Super Bowl XL

infrared41

I haven't seen this particular thread but if I am repeating something please forgive me.

The first question is intended for those of us whose favorite teams are not The Steelers or Seahawks. The rest are for everyone.

1. Who are you rooting for and why.

2. Who do you think will win. (your actual pick)

3. Pick a score. (closest to actual score wins nothing but you'll impress the hell out of all the rest of us.)

4. Pick an MVP. (See above)

Here are my answers.

1. I'm a Browns fan so of course I am pulling for the Seahawks. I can't stand Steeler fans or Bill Cowher's stupid facial contortions. Go Hawks!

2. Seattle. I think this game has a real Rams/Patriots feel to it. No one thought the Pats had much of a chance against the Rams. I like how Seattle has nothing to lose here. That and Holmgren is just a much better coach.

3. Seattle 34 Pittsburgh 21.

4. Matt Hasselback. I think he'll have a huge day.

BB52Big.jpg

Seahawks, loved them since I was 6.

I have a ton of confidence in the Hawks but honestly i'm scared...

3. Pick a score. (closest to actual score wins nothing but you'll impress the hell out of all the rest of us.)

Seahawks 27, Steelers 23

4. Pick an MVP. (See above)

Hasselbeck. Running game with be dead for both teams i believe so it will come down to the passing game and Hasslelbeck has been on fire the last 3 or 4 games. i'm guessing he'll throw two touchdowns, and alexander will run in one for the 3rd touchdown.

1. Pittsburgh (after much deliberation, I decided that my hatred as a Rams fan of the entire team of Seattle trumps my hatred of Bettis (or as I prefer to call him, the traitor).)

2. Seattle-sure the Pittsburgh fans have trotted out a bunch of stats that say that Pittsburgh is better than most six seeds, and yes, the top AFC teams are better than their NFC counterparts, but I don't think its to the extent that the 6th seed in the AFC can beat the 1 seed in the NFC. It's gonna be a close one though.

3. Seattle 31, Pittsburgh 30

4. Baldy

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

1)Pittsburgh

I like the way they run their organization, I like Big Ben, I like Bettis, I like their style of football, I like Cowher, Id love to see him get a ring, plus their a 6 seed which is cool.

2)Pitssburgh

Their on a roll, and overall I think their better

3)

PIT:27

SEA:17

4)Roethlisberger

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

1. I'm pulling for the Steelers. I'm an AFC fan and I root for the AFC team unless it's a team I can't stand.

2. Pittsburgh. A lot has been mentioned on how the Steelers were a 6 seed. This people forget to look at the standings to realize had they not lost a tie breaker to the Bengals they would have been the 3 seed of maybe higher had Reothlisberger not have gotten hurt. Roethlisberger played every game they probably would have finished 13-3 the same the same record as the Seahawks and in the AFC. Remember 2 of the games the Steelers lost was because of Tommy Maddox picks. I have a feeling Maddox won't be seeing the field in the Super Bowl.

3. Pittsburgh 32 Seattle 29

4. Ben Roethlisberger

1. I want the Seahawks to win, just because I do not want to go through one year of Pittsburgh Steeler fans proving that they are God's Gift to the Football.

2. Although I want the Seahawks to win, I think Pittsburgh is gonna win due to the fact that they went through the best the AFC had to offer, and came out like some soldiers.

3. Steelers 21-18 Seahawks

4. Jerome Bettis

1-Steelers-Because well I don't like either team and I like the city of Pittsburgh so I will root for them

2-Steelers-The Seahawks only beat 2 playoff teams the Giants (I think Feeley is still missing FG's), and the Colts (Who wern't trying) and the steelers beat the Bengals, San Diego, and Chicago.

3-Steelers-21-17

4-Jerome Bettis

saBS.png

I look forward to Super Bowl Sunday more than Christmas. I can't wait for the game. Anyway, here's my picks...

Steelers. I went to school at Pitt, so I followed them for a while. They're probably my 3rd favorite team. Plus, I'd like class-act Jerome Bettis to get to hoist the Lombardi trophy.

2. Who do you think will win.

Steelers.

3. Pick a score.

Steelers 27 Seahawks 19

4. Pick an MVP.

Troy Polumalu

SEEEEEEEAHAWKS. Raised in the state of Washington and around the Seattle Seahawks. It's about damn time.

2. Who do you think will win.

Seahawks will win.

3. Pick a score.

31-27 Seattle.

4. Pick an MVP.

Lofa Tatupu. I always like to pick defensive MVPs. I picked Rodney Harrison last year before the game, and he deserved it. Lofa has had a strong rookie campaign, could have been Defensive Rookie of the Year, both him and Shawne deserved it. He'll have a few big stops in this game earning him MVP.

1) Rooting for: Pittsburgh - from there, born there in the 70s, loved 'em ever since

2) Think will win: Pittsburgh - I think they're the real deal this year. Well rounded offense, great defense, poised QB who can throw and is mobile when he needs to be, great work ethic

3) 31-17 Pittsburgh

4) MVP: Polamalu

SB40terribletowel.jpg6220steelers.jpglicense_thum.jpg

I can't really say I'm rooting against anyone. I'm pulling slightly for the Seahawks, as they're the underdog and from the NFC, but I'd be just as pleased if the Steelers won it all. Both teams deserve the title, and they're not the Patriots, so I see that as a automatic bonus. I'm hoping for a close exciting game.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

my pick is Seattle

The NFC is 6-0 when the game is on ABC

The last time the NFC won was on ABC(Tampa Bay Bucs over Oakland)

They are playing at an NFC stadium

The NFC is 1-0 when the Super Bowl is in Detroit(okay it was in Pontiac but still the Niners beat my Bengals)

Signature intentionally left blank

I'm calling for a Steelers 17-0 victory, in the second-lowest scoring Super Bowl ever, and the first time that an offense won't score even a single point. Lofa Tatupu will be the MVP, though.

Your analysis is pretty moot since you think all 16 teams in the AFC are better than the Seahawks. :rolleyes:

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1. Rootin' for the steelers even though i'm a browns fan, my mom is a die-hard steelers fan. plus i like big ben, the bus, and troy polomalu.

3. 28-17 Steelers

4. Big Ben (See above)

(willie parker TD right now!)

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

1. Rootin' for the steelers even though i'm a browns fan,

Sorry but you are not allowed to do that. Consider yourself excommunicated as a Browns fan. We can't possibly take you seriously as a Browns fan after your statement. :D

BB52Big.jpg

Archived