New Ducks Logos?

CC97

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply
71272189.jpg

They look much better as a full uniform, rather than just the jersey alone. I quite like the single orange stripe down the sides of the pants.

those do look like penguins jerseys with a hint of orange :angered: that pisses me off they coulda done better

ATL

71272189.jpg

They look much better as a full uniform, rather than just the jersey alone. I quite like the single orange stripe down the sides of the pants.

those do look like penguins jerseys with a hint of orange :angered: that pisses me off they coulda done better

Upon second viewing of that side photo - yeah. Total Penguins. Boo.

Boo, indeed.

Homer%20Simpson%20Sabres.jpg

71272189.jpg

yeah they look alot nicer than i expcted. I don't think anyone is going to get confused with this and the penguins jersey. If they do they are morons. The stripes and fonts may seem similar but are actual very different. The orange and bronze also make the jersey different form penguin unis. A051003_P13_CROSBY-V_V.JPG

From the side, the similarities are more prevalent :

71272189.jpgSidney%20Crosby-debut-10-5-05.jpg

i guess i can tell them apart. I guess that people that don't follow hockey that much or aren't really familiar with the penguins will get them mixed up. Since i am a penguin fan it might be easier for me to tell them apart

The numbering/font is very close to the Sens. Plus it won't matter when the Pens move and get new uniforms and logo's anyway. Here's to the Kansas City Pens or whatever they'll be called. Any concepts on here if Pit were to move? I doubt they'd keep the Pens name.

71272167.jpg

71272187.jpg

71272189.jpg

71272265.jpg

71272269.jpg

I know this is beating the dead horse, but this is basically Penguins 2.0. Meh. Downgrade.

Why is it that save for the World Cup kits, uniforms lately have been either "Meh" or "crap" or "Oregon Ducks OMG Crap". It's getting on my nerves, someone needs to release a decent looking idenity.

I think what bothers me most about the jerseys is that there is too much "negative space"- the wordmark/logo is long, but narrow, so there's a ton of space above and below it (which is probably why some of you said it looks rec league, like they just sewed a company logo on an existing template). Compare them to, say, the Oilers or the Sabres, where there's a large, central logo that balances the whole thing out. Instead, the wordmark almost makes it look like one of the MLB/NHL crossovers that you'd find on this board.

My guess is that, a year from now, they release an orange alt, which becomes very popular and eventually replaces the black shirt as the primary home (like Ottawa).

Having toyed around with it briefly with Microsoft Paint, the new logo will look utterly incomprehensible when it's shrunken down, like this :

ducks.gif

The dimensions of that picture are 49 x 40 pixels. In order to get the new logo the same width, the height would be something like 15 or 16 pixels.

Homer%20Simpson%20Sabres.jpg

The numbering/font is very close to the Sens. Plus it won't matter when the Pens move and get new uniforms and logo's anyway. Here's to the Kansas City Pens or whatever they'll be called. Any concepts on here if Pit were to move? I doubt they'd keep the Pens name.

LA LA LA Not Listening Not Listening LA LA LA The Penguins Still exist LA LA LA

Having toyed around with it briefly with Microsoft Paint, the new logo will look utterly incomprehensible when it's shrunken down, like this :

ducks.gif

The dimensions of that picture are 49 x 40 pixels. In order to get the new logo the same width, the height would be something like 15 or 16 pixels.

Like this? http://www.nhl.com/teams/index.html

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

The jerseys are too plain. They are simular to the pengs, and thats what i am going to think off everytime i see them now. There is no secondary logo, on the shoulders, and they used the "scripted" as their main logo. It seem like they put this together in 5 minutes. No crest, and not even a duck in sight lol. Like i said before this is a big time downgrade, horrible i tell you, horrible.

4kv29i.jpg

the jerseys don't look anything like the penguins!!!!!!!!

The arm stipse go up not down like on the penguins...the front and back stripes don't look anything like the penguins and the number font don't look anything alike.... plus the orange accent really clears things up...besides being black and having a shade of gold color thats about the only thin thats close...

I like it personally...maybe the logo could use some more of a "logo" and not wordmark but still...

spacer.png

ducks.gif

Like this? http://www.nhl.com/teams/index.html

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

WOW. Ugly, the new logo has already caused problems when it is shrunken down. Looks like a pile of crap among 29 other logos on that site...

I like the pants, the socks, and the numeral font. I don't care at all for the wordmark being the primary - and only - logo, nor do I care for the lack of green. I think that this is a decent, respectable look, but I find it to be no better than the former eggplant and jade. Nothing distinguishes this jersey from the pack. And far too little distinguishes the color scheme from Pittsburgh.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

ana38.gif

Oh come on thats easy to identify... :blink:

This kinda reminds me of the blue jays...sorry jays unveling... hell the word mark doesnt even say blue so they are just the jays get over it.... why is this the same... because there is no frigging logo... no shoulder patch just a wordmark that tells you what the team is... its as about as subtle as a kick to the crotch... i like the colours as a pens fan do i like the fact that they are tap dancing on our look not really I was really hoping for more of a green/orange combo like Miami Hurricanes but whatever jersey design is a solid meh... like the hints of orange if they are going that way... but come on lets get some kind of mascot on that :censored:ing jersey... hell just put the Webbed-D on t he shoulder just do something

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

If I were Anaheim, I'd be using the webbed "D" as a shoulder patch and chucking that up on the NHL logo site there.

Other than that, I have no problems with the change. Overall, I'd say this is an improvement over the former unis, and a step in the right direction to establishing their own identity as an NHL team as certainly detaching themselves from Disney and the movies for which they were originally named.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Archived