What if the Detroit Lions ...

winghaz

What if the Detroit Lions.........................didn't suck?

sorry thats the first thing i thought of when i read the title of your post,

we can blame Millen for both the black and the sucking

Well, let's hope that the Lions fix both mistakes when they fire Millen. :D

What if the Detroit Lions.........................didn't suck?

sorry thats the first thing i thought of when i read the title of your post,

we can blame Millen for both the black and the sucking

Well, let's hope that the Lions fix both mistakes when they fire Millen. :D

What makes you so sure that will happen? It is obvious that he has incriminating pictures of one or more members of the Ford family (and isn't afraid to use them). Otherwise, he would have been fired long ago.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I hope the Fords don't run their car company the way they run their football team...

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

FIRE MILLEN!

As a 40-year old and long-suffering Lions fan, I would like nothing more than Millen's bus ticket out of town. Mariucci should've stayed. Heck, Mooch got a standing ovation at the MSU hoops game the other day.

My favorite Lions jersey were these during the Billy Sims era with the silver numbers outlined in white:

billysims.jpg

What they need to do is go back to the unis of 1985, which were the same as 3 years ago except with matching striped socks. Top notch. Obviously their current look needs to go as it is synonimous with mediocrity.

1985 with TV numbers on top of the shoulders:

16zg.png

Images courtesy of Football Uniforms Past and Present.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

FIRE MILLEN!

As a 40-year old and long-suffering Lions fan, I would like nothing more than Millen's bus ticket out of town. Mariucci should've stayed. Heck, Mooch got a standing ovation at the MSU hoops game the other day.

My favorite Lions jersey were these during the Billy Sims era with the silver numbers outlined in white:

billysims.jpg

if Carr blows it for Michigan against the CornHuskers, you can see Mooch in a Wolverines jacket next year!!!

Since hiring Millen, the Lions have had a worse winning percentage than the years before he joined the team. The Fords MUST see this fact, and realize their team is heading down, not up, and a change in GM is needed. The Lions now have hired and fired two coaches in the Millen Era. There is only one constant: Matt Millen was GM.

It's so obvious, but the Ford's seem to be loyal to Millen, so there's several more years of sucking ahead for Detroit.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Yes, I think the Lions should lose all traces of the black, and go back to the "Billy Sims" era uniforms (with the silver numbers outlined in white on the Honolulu blue home jerseys). It always bothered me when they changed the numbers to white, outlined in silver, and left the sleeve stripes silver outlined in white. It should be one way or the other, either white numbers and sleeve stripes outlined in silver, or silver numbers and sleeve stripes outlined in white.

The road uniforms were great!

And I don't even want to think about the new black facemasks; those are horrible; bring back the blue!

Jayworld

Archived