prompted the move to red helmets (reportedly) back in the mid-'80s.

Of course, this all could have been avoided if the Bills had simply not changed in 2002.  What a waste.

:blink: ? The only changes the Bills made to the helmets was the addition of nickel stripes to the previous design. The Bills have had red helmets for 20 years, and nothing major was done when the uniforms were fired down the crapper in '02.

Has any other team introduced a new uniform and banished it this fast before?  I can think only of the late-90s Astros (which didn't look all that bad).

White Sox Bermuda shorts lasted 1 game; Islanders' "fish sticks" jerseys; BYU's "bib" football jerseys; UNC's "monogram NC" logo basketball jerseys (as well as Michigan's "M" jerseys); the Phillies' blue alt caps all lasted less time than the present Bills' unis.

EDIT: Read your response, DSG. Now I got your point. Thanks for clarifying.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

? The only changes the Bills made to the helmets was the addition of nickel stripes to the previous design. The Bills have had red helmets for 20 years, and nothing major was done when the uniforms were fired down the crapper in '02.

All I was saying was that had the Bills done nothing after the 2001 season, their uniforms wouldn't need to be overhauled again after 2005. It's fun for us, sure, but what a waste of energy, huh?

And good point on the switch to red. I guess I just got Bills lore mixed up.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Actually, I remember the reason why Buffalo didn't change the helmets on the throwbacks was because some players did not feel comfortable in using a new 2nd helmet in game situations. It wasn't Buffalo being cheap; it was players voicing concern about the change in equipment.

And actually I heard the color blind issue with Vinnie Testaverde, but not with Kelly. I do remember, however, that Kelly pushed for the use of the red helmets because he liked the concept.

Actually, I remember the reason why Buffalo didn't change the helmets on the throwbacks was because some players did not feel comfortable in using a new 2nd helmet in game situations.  It wasn't Buffalo being cheap; it was players voicing concern about the change in equipment.

And actually I heard the color blind issue with Vinnie Testaverde, but not with Kelly.  I do remember, however, that Kelly pushed for the use of the red helmets because he liked the concept.

Actually, Joe Ferguson was the Bills QB when they switched to red in 1984. Kelly didn't join the team until 86.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Has any other team introduced a new uniform and banished it this fast before?  I can think only of the late-90s Astros (which didn't look all that bad).

White Sox Bermuda shorts lasted 1 game; Islanders' "fish sticks" jerseys; BYU's "bib" football jerseys; UNC's "monogram NC" logo basketball jerseys (as well as Michigan's "M" jerseys); the Phillies' blue alt caps all lasted less time than the present Bills' unis.

How about the Phillies' all-maroon Saturday Night Specials, which lasted one game...

Others that come to mind: the 1990 Cubs road uniforms (1 year) and the 1997 Jaguars ones that didn't make it to the regular season (the numbers couldn't be distinguished from far away)...

Archived