Have any 2006 NFL uni changes been rumored yet?

BigEd76

An all black panther helmet would be great. Do I smell a concept?

Umm... so if the helmet is all black, and the panther is a black cat, what color is the logo so it stands out against the black helmet?

If you're thinking the Panthers ought to go black logo on black helmet like their hated archrivals in Atlanta, you might want to think again. The silver is fine as it is. Black is not the answer. :blink:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
An all black panther helmet would be great. Do I smell a concept?

Umm... so if the helmet is all black, and the panther is a black cat, what color is the logo so it stands out against the black helmet?

If you're thinking the Panthers ought to go black logo on black helmet like their hated archrivals in Atlanta, you might want to think again. The silver is fine as it is. Black is not the answer. :blink:

How about a blue helmet?

YOZXkBG.png?1

no change in store for the Panthers. owner Jerry Richardson is very particular that they stay a very traditional team in their look. as for the switch of home jersey to/from alt... there is no "home" jersey. we typically play home "whites" in 1st half of the season, then switch to the home "blacks" in 2nd half, and have played the alts in preseason, as well as regular season, both home and away. so there is no set uni set, it makes them very flexible in keeping the uni look fresh. white jerseys get white pants, period. black or blue jerseys get silver pants.

here's an alt helmet i did a few years back here...

blualtrev.jpg

"meh!"

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

I hate teams that have silver or gold helmets and use white pants. They are all light colors, and the helmet should match the pants in this case. If the panthers don't want silver pants with the white jersey, I would propose either black or blue pants. Probably the black (with the blue / white stripe) would work best.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

so far i now of five possible changes, two of which are based only on rumour and may not have any substance to them. first, the changes that have some fact behind them:

1) the cleveland browns are looking at throwbacks, either as a full time change or as a replacement to the orange alts. you can read more about it in this thread: http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=29547

2) the buffalo bills are asking the nfl to make an exception to the rule that states a team must inform the leauge two years in advance before any change to the unis/logo is made. the bills want the leauge to do this so they can sport their 1965 throwbacks full time starting next season.

now for the three flimsy rumours:

1) it was reported that the san diego chargers would return to the powder blues full time next season. however since the rumour was reported nothing new has been heard. also no mention of the change was made during the two weeks the bolts wore the throwbacks.

2) that the new york jets would be ditching their throwback look in favor of a more modern uni and logo. the logo was rumoured to look like a jet from the movie Stealth. however nothing has been heard since this rumour was first posted.

3) the dallas coyboys were finally going to get around to standardizing the blues and silvers, then redesign the white jerseys to match the blue jerseys. the person to posted the rumour said that the change was a result of the leauge telling the 'boys to satndardize their look. however the change was suppose to go into effect this season, which it has not. like the first two flimsy rumours nothing new has come out since the original rumour was started.

BringBackTheVet, you're vey right. The panthers look really stupid with those all white unis along with a siver helmet. I think they should use those silver pants as the do with the other jerseys. And their alt is the best jersey in the NFL. I dont know why they dont wear those more often.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

BringBackTheVet, you're vey right. The panthers look really stupid with those all white unis along with a siver helmet. I think they should use those silver pants as the do with the other jerseys. And their alt is the best jersey in the NFL. I dont know why they dont wear those more often.

it isn't the helmet of the Panthers that bothers me. I don't mind the silver on an all white unis. I mean, I like the Tampa's all white with the pewter helmet. The one thing that has always bother me about the Panthers was their color socks. Alright, first off, they did good after season one by changing from blue with the black top to black with the dark top. However, they must have stop there. A team should have the same color with the numbers on the whites. Since they have black numbers, the Panthers should have black socks. Plus on their blue alts, they wear the black socks. Again, this is nit picky and I know some teams wear black socks with their home unis (Ravens, Jags, and Eagles).

Then again, the Falcons are also bad about this. They should be wearing the red socks on the away too. Why did they stop too with the black socks?

Then again, the Falcons are also bad about this. They should be wearing the red socks on the away too. Why did they stop too with the black socks?

That's not the only Falcons problem...they finally added silver to the logo and at the same time, dropped silver from the uniforms! :wacko:

The problem with the Panthers is that they don't have a uni color combo that is distinct.

With the Silver and Black, they mimic the Raiders

With the Silver and Blue, they mimic the Lions

Maybe they need an in between...where the uni has half as much blue as black. That way they can distance themselves from the afforementioned teams.

As for the rumored Jets uni change...I think its dissapointing. I love the retro look. I think more teams should go that way. Its a hit with the Giants, it'll work for the Chargers and Bills, and I think it would be absolutely brilliant if the Cowboys ditch their silver helmets for the Thanksgiving day white helmet look (quite possibly the best throwback of them all!)

The problem with the Panthers is that they don't have a uni color combo that is distinct.

Maybe they need an in between...where the uni has half as much blue as black. That way they can distance themselves from the afforementioned teams.

What about black pants?

1) it was reported that the san diego chargers would return to the powder blues full time next season. however since the rumour was reported nothing new has been heard. also no mention of the change was made during the two weeks the bolts wore the throwbacks.

Rather than throwbacks, would someone take a stab at rendering the current San Diego uniforms w/ powder blue in place of navy? I think that would bridge the gap between the club's classic and modern looks.

What about black pants?

Black pants with black shirts? or with blue shirts?

Then they might get into the Jaguars look.

Man its real tough to create a completely different identity in the NFL without looking like some other team!

Archived