March Madness

vicfurth

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:shocked: What!?!?!?

Man, I think this is one of those years where all of the sane people get last place in the pick'em pool, and the winner is that crazy guy who picks all of the upsets. Looks like I am already screwed in my pools...I never win anything :cry:

*EDIT*

UConn just went on a 7-0 run so the lead is now down to 5...I am still screwed though <_<

PopHeading-1.gif

UConn came back and throttled Albany over the final 10 minutes. Albany pretty much pulled a Winthrop and went ice cold down the stretch. Maybe someday we will get to see a 16 seed win one against a #1.

6uXNWAo.png

:shocked: What!?!?!?

Man, I think this is one of those years where all of the sane people get last place in the pick'em pool, and the winner is that crazy guy who picks all of the upsets. Looks like I am already screwed in my pools...I never win anything :cry:

I should have probably actually played that Yahoo! Pool this year.

But I tell ya, life is easier when you absolutely can't be paid enough money to actually consider giving a smidgen of a flying :censored: about college sports.

And now :censored:ing Sirius is airing the Ducks/Blackhawks game on a channel Canada doesn't get!!!

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

BU!! BU!! BU!! BU!! BU!! BU!! BU!!

Bradley 77, Kansas 73

Rock Chalk Bradley

:woot:(dance):boogie:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

NOOOOO!!!!!!

And there goes one of my Final Four teams....... why does Kansas have to choke?!?!

Ditto. Props to bradley for the upset. They totally shut down the Jayhawks and actually played like they were the higher seed. But yeah, my bracket was doing pretty good as well until Michigan State (elite eight) and especially Kansas (final four) had to jack up my bracket. So much for winning that $10,000 grand prize. :P

6uXNWAo.png

I overreached on Marquette as a dark horse for the Final Four in one of my brackets. I am still standing, more or less, and this paves the way for the darkhorse in my other brackets (Pitt) to win the region with Kansas out of the way.

I scored tickets for the first session in Philadelphia, and watched two of the worst college games I've ever seen in person. (Wisconsin was brutally outplayed by Arizona, and Bo Ryan was revealed as a fraud for the way he, ahem, "coached"; if Monmouth could've hit anything in the first 12 minutes, they could've taken out a lethargic #1 Villanova; couple all that with enforcing the NCAA tourney ban on selling beer at games on St. Patricks' Day of all days made for some rough watching. Then by the time I get home last night, the local CBS affiliate was so wrapped up with Penn and Texas that I only caught the last 5 seconds of UNC holding off Murray State. :evil:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Can somebody tell me why Illinois chooses to wear their orange uniforms when they're supposed to be the home team and Washington is wearing their purples?? <_<

I can understand teams wearing colors such as yellow, gray, or gold at home since it's those colors aren't too far from white ... but orange is way to dark. There's no point to Illinois wearing them today.

6uXNWAo.png

HOORAY! My Huskies beat Illinois and advanced.

What? Oh, I had Illinois advancing in my bracket. Well, look. After the 1st Round, I tend to not care anymore about my bracket. So, congrats to U-Dub for winning and moving farther then any of those sorry ass Big Ten losers (That will include Ohio State as well).

Wichita State 80, Tennessee 73.

More evidence that Tennessee was vastly overrated.

For all you clones out there, that translates to Wichita State giving Tennessee the proverbial "Shocker". :rolleyes:

6uXNWAo.png

HOORAY! My Huskies beat Illinois and advanced.

What? Oh, I had Illinois advancing in my bracket. Well, look. After the 1st Round, I tend to not care anymore about my bracket. So, congrats to U-Dub for winning and moving farther then any of those sorry ass Big Ten losers (That will include Ohio State as well).

27 Fouls on the Illini. 18 on Washington.

11 free throws for the Illini. 39 for Washington.

The Illini were robbed. I'm not planning on watching another game in this tournament. If the NCAA can't get refs more respectable than this than the tournaments might as well be a big joke.

Archived