New NIFL logos

Geoff

My take:

Hammons --

The name and logo both remind me of some sort of action figure, like they should be "GI Joe Action Heroes" or something. I can't put my finger on it they just do.

Rapid City --

Hard to make out the image, but I like where they are going with it.

Greensboro --

I really like this one. I particularly like the "Revolution" font and the use of the flag staff as the i.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Heroes...I'm half expecting Sgt. Slaughter after that comment :D

Aces...similar to the Iowa Barnstormers' primary, though different enough. I can only guess as to what their uniforms will look like

Revolution...I like it, though I have a feeling that I've seen the eagle before. heh, oh well.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

My 2 cents are free. Outside of the Revolution, I wish teams would invest a little money in their logos. I really believe that Hammons and Rapid City could have done better. I am tired of seeing teams with logos that look like they were hurried and slapped together just to give the team an identity. :mad:

Bengalssuck.jpg

Aces...similar to the Iowa Barnstormers' primary, though different enough. I can only guess as to what their uniforms will look like

Revolution...I like it, though I have a feeling that I've seen the eagle before. heh, oh well.

Hammond...its ok, I guess

Iowa-I third that comment (I smell lawsuit!)

Greensboro-For some reason it reminds me of the Saginaw Spirit Eagle

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Aces...similar to the Iowa Barnstormers' primary, though different enough.  I can only guess as to what their uniforms will look like

Revolution...I like it, though I have a feeling that I've seen the eagle before.  heh, oh well.

Hammond...its ok, I guess

Iowa-I third that comment (I smell lawsuit!)

Greensboro-For some reason it reminds me of the Saginaw Spirit Eagle

It does have a Spirit vibe to it. Perhaps it's the angle.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

TorontoPhantoms.png

teaser.jpg

pretty freaking close... in shape and movement... but im sure its inspired not a rip... as for the revolution im thinking it looks like a flynn design... but probably because it does remind me of saginaw which i know for a fact is a flynn

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

It's very odd for Rapid City not to have a Black Hills-themed name and logo.

However, Rapid City is also the home to Ellsworth Air Force Base, and the folks in Rapid City desperately want to keep the base. My guess is the name and logo has something to do with that.

From what I can tell, the P-51 (I assume it's one) is flying over the black hills in the logo.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

http://pbmai.com/phantoms/

Here is the West Palm Beach Phantoms, another NIFL team. Reminds me of the former AFL team in Toronto

Definite Toronto Phantoms vibe in that logo... I'm almost certain it's a direct rip, but I don't have a comparison image to be 100% confident.

your certain it's a rip off,eh......

here's the real scope for what it is worth.......the original rough

idea was done for a lacrosse team and was called the Fear.....

never considered the TO Phantoms when I first sketched it........but looking at the TO logo I can see how one might see how I could have been inspired by it

as far as Bosack being inspired by my Saginaw eagle......maybe, which would be a honour.....most likely no......

It is so easy to say some is ripping off this and that......

but that's what this forum is about a lot of the time......

http://pbmai.com/phantoms/

Here is the West Palm Beach Phantoms, another NIFL team. Reminds me of the former AFL team in Toronto

Definite Toronto Phantoms vibe in that logo... I'm almost certain it's a direct rip, but I don't have a comparison image to be 100% confident.

your certain it's a rip off,eh......

he's almost certain... probably not at all certain now :)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I want to say that both the Phantoms one, and the Revolution logo are very nice. It is dificult to make a logo with the "reaper" image in it, because there are only so many ways to do it, I've cetainly tried.

I also want to say that I love the Katy Copperheads logo you did flynn, very solid job on it, as I was vying for that job, but yours far surpassed what I could come up with. ^_^

Archived