New Leafs logo coming?

DEAD!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not to go off topic but I got a kick out of this piece from same article:

SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY: Most Toronto hockey fans are all too aware of who Marian Hossa is, especially after his hat trick against the Leafs Thursday. But not a certain waiter in Atlanta.

Out for a dinner with friends recently, Hossa was asked by the waiter what he did for a living.

Hossa replied, "I play for the Atlanta Thrashers."

"Who are the Thrashers?" asked the waiter.

"They're the hockey team ? the Atlanta Thrashers hockey team," Hossa explained.

"Oh ... what's hockey?" asked the waiter.

If anyone is wondering why hockey is in trouble in some parts of the U.S., Hossa's little episode might serve as exhibit A.

:D

As for the new leafs logo, it shouldn't be too drastic of a change. Probably if anything a sleek modernization.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

not to go off topic but I got a kick out of this piece from same article:

SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY: Most Toronto hockey fans are all too aware of who Marian Hossa is, especially after his hat trick against the Leafs Thursday. But not a certain waiter in Atlanta.

Out for a dinner with friends recently, Hossa was asked by the waiter what he did for a living.

Hossa replied, "I play for the Atlanta Thrashers."

"Who are the Thrashers?" asked the waiter.

"They're the hockey team ? the Atlanta Thrashers hockey team," Hossa explained.

"Oh ... what's hockey?" asked the waiter.

If anyone is wondering why hockey is in trouble in some parts of the U.S., Hossa's little episode might serve as exhibit A.

Okay, I really don't think an @$$-hat for a waiter gets to be the spokesperson for the entire region. I'd give someone a Mulligan if they aren't too familiar with the local team- especially if they don't follow the sport. But not being aware of what hockey even is- I'd say that person would have to be living under a rock. That would be like asking "What's rock music?", "What are motion pictures?", or What are hot dogs?". You don't have to listen, watch or eat them to know what they are.

Besides, given the social interaction necessary in the occupation of being a waiter, it would be helpful if A) he could be aware of the local sports teams even if he didn't know the players or records, or B) Keep his mouth shut and not ask such dumb questions like "What's hockey"?, or C) Humor his patrons and pretend that he's aware of such things. I'm not saying waiters should have a plethora of trivia standing by, it would helpful if they at least had the appearance of awareness of the world around the,

I am also interested to know what kind of restaurant this conversation took place in. Just so I can avoid such places that hire morons for wait staff.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

newleafslogo2.png

You saw it here first (just a guess, not inside info).

It SHOULD be the retro one in your sig. It's more vertical, which goes along with the slimmer, more vertically style unis.

And besides that, it's simply cooler.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

newleafslogo2.png

You saw it here first (just a guess, not inside info).

I hope not. No offense.

When they say new Leafs logo, I hope they mean old Leafs logo. When they say modernization, I hope they really mean retro. I'm intrigued to see what the new logo will look like, but at the same time, I'm afraid it will suck.

The Leafs have not been great since the 60's. They'd be better off going with one of those logos, than one designed in an era when, on average, they've been mediocre at best.

No offense taken to anyone who didn't like the logo I posted. I based it off of something I saw in the background of a Sundin interview in the Leafs' locker room. Interestingly, it's based off of the leaf used in the early draft of the Canadian flag.

201px-Flag_of_Canada_1964.png

I'm just hoping they change the font in the logo. That is unless they're gonna go back to that font for the numbers.

I think it looks stupid to have such a fun rounded font for the logo and names but a block font for numbers.

The Leafs are a team who I'm kind of looking forward to seeing what the new uniforms do for them. I don't think the league or the Leafs are stupid enough to completely mess with their look, and right now their look has a good base but so many stupid little nuances. I'm hoping this change might streamline the nuances.

Some people wouldn't realise this but there are in fact two Ballard-era Leafs logos (which Chris pointed out to me awhile ago). The change happened in the early 80's and all the alteration was was that the lines were made straighter. I just woke up so I just read this now and I have to say I'm a little nervous... If ANYTHING I can see this new logo looking closer to the slightly curvy one of the 70's.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I'm just hoping they change the font in the logo. That is unless they're gonna go back to that font for the numbers.

I think it looks stupid to have such a fun rounded font for the logo and names but a block font for numbers.

The Leafs are a team who I'm kind of looking forward to seeing what the new uniforms do for them. I don't think the league or the Leafs are stupid enough to completely mess with their look, and right now their look has a good base but so many stupid little nuances. I'm hoping this change might streamline the nuances.

I don't like the fun-font on the logo and names. The Maple Leafs circa '94 had a rounded block-letter font for the nameplates. Bring that back for the crest and names.

I hope the Leafs go back to the retro logo. Wouldn't mind seeing the 1967 Centennial Leafs logo return either. :)

Is the new logo posted anywhere? Probably not but I thought I would ask.

Also, is there a site that has these new style hockey jersey that I can go to?

A question for CMU.. Did I create the Flags logo for you or was it for someone else?

Archived