Favorite Goalie Masks

Hail2theVctrz

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, my fave was the one Jason Labarbera wore when he was on the Hartford Wolfpack & New York Rangers...

LaBarbera_0304NYR-150pr.jpg

Gonzo from the Muppets on the top (seeing his nickname is Gonzo :lol: )

Cover art from Metallica's St. Anger on the side (he's a pretty big Metallica fan..last year, I believe he added charactures of James, Kirk, Lars, and the new guy on the sides)

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Felix Potvin's masks are my all-time favorites. It's a simple design that works extremely well. Too many goalie masks have too much detail and rarely does someone get close enough to properly appreciate it.

Generally, I prefer masks that keep the white around the face opening. It makes the mask look cleaner.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

this is the greatest mask/pads/jersey combo ever.

potvin2.jpg

The best helmet/pads combo ever was Trevor Kidd's combo when he was with the Hurricanes. He had the jester helmet with the chrome accents (already on this thread) with the checkerboard pads and blocker (based on the Hurricanes' warning flag striping on the jersey). Those were awesome.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Can I be a little big of a weirdo here?

I honestly liked Kevin Weekes' outfit back with Tampa Bay.

Eyes on the goalie pads...classy.

weekes.jpg

And for sheer hilarity in all these goalies pics...

weekes.jpg

OOOOOOOOH!!!!

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

maskhayward01.jpg

I'm sorry but when a mask is so popular that the team figured out a way to keep it even when Brian Hayward retired...

24165545_7d09602e82_o.jpg

Now, is that a cool salute to hockey art or what?

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

John Blue played for 3 seasons, mainly with Boston. His whole mask was a gorgeous deep blue. Nothing more. It looked great.

But yeah, Gratton's was the first "supermask" and still the best.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

My favorites are Gratton's, Shield's "Cheevers" tribute and Richter's Liberty mask among the many great one's pictured on this thread.

Some other favorties not mentioned on this thread are Jamie McLennan's KISS masks.

http://goaliesarchive.com/masks/mclennan.html

Also, I really loved Tomas Vokoun's Czech Republic mask he wore in the 2004 World Cup with the heraldic lions taken from the coat of arms logo on his jersey.

2686.jpgvokoun2_ms05.jpg

1103569224_tomas-repre.jpg

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Brian Hayward when he was with the Sharks, The Shark mouth with blood on the teeth.

Didn't see it above when I posted, I'm an idiot.

Puckguy and I each posted a photo of it. You missed it twice! Hehe. Just bustin' your chops.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

I just had to give props to this kid. I don't know who he is, but as far as kids hockey masks go, I think he's got the best one!

05%20nat%20tii%2012u%20spiderman%20mask%20600.gif

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Archived