New Ducks Logos?

CC97

Everyone who thinks they look like the Pens needs to calm down. Just because they use the same colours dosn't mean they look like them. Do any of you think the Rangers look like the Canadiens? Besides, the Pens will probablly switch back to the double blue when they move to KC :P

All in all I like them. They're deffently better then the Disney sweaters/logos, so I say upgrade.

rangers where blue jerseys, red pants, red striping, blue helmets...

habs wear red jersey, blue pants, blue striping. blue helmets.

ducks wear black jerseys with metallic gold striping, black pants, and black helmets.

pens wear black jerseys with metallic gold striping, black pants, and black helmets.

:)

not really a good comparison.

Thank you, you saved me the time.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Comparing the Ducks to the Pens is like comparing the Oilers to the Islanders. Very similar color schemes, though you can tell them apart. The bronze is quite darker than the Pens' gold, and the Pens use more white in their home uni, so I really don't see that much of a similarity.

What I am observing is that 2 camps are popping up... those against the script logo and those against the "lack of uniqueness." What y'all need to realize is that these are unique BECAUSE of the script logo. No other team uses one, making it an actual unique package.

In terms of a lack of an alternate logo, with the upcoming switch to the tight jerseys, perhaps they're waiting to unveil one for those. Besides, they never had an alternate logo at the beginning of their existance.

The more I look at these, the more I like them.

VmWIn6B.png

The lack of green makes this very disappointing. The font for the numbers looks close to the font used on those NHL sigs like "It's time for a feeding frenzy" and "It's reigning in california" font with a little Avalanche like "wing" on the top of them.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

:cry: The aforementioned flying mallard as primary jersey crest would've ruled, as would have deep dark green base color instead of, ho hum, another all black NHL team . . . once AGAIN CCSLC's collective graphic sense is WAY ahead of the, ahem, so-called "pros". :therock:

"The Amazing Fabwell... Knows All... SEES All... Tells NOTHING!!

To me, the number font looks like a thicker version of the NHL All-Star jersey number font from 2000 and 2001.

Here's another wordmark:

p2280043dt.jpg

Better version of that wordmark:

p2280075dt.jpg

And another:

p2280464dt.jpg

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Any chance of a throwback alternate?

Seriously though, they are a little disappointing, but that's because it's a little hard to get over the old logos/ jerseys, in a childish sort of way. We all have things we'd like them to improve, but hey, that's why we have the concepts forum.

To me, the new logos and jerseys seem like the Jays new logos and jerseys. They are a different look from what we're used to, but eventually we'll get used to it and accept it.

They are okay, and while not everyone thinks so, we can all agree that they could be much worse. We should also appreciate the fact that thry are no longer called "Mighty".

Does anyone else think that this identity could be greatly improved if the team colors, in order of importance, went from this

ducks1.png

to this

ducks2.png

Seems to me a very dark green with that orange is much more dynamic and original than black and bronze.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Don't like the wordmark as the primary, but don't like the webbed D as a primary. I'd like to involve the animal a little bit more.

The orange could definitely use more emphasis, way too much vegas gold.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The orange could definitely use more emphasis, way too much vegas gold.

That's what I was thinking. There is an orange stripe, but it's hardly noticeable. I would have preferred to see more of it. After all, they do play in Orange County.

I saw, I came, I left.

Ugly.

Just move them to Winnipeg. Atleast the name would make sense there. (Hm... maybe I've caught on to their future plans.)

I wanted Miami-esque Orange and Green jerseys. Not Penguins rippoff Black and Gold with a tiny little strip of Orange and Green here and there.

Not to mention how ugly the logo is.

Atleast the Mighty Ducks looked good. And were Mighty. These uniforms are boring like their new name. The Ducks are dead in my eyes.

Oh, and Pittsburgh needs to go back to yellow instead of the goofy metallic gold they have now.

I have nothing against using a wordmark on a jersey and obviously could care less about shoulder patches. This wordmark however does not compare at all to the previous one found on the now old third jersey.

ANA_dggehfugf1ee8bfcaw9e.gif

ANA_8.gif

The old wordmark had much better proportion. The newer one looks extremely thin in the height department and doesn't fit very well on the jerseys. It looks like it was slapped on to an existing template ala some rec team league. It just doesn't fit that uniform at all. I just don't like the look of the new workmark on it's own either. It reminds me of Atlanta's "T" logo that really doesn't say or symbolise anything.

The uniforms themselves are really thin looking. The stripes are just not bold enough and don't have enough meat. That thin orange stripe on the pants looks lost or accidental and doesn't tie into the rest of the uniform.

There's a few uniforms in the NHL that I don't like personally but there's only a couple that really bother me to the point where I can't see any merit in them. This uniform falls in the latter category. I just can't find any characteristic of this identity that would fit into a good design philosophy. I know that sometimes a very different design will grow on people with time but this just isnt one of them. There's too many problems with this and there's nothing good here other than being new.

DEATH TO REEBOK

Archived