Annoying Sports Fans

MisterE

Have you ever had to sit nearby or in the same section with an annoying sports fan? Whether it be they know nothing about the sport, are obnoxious, or scream just a little too much at the umpire.

I went to a Peoria Chiefs baseball game when they were facing the Burlington Bees, in Burlington, IA. We were sitting in front of an entire group of people who swore they were seeing the KANSAS CITY Chiefs playing. One was calling up friends saying he was watching the Kansas City Chiefs play in Iowa against the Bees. I wonder what his friend was thinking as he mentioned this. I can't remember if anybody finally managed to tell these guys they were seeing Minor League Baseball and not the NFL.

I also have many stories to tell about ThunderStix giveaway night. :wacko:

Just looking for some of your own stories and C&C.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once at a Bengals game we sat behind Browns fans.

We heckled them, they heckled us, but was all in good fun.

Another time at a Bengals game, we had seats in front of a whole row of drunk guys, they kept hittin our seats with there hands, at random parts of the game.

The worst one, for me, was at a Cincy Bearcats basketball game. There was a UAB fan(we were playin UAB) sittin next to all UC fans and he basically told the whole section his life story and how he went to UAB.

2 weeks ago, as a matter of fact. In Philadelphia, of all places. ;)

My wife scored 4 primo seats at CBP through work. Right behind home plate, about 25 rows up (just before the Diamond Club seats start... *drools*). We went with one of the other docs in her group to the game against the Marlins.

We get there, and these 4 douchenozzles sat behind us. They chattered drunkenly non-stop for 4 :censored: innings. Not quite about the game - they were making (literally) 10- and 25-cent wagers about things that were barely game-related: whose hat would fall off running to make a catch, which pitcher would give up an opposite field double first, and so on. When that got boring (and I can't imagine how it did), they started b*tching about wanting to go to a strip club. So :censored: go already! Quit talking about it - you're all middle-aged drunks, you paid to get into the game, if you want to leave halfway through, be my guest. Just stop leaning forward in my ear and forcing me to listen to your asinine ramblings that I don't care about.

Fortunately, they staggered out after the 5th, so we could enjoy the rest of the game in relative sanity.

Normally, I'll give a pass to fans of the opposing team, if they're just there rooting. I've been to enough games on the road to support my teams, and I have no problem rooting them on without being (overly) obnoxious (at times) about it. And I am the first to defend Philadelphia fans against the tired cliches the rest of the world likes to toss around about us. But these guys weren't belligerent or confrontational. Just painfully boring and right in my ear.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Another time at a Bengals game, we had seats in front of a whole row of drunk guys, they kept hittin our seats with there hands, at random parts of the game.

The worst one, for me, was at a Cincy Bearcats basketball game. There was a UAB fan(we were playin UAB) sittin next to all UC fans and he basically told the whole section his life story and how he went to UAB.

have you ever had someone tell you to sit down at a Bengals game. That happened to me three years ago when the bengals were about to beat the Kansas City Chiefs who were 9-0 at the time and this fat dude behind me tells me to sit down. You can watch the game sitting down at home buddy.

PvO6ZWJ.png

There's a local high school we played last season in basketball at a tournament who brought either a father or an assistant coach who sat at halfcourt opposite the bench. He yelled the craziest things at the most obnoxious volumes for the entire game. "BOX OUUUUUTTT!!!" "DON'T LET 'IM BRREEEAAATHE!!!" Et cetera, et cetera. I listened to a radio broadcast of one of that school's regional games, and sure enough, the same exact voice was overpowering the radio announcers on every play.

The best feeling ever is watching your team drain clutch free throws when somebody from the other team whistles as the ball is released, trying to psyche out the shooter.

I have 3 stories 2 happened yesterday at the sens/sabres game we all got those thunder sticks and i was just hitting mine together and the guy behind me asks me to stop holding them and put them under my seat because he couldnt see, the wrost part was he had his sticks out in full gear smacking the crap outta them and im sure the guy behiond him couldnt see.

Then there wazs this emo couple sitting in front of my and my day and would always look back when i was screaming this got me ticked off (of course) then the jerk stands up in the middle of a powerplay looking for something in his jacket, because we all know you absolutely have to stand up to go through your pockets.

Then a few months ago at the sens/thrashers game there were a group of 11 year old leafs fan who got into a fight with the handicapped guy sitting next to me, he was clearly mentally ill and they had the nerver to call him retard and that he knew nothing. They then started saying how dominik hasek was old (which he is) but so is belfour I told them that and they say that i was wrong and hes 31 :rolleyes: . the worst hockey fans (if you can even call them that) I've ever seen.

Hi, how are you?

Back on topic. Me and my friend went to a New York Giants game back in 2004. I went because they were playing the Browns. I think I was the only Browns fan in my section. Anyway that's besides the point. For most of the game the Giants were killing the Browns. It was 27-3 in the 4th quarter when Jeff Garcia threw deep to Quincy Morgan. It was defensive pass interference and the Browns got the ball at about the Giants' 7 yard line. Shortly after that the Browns scored. Me and my friend had great seats in the upper deck when all of a sudden, beer bottles start raining down like crazy onto the lower deck and field where the cameramen were. It was like that for a few minutes. In our section maybe about 10-15 rows behind us a fight broke out. Man, everyone turned around and watched the fight, the game was basically over anyway. I just don't understand why some people feel the need to get drunk and fight in public like that. Those kinds of people I can't stand.

have you ever had someone tell you to sit down at a Bengals game. That happened to me three years ago when the bengals were about to beat the Kansas City Chiefs who were 9-0 at the time and this fat dude behind me tells me to sit down. You can watch the game sitting down at home buddy.

I was at that game!!

Peter Warrick returned that Punt for a td and did that sweet spin move.

(we were playin UAB)

Wow, I didn't know you played for the WildCats!

No, but I think he is a fan of the Bearcats. I don't know what Villanova/Arizona/Kentucky/Kansas State have to do with anything, though.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

Nothing is worse than when the Red Sox come to Jacobs Field. Red Sox fans are easily the most annoying fans in all of sports. Every strike called against a Red Sox batter is the worst call they've ever seen. Every ball called on a Red Sox pitcher is "home cooking." God forbid if a batter is thrown out by less than 25 feet on their way to first. If a Red Sox batter strikes out swinging it's because he had no choice with the HUGE strike zone the ump is giving Indians pitchers. Win or lose they are positively insufferable. When they aren't bitching about the game they're bitching about how bad the food is, how Cleveland can't compare to Boston, how slow the vendors are etc. Needless to say I no longer go to Red Sox games at the Jake. I used to think it would be great to go to Fenway for a game but if their fans are that bad on the road then I can't even imagine how miserable a park filled with those idiots would be.

BB52Big.jpg

A friend of mine tells the story about how his son was playing in a youth basketball game (sixth-graders, I believe), and one fan was giving the ref (there was only one, and it was a high school kid) so much grief that the fan drew a T. The fan got only more wild and the ref threw the fan out. Then the fan went ballistic, and his kid started crying.

As my friend said, "It's too bad for the kid. It's not his fault that his dad's an ---hole."

Archived