New Ducks Logos?

CC97

When the colors were first "leaked" a lot of people seemed to be worried that the new jersey would too closely resemble the Flyers. Now that it seems they put the emphasis on black and bronze more than the orange people are concerned it looks too much like the black and gold of the Penguins. I can see how it resembles the Penguins jersey from the side, at least the white aways. The home jerseys look very different as the Penguins use a lot of white on their homes while the Ducks use almost no white. As a Ducks fan I am happy with the way the jersey came out. They are distinct (except maybe the away from the side) and keep one of the distinct features of the old jersey, the asymetical line. I really envisioned something fairly horrible, but I like the jersey they came up with.

I am not completely satisfied. I would have like to see some purple or green in the logo and maybe in the jersey. As it stands now, other than white, none of the colors from the old jersey made it. Also, green (or jade was it?) makes sense for a team called the Ducks. I am an Anaheim resident and there are a fair ammount of ducks around here and they all seem to be of the green headed variety.

I'm OK with the logo. It looks decent, but compared to other teams who have neat graphics, the word Ducks seems dull no matter what font you use or how much the D looks like a duck foot. I would have prefered a big D or some other logo as the crest. I think it might have looked better without the Anaheim and just having Ducks across the jersey and maybe even having Anaheim only on the away.

I'm not sure I'll be purchasing this jersey. I like the jersey but it seems as if they'll change within a year or two. Possibly they'll put an alternate logo on the chest (as the Kings replaced the shield with the crown). At the very least they'll probably add a shoulder patch. This jersey seems like it would look better with one. I actually prefered the old jerseys without the alternate logo patch. The fact that they didn't have a jersey ready for WildWing and he showed up at the logo ceremony in an orange tshirt leads me to believe that they tweaked with the jersey until the last second.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not to comment on or to keep refering on one of my own previous posts, but I am actually beginning to like this :

Anaheim%20Ducks.jpg

The more I look at it, the better it gets. In my eyes, anyway. Anyone else?

This works for me. Based on the way the D works with the striping, it almost looks like this is what they were going to use, but then dropped it at the last minute and added the wordmark instead. I would have liked to see at least one of the jerseys use the D alone. This looks much better to me.

Maybe a future orange third?

My opinion will echo others.

I feel that the logo and uniforms would be better if the black was replaced with a dark dark green or a sheen similar to a mallard's head. Black is not needed.

I like bee's concept with just the webbed "D" on the jersey. But, if they wanted to put the entire logo on the front, they should've used the wordmark with the oval. I guess it's considered the secondary. It would fill some more space.

The look is not a step down, but if this is it.... I guess it seems un-necesary. A name change and an update of the existing logo set may have been the answer. I really am glad to see "Mighty" dropped from the name. That did not belong on the professional level.

Chicago "Bad News" Bears

Los Angeles "Lion" Kings, Detroit Lion "Kings"

New York "Jolly Green" Giants

Detroit "Crouching" Tigers

To me: Mighty Ducks was as terrible as the above examples. I could understand A one night promo... but that would be it.

I'm not feeling these jerseys and I'll tell you why...

1. No real logo. It's a letterhead at best. Might be okay for an alternate jersey but not as the main one. Even if they had concentrated on the webbed "D" as one person suggested it really isn't what most people in here consider a main logo. They need a primary logo and it would be nice if it had some kind of hockey theme if they wanted to back away from the duck theme.

2. No secondary logo. Now that webbed "D" would've looked good righ on the shoulders. In addition to having a wordmark for a logo, having no secondary makes the jersey look that much more empty.

3. Black as a primary. Um... Yeah. Real original. Not the best choice of secondary colors either. Brown-orange (doesn't look bronze to me) and old old, but there so little of it them as trim, its more of an afterthought. These look like the Cleveland Browns mated with the Pittsburgh Penguins. In honesty I'd rather not compare these to Pittsburgh because those uniforms look light years better than these. I liked the previous idea of emerald green and orange as the new colors. At least both would have stood out against a sea of black.

Not all ducks are white or brown. Some ducks like the male mallard have green heads and blue tipped wings. The wood duck has even more colors.

Mallard

Wood Duck

4. If someone in the Ducks higher-ups actually paid someone to come up with these colors and identity then they were taken big time. There's very little here that I would consider original nor creative- certainly nothing to be expected from a top level professional team. I really cannot picture putting forth very much time in the creative process of these uniforms. I think most everyone in here has come up with far better. I half expected these to be called their practice jersrey, since they have about as much personality. Overall, it's a letdown. The previous "leaked" logos may not have been the greatest, but at least they included both ducks and hockey elements.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

OK.

Remember how I said when I was wrong about something, I would admit it?

I was wrong about the Ducks' colors.

I had been insisting that they were using Bronze, and guess what? It's Gold afterall.

Apparently, my "source" had an older version of the uniforms (this was someone who had worked on them at one point in the process), and this is also where the Green came into play.

I started wondering about all of this myself last night - everything being written about the unveiling was calling the color "Gold"...that many sources couldn't be wrong...now I found out that not only was this color Gold, and there isn't any Green, but the Orange I had was even wrong.

I only had the Black and White correct. :P

Here is the correct color set:

AnaheimDucks_FRC_9999_SOL.jpg

I AM confident however, that the original set I had was "official" at one time...things just got tweaked before the unveiling. And, because I feel that I owe you guys one, here's what they were considering:

AnaheimDucks_CON_2007_SOL.jpg

I put this image in my Photobucket account...it's not going on the SSUR Team Colors section. And, I may take it down in a day or so.

(leaving now, with tail between legs)

It would be kinda stupid if they unveiled a pre-jersey now and then changed things later like adding shoulder patches,etc.

We've seen it happen before...

Two examples I can think of quickly -- Jays changed the road jersey they unveiled in 2003 before the 2004 season, and the Raptors actually had 'TORONTO' spelt out above the 'RAPTORS' script in their giant dinosaur jerseys when they unveiled them, that was gone by the time they tipped off for their first game.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

It would be kinda stupid if they unveiled a pre-jersey now and then changed things later like adding shoulder patches,etc.

We've seen it happen before...

Two examples I can think of quickly -- Jays changed the road jersey they unveiled in 2003 before the 2004 season, and the Raptors actually had 'TORONTO' spelt out above the 'RAPTORS' script in their giant dinosaur jerseys when they unveiled them, that was gone by the time they tipped off for their first game.

So what are the chances of us seeing an update to these jerseys? If they go on sale soon, I doubt they'll change em.

Say what you will about the new jerseys, but I think we're overlooking something interesting...

...these aren't the new "slimmer" Olympic style jerseys....

Weren't those slimfit jerseys supposed to be inacted for use next season? I could be wrong.

If indeed the tight jerseys will come to pass next season...wouldn't Ahaheim have had to use the slimfit template for an unveiling?

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

Say what you will about the new jerseys, but I think we're overlooking something interesting...

...these aren't the new "slimmer" Olympic style jerseys....

Weren't those slimfit jerseys supposed to be inacted for use next season? I could be wrong.

If indeed the tight jerseys will come to pass next season...wouldn't Ahaheim have had to use the slimfit template for an unveiling?

We aren't overlooking it because it's been long known that they won't be around in 06-07

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Going though the images from the unveliling, are they keeping Wild Wing the same? That seems incredibly pointless. They should have changed his a look, at least a little, so people in the stands aren't constantly reminded about their old logo.

71272189.jpg

They look much better as a full uniform, rather than just the jersey alone. I quite like the single orange stripe down the sides of the pants.

those do look like penguins jerseys with a hint of orange :angered: that pisses me off they coulda done better

Upon second viewing of that side photo - yeah. Total Penguins. Boo.

Boo, indeed.

Were you saying "BOO?" or "BOO-urns?"

Were you saying "BOO?" or "BOO-urns?"

I was saying Boo-urns.

Do the teams have one manufacturer for the other parts of the uniform and equipment? #22 in the black is wearing CCM shorts, Reebok gloves and has a Nike stick; #61 in white is wearing Easton shorts and has Louisville TPS gloves and stick.

Save the slugalo.

Going though the images from the unveliling, are they keeping Wild Wing the same? That seems incredibly pointless. They should have changed his a look, at least a little, so people in the stands aren't constantly reminded about their old logo.

I'm really glad they're keeping him the same. Before he was really just acopy of their logo, but now he's something more; a representation of what they used to be, a bridge to the past...

Do the teams have one manufacturer for the other parts of the uniform and equipment? #22 in the black is wearing CCM shorts, Reebok gloves and has a Nike stick; #61 in white is wearing Easton shorts and has Louisville TPS gloves and stick.

Reebok makes all the jerseys, but equipment is left up to the preference of the individual player. Most, if not all of the players, have equipment sponsorship deals. Only in the junior leagues (The WHL, Junior 'A' leagues, etc) does the league have a single equipment provider.

Homer%20Simpson%20Sabres.jpg

Do the teams have one manufacturer for the other parts of the uniform and equipment?  #22 in the black is wearing CCM shorts, Reebok gloves and has a Nike stick; #61 in white is wearing Easton shorts and has Louisville TPS gloves and stick.

Reebok makes all the jerseys, but equipment is left up to the preference of the individual player. Most, if not all of the players, have equipment sponsorship deals. Only in the junior leagues (The WHL, Junior 'A' leagues, etc) does the league have a single equipment provider.

In junior do the players get to choose their own sticks/skates? Because that is a preference thing, unlike helmets, gloves, pants etc.

Archived