Annoying Sports Fans

MisterE

RiderFans1.jpg

Roughriders fans (in other words, all Saskatchewanites) are the most annoying people I've ever met. They're all loud and obnoxious. Every single one of 'em. They take the CFL waaaaaay the hell too seriously, being loyal fanatics to a fault.

Frankly I think they're all obsessed with it because there's nothing else to do in Saskatchewan.

The CFL is so lame, I can understand Sask. fans though, that team is probably their version of the green bay packers.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is this guy at Atlanta Thrashers games who always wears a rainbow wig and screams like a :censored: lunatic. Now that Robin Ficker (old Washington Bullets heckler) has hung them up, this guy may be at the head of this list.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

The two most annoying nights I've spend in an arena were both hockey games.

One night we had two Neanderthals behind us who only wanted violence. They kept screaming all night, complete with flying spitballs shooting over our heads, for people to "HIT HIIIIIMMMMMM!"

No hits or checks satisfied them either. The best checks of the night were greeted with, "Well,finally. That's what they are supposed to do" in a derisive, unsatisfied manner.Of course, the big hit left the D out of position and led to a goal against too. <_<

The other thing I can't stand is when 16-25 year old guys sit and cuss and swear every single sentence when sitting near some dad with a little kid about 3-7 years old. GET A FREAKIN' CLUE and have SOME CLASS. :mad:

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

The other thing I can't stand is when 16-25 year old guys sit and cuss and swear every sentance when sitting near some dad with a little kid about 3-7 years old. GET A FREAKIN' CLUE and have SOME CLASS.  :mad:

As the father of a 4-year-old, I couldn't agree more. The sad thing us that I'm sure the vast majority of us have been in this category at some point, because most of us have been young and clueless at some point, whether we want to admit it or not.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

The other thing I can't stand is when 16-25 year old guys sit and cuss and swear every sentance when sitting near some dad with a little kid about 3-7 years old. GET A FREAKIN' CLUE and have SOME CLASS.  :mad:

As the father of a 4-year-old, I couldn't agree more. The sad thing us that I'm sure the vast majority of us have been in this category at some point, because most of us have been young and clueless at some point, whether we want to admit it or not.

Yeah I can't deny that I curse, but I only do it around my friends and not even that often. They don't get offended. I don't curse around when I'm talking my parents or to any girls and I definitely don't curse around people who don't know me and I certainly would not curse around little kids. Back to the topic, I have a legitimate beef with the people who are sitting in the same row as you and walk by without saying excuse me. They just barge right by, not caring if they step on you shoes or if they knock any of your food down or anything. Either that or they usually say "move" and just expect you to move. Oh yeah and on top of all that, they will do that while the game is going on. Come on, show some class and at least have some common :censored: ing courtesy and respect for the people around you.

This is probably because I'm used to Philly fans, but it bothers me when I go to "family friendly" parks, where the fans don't really do anything. I wore an Angels jersey into Baltimore, and not one person said a word to me. I wore a Cardinals jersey to the Vet, and a guy wanted to fight me. I realize there's a difference in rivalries there, but still, you'd think someone would say something.

I also hate idiot hockey fans. When people just yell "shoot" on a powerplay, it bothers me a lot. If they don't have a lane to shoot, they're not going to shoot...is it that hard to grasp?

Bandwagon fans really bother me as well. If your team is bad, stick with em. It makes a championship that much sweeter.

This is probably because I'm used to Philly fans, but it bothers me when I go to "family friendly" parks, where the fans don't really do anything. I wore an Angels jersey into Baltimore, and not one person said a word to me.

Man, Gordo, you really have been conditioned by Philly fans. You more or less just said that it bothers you when people don't act like jackasses (or words to that effect).

This is probably because I'm used to Philly fans, but it bothers me when I go to "family friendly" parks, where the fans don't really do anything. I wore an Angels jersey into Baltimore, and not one person said a word to me.

Man, Gordo, you really have been conditioned by Philly fans. You more or less just said that it bothers you when people don't act like jackasses (or words to that effect).

Sort of, yes. I'm not saying that I want all fans to be asses, but they should at least have some passion while watching the game.

There is this guy at Atlanta Thrashers games who always wears a rainbow wig and screams like a  :censored: lunatic.  Now that Robin Ficker (old Washington Bullets heckler) has hung them up, this guy may be at the head of this list.

He may be closer to us than you think...

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=35738

That was kinda the joke I presume...

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

about 5 years ago we went to a Isles/Pens game, and we got seats in front these jerks and they would not stop yelling the entire game. we're trying to enjoy watching the game, and these guys would not shut up. every pass, every turn over, every shot they would be in my ear yelling. i was getting pissed, so i turned around and yelled at them to STFU. thankfully they shut up for the rest of the game.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

There is this guy at Atlanta Thrashers games who always wears a rainbow wig and screams like a  :censored: lunatic.  Now that Robin Ficker (old Washington Bullets heckler) has hung them up, this guy may be at the head of this list.

He may be closer to us than you think...

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=35738

That was kinda the joke I presume...

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding!!! We have a WINNER!!! :D

Funny how Philly and NYC fans always get a bad rap, yet it's not always deserved...

Case in point: Been to enough games in Philly where I've worn Mets or Rangers gear, yet I haven't gotten hassled.

Another case in point: Been to enough games at MSG, Nassau Coliseum, Yankee Stadium, & Shea Stadium...never had a problem (even wearing Rangers gear into Fishstick Central (aka the Nassau Mausoleum)..).

That's not to say I've had problems before at games...

I've gotten stuff thrown at me in Boston (at a Bruins/Rangers game) & Glens Falls (some little :censored: thought it'd be cute to toss a tub of nacho cheese at the visiting Danbury fans..guess who got hit? I didn't go totally ape...just got security to give the lil' bastages an early exit) and I've gotten cussed out by fans in Hershey & Elmira...normally I can deal with getting cussed out, but when someone does it in front of a little kid, THEN I have a problem (esp. the incident in Elmira, where this lady decided to drop an N-bomb in reference to one of the players for Danbury...needless to say I went off said idiot and got applauded by her fellow fans :lol: )

Basically, ya can't judge an entire fanbase on the actions of one or two idiots.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

I wore a Cardinals jersey to the Vet, and a guy wanted to fight me.

Now there's a good reason to fight with someone. Only in Philadelphia... :rolleyes:

Well, it was a few weeks after Rolen was sent to St. Louis. It was also Harry Kalas/Richie Ashburn bobblehead day. Rolen sat the game out, being it was his first game in Philadelphia after going to the Cards.

HatCity- you were cussed out in Hershey? That's odd. I had season tickets there last year, and those fans, many of which know nothing about the game, were some of the calmest fans I've seen, except when the Phantoms come to town.

My pet peeve are Red Sox bandwagoners. I'm talking about the guy in the brand new David Ortiz jersey saying things like I've always been with them, I'm so happy they finally won! It's such bull :censored: to me. I can't stand em.

You and I both. I've been a Red Sox fan since I was 6, and it's so annoying to watch these damn bandwagon hoppers. They can't name who the CF was prior to Damon (Carl Everett), they boo the crap outta Damon (even though he is one of the primary reasons these same fans "root" for the Sox, because of his popularity), and then talk about how cool they are because they went to a game at Fenway, even though can't tell you who the starting pitchers were. These are what I call "pink hat" Red Sox fans, people who started rooting for the Sox when it became "fashionable" to be a Sox fan, right after the 2004 WS.

HatCity- you were cussed out in Hershey? That's odd. I had season tickets there last year, and those fans, many of which know nothing about the game, were some of the calmest fans I've seen, except when the Phantoms come to town.

They usually are...went to quite a few games at the old barn and for the most part the folks were friendly.

The incident I referred to happened back in 1997-98, right after the Bears won their last Calder Cup...matter of fact, it was the first time Hartford came in to the HPA (seeing I was in York at the time, it was a quick ride up 83 (well, as quick as PENNDOT could make it :lol: )).

It was one of those nights where nothing was going right for the Bears...Marc Denis got torn apart by the Wolfpack and whoever the heck was his backup was at the time didn't do much better (I made a comment that the Avs could have sent Patrick Roy down and it wouldn't have mattered much :lol: ).

Start of the 3rd and Hartford's up 6-1 or something like that...during the warmups, I spotted Coco skating around near the Bears net, so I turned to a friend of mine and said "if Hartford gets a quick one, follow my lead"....not even a minute into the period, BOOM! Hartford scores. Right after the faceoff, I started a "PUT IN COCO! PUT IN COCO!" chant.

Most folks around me laughed, but this one fat guy stood up and started yelling at me..most of it starting with a very famous 4-letter word that rhymes with "duck". My group started chanting "SCOOOOOOREBOARD! SCOOOOOOOREBOARD!" at this twit...he kept on yammering and after a while, my friends and I got tired of mocking him, so we sat back and enjoyed the rest of the game.

At the end of the game (Hartford won it 8-2 or something like that), the same guy started in on me again...I looked and saw there were a group of kids right behind him. I commented that his choice of words wasn't exactly the greatest with little kids nearby. At that point, some of the Bears fans nearby told the guy to shut his yap in no uncertain terms and they were all apologetic afterwords. I brushed it off, saying I'd be back and that one idiot (which I said rather loudly...and I'm sure he heard me) wasn't gonna ruin my time.

And you're right about Bears fans getting worked up when the Phantoms come to town...went to a game at the HPA between the two teams during the height of the rivalry (97-98 season again)...on VALENTINE'S DAY no less. When you have a guy in a Phantoms jersey just going to get a snack and a Bears fan yells at him "Phantoms suck and so do you!" as the Philly fan walks by...yeah, it's heated.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

I'm going to throw Dodger fans on the list, because when you can't even go to the game out of fear of being shot by supporting the visiting team, there's a problem.

And that is why I refuse to go to Dodger Stadium to watch any interleague games against my Halos.

VmWIn6B.png

Archived