NFL: No More Gary Glitter

Bleujayone

What a joke how many people even know who Gary Glitter is all there is is that song.

Yeah, what a joke. How many people know about Napoleon's invasion of Russia...

. . . all there is the pastry and the movie about the dorky kid from Idaho with the weird family.

And the ice cream flavor... ( ;) )

I thought that was Neapolitan. I could be wrong.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I vote that the Patriots replace it with the Barney theme song or something else equally degrading...

of course I don't really like the Patriots, so that's why I vote that way.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

What a joke how many people even know who Gary Glitter is all there is is that song.

Yeah, what a joke. How many people know about Napoleon's invasion of Russia...

. . . all there is the pastry and the movie about the dorky kid from Idaho with the weird family.

And the ice cream flavor... ( ;) )

I thought that was Neapolitan. I could be wrong.

It is... I was afraid that would happen. I was trying to play the stupid, naive American stereotype.

... Anyways... That Gary Glitter... what a weirdo... :huh:

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

They should just use that weird ripoff of "Rock 'N Roll Pt. 2" that the Buck-A-Day Computer Co. used back about 5-10 years ago. The one that ended with the really terrible actors yelling "YAY! A BUCK A DAY!"

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Using 1812 overture would be very cool, I hope that wins. In green Bay they use Todd Rundgren's I dont want to work. That's an awesome song for after a TD, and Im pretty sure other teams use it as well.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

How about sending someone out to record a new version of "Rock & Roll Part 2" so they can say it isn't Gary Glitter's song?  :P

The Alpphabet City All-Stars did a cover of that song back in 1999 after the Broncos won their second Super Bowl and it's on the Broncos Super Bowl XXXIII CD.

It's pretty good actually, I like it, they also did a cover of 'We Are The Champions'

You can listen to it HERE!

How about sending someone out to record a new version of "Rock & Roll Part 2" so they can say it isn't Gary Glitter's song?   :P

The Alpphabet City All-Stars did a cover of that song back in 1998 after the Broncos won their second Super Bowl and it's on the Broncos Super Bowl XXXIII CD.

It's pretty good actually, I like it, they also did a cover of 'We Are The Champions'

You can listen to it HERE!

Man, that's about as horrible as the officiating in 33.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

I went to the Patriots website and tried to vote for Black Betty by Ram Jam as the Pats new TD song. I don't think it even took my vote (probably because Ram Jam isn't on the NFL soundtrack).

Every team should use this song for TDs, turnovers, first downs, times out, ends of quarters and anything else they can think of.

I was watching the 'Skins-Patriots game tonight and the Patriots used Elevation by U2 after Maroney scored.

But after watching the score I came to a realization, "Do the Patriots even need a TD song?" I think the muskets work quite well by themselves.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

I was watching the 'Skins-Patriots game tonight and the Patriots used Elevation by U2 after Maroney scored.

But after watching the score I came to a realization, "Do the Patriots even need a TD song?" I think the muskets work quite well by themselves.

The only thing I hear playing at Gilette Stadium is "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns n Roses....

I'm declaring shenanigans on this whole deal - I was just watching the Jacksonville-Tampa Bay game and after the Jags scored, they played Rock & Roll Part 2 on the PA. Granted, didn't sound like the Glitter version, but it's definitely that song.

This myth appears to be busted - unless someone's got a link that proves otherwise.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Here ya go....

Boston Globe (2nd story down)

The NFL asks teams to ban golden oldie

Believe it or not, Gary Glitter's conviction on child molestation charges could have consequences for Patriots fans. The former glam rocker is so disgraced that the National Football League is asking teams to refrain from playing his popular anthem "Rock and Roll Pt. 2" on game day. "We've communicated to the teams that due to current events we'd like them not to play the song," NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy confirmed yesterday. "The reaction has been overwhelmingly positive. Teams understand the reason for the request." Glitter, 62, whose given name is Paul Francis Gadd, was sentenced to three years in a Vietnamese prison for committing obscene acts with two underage girls. Pats spokesman Stacey James said the team was considering removing the song even before the league made its request. He added that the Pats are reviewing music options that would give the club a "unique" identity.

Sports Central

...League spokesman Brian McCarthy told E! Entertainment News that the NFL is discouraging teams from playing "Rock and Roll Part 2" this season in light of Glitter's latest pedophilic conviction. "Most of the teams understand the reasons, and ultimately, it's their decision, but we encourage them not to play it," McCarthy told E! Online.

Charlotte Observer (also second story down)

Thanks, Gary Glitter. Because the buffoonish and creepy Glitter was convicted of child sexual abuse earlier this year, his iconic ?Rock and Roll, Part 2? has been banned from NFL stadiums. Some teams have responded to this by offering online polls, asking fans to pick a new post-touchdown celebration song. For example, in Kansas City, fans have chosen the rock-heavy BOOM by POD.

The Panthers have opted to bring back their goofy ?Stand and Cheer? fight song. It?s sure to be a hit with Bank of America Stadium?s pink slacks and sweater vest-wearing, Dom-sipping third-level suite crowd, but for us average folk? Better cut off beer sales at halftime. ...

Contact Music

GLITTER'S ANTHEM PULLED FROM US FOOTBALL STADIUMS

Disgraced British rocker GARY GLITTER's sports anthem ROCK + ROLL PART 2 is to be removed from the playlists at America's football stadiums following protests from fans. National Football League (NFL) officials have chosen to advise all teams to cease playing the tune after learning the song's 62-year-old author is a convicted paedophile. NFL officials hope the governing bodies of other sports like baseball and basketball follow their lead and ban the song.

Wikipedia

Sports Law Blog

Chiefs Planet

JoBlo.com

KFFL

EA Forum

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

I'm declaring shenanigans on this whole deal - I was just watching the Jacksonville-Tampa Bay game and after the Jags scored, they played Rock & Roll Part 2 on the PA. Granted, didn't sound like the Glitter version, but it's definitely that song.

This myth appears to be busted - unless someone's got a link that proves otherwise.

I heard it too during the JAX-TB game on CBS, after the Jags scored a TD before going for 2 points to tie it 11-11.

Archived