people you know that have a famous name

Eye

The guy I replaced as sports editor of our college paper was named Gregory Peck. (He once got a letter to the editor about a column of his with the PS: "Say Hi to John Wayne and Jimmy Stewart."

One of the medical students on my service in the hospital this past year was also Gregory Peck. That guy's everywhere - and he graduates med school next week! Better still, one of his classmates is LaToya Jackson... I :censored: you not.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There was the kid a few grades ahead of me that use to go to my school, and he was the paper boy, his name was michael/mike myers.

Forgot about that one. I have a coworker named Michael/Mike Myers.

I go to school with a kid named Austin Powers, Everyone laughs when they call his name. He has Austin Powers glasses too. I think he lives in my neighbor hood.

DRew

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

I worked with a guy Robert Smith, who was not the lead singer of the band The Cure.

I presume this co-worker of yours also did not play running back for the Minnesota Vikings, then retire to go to medical school?

lg_smith_ap-01.jpg

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

A lot of those names are fairly common, and you're bound to know somone by that name, eventually.

The company I used to work for had 24,000 employees, seven of which were named Mike Smith.

None of those were the same Mike Smith I went to high school with.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

I worked with a guy Robert Smith, who was not the lead singer of the band The Cure.

I used to play cricket with a guy Paul Kelly, which is also the name of one of the (AFL MVP Award) Brownlow Medallists and the name of one of my favorite musicians.

As in Paul Kelly and Messengers? There's a name I haven't heard in a while.

Actually, two very good music references in this one.

Yep, the same. He still plays occasionally.

But not with the Messengers any more.

As for Robert Smith, Vandy, unless the Robert Smith who played for the Vikings was a 40 year old White Australian guy with Red hair, then no, it was someone else.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

A kid at a local high school has the name Arsenio Hall. I announced at basketball games and it was tough not to say his name like it was said at the beginning of the Arsenio Hall Show.

I have a good friend, Steve Miller. He is also a musician (indie hip-hop) and therefore had to pick a stage name. Unsung - check him out on MySpace.

I also went to high school with a kid named Corey Hart. Not sure if he wore his sunglasses at night or not.

I think, ladies and gentlemen, I may have upped the ante.

Today I had an appointment at an office, and they listed the staff on the In/Out board.

There, in all his glory was Pat Cummings.

So I nodded to it to the receptionist. "Pat Cummings, I know a Pat Cummings from America. (pause) He's a Graphic Designer." (Do a member search for "pcgd")

The receptionist said "Pat's not in, she has Friday's off."

In these forums, there's virtually no more famous a name.

OK, perhaps Creamer. Maybe Mings, I don't know.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

The receptionist said "Pat's not in, she has Friday's off."

I'm a boy...

Yeah, I know YOU are, but the lady with the same name as you apparently isn't.

Are you sure either way?

21m.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived