New Hornets uni's tonight

doafhat

The Hornets got specific permission from the NBA to wear the new Oklahoma City jerseys, in part because the Hornets will auction off the jerseys after the game, with the money going to Hoops for Homes, an initiative to rebuild homes damaged by Hurricane Katrina.

After Friday?s game each player will autograph his jersey, and those will be offered to the highest bidder through an online auction at www.hornets.com beginning at noon Saturday.

a14horn01.jpg

?It looks just normal,? said Hornet forward Desmond Mason. ?But the name change is significant. We still have feelings for New Orleans, but I think a lot of people will enjoy seeing that Oklahoma City jersey. I think a lot of people are going to want go out and buy these.?

http://newsok.com/article/1815447/?template=sports/main

I like the look of those. It's definitely better than putting Oklahoma City above the number. I like how Oklahoma is above the number and City is below it. That's cool how they're auctioning it off for the victims of Katrina, it shows that they still care about New Orleans.

I like the look of those. It's definitely better than putting Oklahoma City above the number. I like how Oklahoma is above the number and City is below it.

Yeah, I love 'em. Seeing Desmond Mason wearing them reminds me of when he played here for the Pokes back when Oklahoma State wore similar uniforms with 'Oklahoma' above the number and 'State' below.

desmondmason0eu.jpg

Those look great and Oklahoma City deserved them. I was surprised that they weren't wearing full OKC jerseys at home earlier in the season.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

And the full transition to OKC begins...

Exactly. Maybe I can go there in a couple years or so since it will be awhile til the Sprint Center gets a team. (Well, maybe the Sonics, but anyway)

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Ugh. FUGLY! What the hell is this? College basketball?

Don't mean to be a stickler or anything, but I think that was somewhat of the point. OK is a college ball crazy town, and the Hornets would want to keep that vibe of team spirit. I think that this is great, obviously, and needless to say, the Hornets should be playing in OKC for years to come. NO was not able to support the team before, and it is a shame that Katrina had to move the process along, but it was inevitable. Stern and the Hornets ownership should have realized that basketball in NO would never work again when it seemed that only 500 people showed up to one of the games @LSU. OKC is a basketball nuts town and gives the HOrnets a home court advantage, somthing they have never had before.

Love it. Glad they did it. Was really surprised, in this time of multiple throwback alts, etc. that they haven't done this from the beginning. If I were an Oklahoma resident, I'd be much more apt to purchase an Oklahoma City jersey than a Hornets one. Remember, it's all about sales.

Wait. Do people actually like the hornets jerseys? They are up there with the ugliest in NBA history, and among the worst in professional sports. EVER. I hope you all are applauding just the change to OK City, because these jerseys are a joke and if the hornets move again (and even if they don't) they need an immediate redesign.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Wait. Do people actually like the hornets jerseys? They are up there with the ugliest in NBA history, and among the worst in professional sports. EVER. I hope you all are applauding just the change to OK City, because these jerseys are a joke and if the hornets move again (and even if they don't) they need an immediate redesign.

I disagree. The hornets jerseys are really nice from a design perspective. Especially the whites.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

THey are better than the pinstripes on the tops, but not the bottoms as the inaugrual through which ever year ones featured. God those were terrible. I actually just thought about them, and got angry.

Seriously, now i know why im single. I need a life.

But these arent bad. The colors are ugly, but someone has to have ugly colors. That sounds dumb, but seriously, do we need another 3 tone blue team? Black or silver?? Or more recently, orange? (yes, on the orange.)

Why does it look like a college jersey? Because it halves the name under the number?

OKLAHOMA CITY. Dude thats 12 letters. You would have some nasty ass kerning if you fit all that above the numbers.

You are saying that, coming from the league that had the names under the numbers on the back for year in sacramento, and this year's all star game. The only design exclusive to the NBA is trendy and ugly.

I love the NBA! :therock:

Wahtever happens now Oklahoma City deserves its own NBA team the way they supported teh Hornets was impressive and shows that they are rready to go primetime.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Interesting that the patch was changed to "NOLA" on these jerseys.

I guess "NO" would look funny on a patch, but NOLA is an odd abbrevation too.

Well I guess they did that because New Orleans wasn't the only place that was hit by hurricane Katrina. Pretty much the whole state of Louisiana got hit pretty bad along with Mississippi. So it's good that the Hornets are recognizing New Orleans, along with the whole state of Louisiana. Mad props to the Hornets for this.

Wahtever happens now Oklahoma City deserves its own NBA team the way they supported teh Hornets was impressive and shows that they are rready to go primetime.

I'm sure the Commissioner will bring that up as he continues to shop around the Sonics and the Trail Blazers.

Archived