Bill Belichick

Grish

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I propose the Landry rule. All coaches need to wear a suit and fedora and during cold games trench coats. Extra points for a coach who wears a suit jacket with the team logo like Hank Stram.hankstram.jpg

Didn't the coach of the 49ers want to wear a suit but was turned down by the NFL?

I propose the Landry rule. All coaches need to wear a suit and fedora and during cold games trench coats. Extra points for a coach who wears a suit jacket with the team logo like Hank Stram.

Didn't the coach of the 49ers want to wear a suit but was turned down by the NFL?

I was thinking that same thing. They won't allow a coach to look professional and wear a suit, but they let coaches dress like homeless people.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I was thinking that same thing. They won't allow a coach to look professional and wear a suit, but they let coaches dress like homeless people.

I college basketball, the coaches wear suits that have lapel pins with the logo from their sneaker company of choice. The NFL should have let the 49ers coach do that (it is Mike Nolan, right?).

I think it is funny that Billichick does this because it makes the NFL look ridiculous.

I propose the Landry rule. All coaches need to wear a suit and fedora and during cold games trench coats. Extra points for a coach who wears a suit jacket with the team logo like Hank Stram.hankstram.jpg

Mike Tice also wanted to do that when he was with the Vikings, but was turned down. He once made a big deal in a NFL Films piece about being the only coach to have that he was allowed to wear a tie on the sidelines in his contract:

tice_mike040621.jpg

Say what you will about the Tice regime in Minnesota - at least he looked like a coach...

Moose

For anyone who doesnt pay attention to the NFL or the Patriots, Bill is not a loud or outgoing person. He doesnt like attention and his attire matches that perfectly. It's become sort of his trademark (that and winning). But I guess you're stupid if you wear a sweatshirt, thats what it's all about really. Superbowl rings dont mean a thing in the NFL... Oh Wait.....

Why do stupid people pay attention to how someone dresses?

If he wants to go naked, let him, what do you care?

Why isn't anyone commenting on how he changed his complete scheme because he was facing a though running defense. What did he do? He passed on 75% of the plays. He won 31-7.

Talk about his decisions, not his attire. Stop being what the stupid capitalists want you to be.

Why do stupid people pay attention to how someone dresses?

If he wants to go naked, let him, what do you care?

Why isn't anyone commenting on how he changed his complete scheme because he was facing a though running defense. What did he do? He passed on 75% of the plays. He won 31-7.

Talk about his decisions, not his attire. Stop being what the stupid capitalists want you to be.

Because this website is devoted to sports logos and uniforms.

buffalo_sig.png

For anyone who doesnt pay attention to the NFL or the Patriots, Bill is not a loud or outgoing person. He doesnt like attention and his attire matches that perfectly. It's become sort of his trademark (that and winning). But I guess you're stupid if you wear a sweatshirt, thats what it's all about really. Superbowl rings dont mean a thing in the NFL... Oh Wait.....

I know that's the perception, but I think that dressing like a slob is itself about attracting attention.

Nothing wrong with that, every successful person has an ego, but I don't like pretending that he's somehow above such concerns. That I don't buy.

The fact that he wins only makes the fact that he looks homless more troublesome, as he attracts even more attention. Just as the NBA now has a dress policy for players, the NFL obviously needs one for coaches. These people are ambassadors of the league and are the public face of the league. They should dress in a manner commensurate with that status.

Archived