NFL teams that haven't yet done monochrome

boardname

I'm trying to figure out what monocrome combos are still left that we haven't seen, now that so many teams have gone that route. Obviously, there's a few teams that don't (yet) have that option, like the Steelers and Packers with yellow pants and no yellow jersey, or the Giants and Raiders with silver/gray pants and no similar jersey.

(Monochrome meaning all color, not all white).

Here's what I've come up with off the top of my head, am I missing any?

AFC East: none. they've all done it. Ugh.

AFC North: 2 that have, 2 that can't.

AFC South: IND can't, others have all done it. I suppose you could count the Jags teal/teal, but until I see those teal pants exist on more than just a style guide, I don't count it.

AFC West: Chiefs red/red, SD/DEN have done it, OAK can't.

NFC East: Redskins maroon/maroon, PHI's done it, NYG/DAL can't.

NFC North: Vikings purple/purple, CHI's done it, DET/GB can't.

NFC South: 2 that have, 2 that can't.

NFC West: 3 that have done it, SF can't.

So I'm left with Chiefs, Redskins, and Vikings. That's it, right?

Which makes my final count, of 32 teams:

Have done it: 18 - NYJ/NE/BUF/MIA/BAL/CIN/TEN/HOU/JAX/SD/DEN/PHI/CHI/ATL/NO/STL/SEA/ARZ

Have yet to: 3 - KC/WAS/MIN

Can't: 11 - PIT/CLE/OAK/NYG/DAL/DET/GB/TB/CAR/SF/IND

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

So I'm left with, Colts, Chiefs, Redskins, and Vikings. That's it, right?

Colts can't. They don't have Blue pants; although they did for a season - 1995.

You're right. I always remember that Jim Harbaugh year for some reason. I wish they'd bring those back.

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

You're right. I always remember that Jim Harbaugh year for some reason. I wish they'd bring those back.

Side note: my wife went out with Jim Harbaugh once...she could care less about sports, so he didn't know what to do when conversation turned to something other than football.

He called her a number of times afterwards, but she didn't want to go out with him again.

Instead, she married me - Pantone Boy.

Neat.

So I'm left with Chiefs, Redskins, and Vikings. That's it, right?

well, technically the Vikes DID wear all purple for one game in the early 60's becuase of the Lions bringing the wrong uiforms. Apparently they looked so bad, they ditched the purple pants so it would never happen again, and it took them about 40 years to wear purple pants again.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I thought the Chiefs have worn red/red or white/white before. I may be mistaking though. Personally I wouldn't be against white/white, but red/red for the Chiefs...ahhhh!

As the author wrote, he's not including white/white combos. red/red has never happened (recently at least)

Side note: my wife went out with Jim Harbaugh once...she could care less about sports, so he didn't know what to do when conversation turned to something other than football.

He called her a number of times afterwards, but she didn't want to go out with him again.

Neat.

lol, you owned Jim Harbaugh.

You are now added to my list of heroes. :notworthy:

On Topic: Judging by the Priest Holmes McFarlane Malfunction, I think the Chiefs would look meh. As meh as monochrome gets. The Vikings would look like garbage, and the Redskins doing it would be sacreligious.

That's a pretty exhaustive list you posted. Kudos.

Considering that the Redskins traditionally wear white over maroon except when playing in Dallas (basically), can't their all-white look be added to the list? While all-white road teams seem to be excluded (and with good reason), it seems like the Redskins in all-white qualify as monochrome.

Just one opinion.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

all-white qualify as monochrome.

Just one opinion.

Here's another. All-white counts as monochrome because, like all-black (or all green in the Jets case) it's still ONE color (which is the definition of the term).

Those that say all-white shouldn't be included as monochromatic are wrong.

sig1.gif

all-white qualify as monochrome.

Just one opinion.

Here's another. All-white counts as monochrome because, like all-black (or all green in the Jets case) it's still ONE color (which is the definition of the term).

Those that say all-white shouldn't be included as monochromatic are wrong.

I get your point, but for plenty of teams, they're not intentionally dressing up all-white. It just happens to be their road uniform (a dwindling amount of teams, it seems). I see where you could say the Colts in all-white isn't a monochromatic in the same way that the Bills, Rams, Bears or others that went all solid color for the first time their history starting a few years back. That's why I think the Redskins in all white should count, because it is a deviation from their normal home attire.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Neat.

This version would have been funnier:

"She called him a few times, but Jim never picked up the phone. Turns out, Harbaugh just couldn't find the receiver."

Just sayin'....

Neat.

This version would have been funnier:

"She called him a few times, but Jim never picked up the phone. Turns out, Harbaugh just couldn't find the receiver."

Just sayin'....

...........wow..........that was smooth.......... :D:D

I just wanna do hoodrat things with my friends.

No, I agree, all-white should not count, as white is not a color when it comes to pigments. White is the absence of color.

By that logic, then, what are the teams colors for teams like the Colts and Jets? They list their colors as green/white and royal/white, respectively. The only team I can think of that doesn't list white as a team color is Oakland (who nevertheless wears a white jersey much of the time, and has white in their socks and as a color in their logo). Every other team lists white as one of their official team colors (PANTONE: kindly verify if you get a moment). That for certain teams an all-white monochrome look is inevitable (like the Colts) doesn't make them less monochrome.

All that being said, I think we're losing the original point in a quest for semantics. Since you can't say "team color monochromes" or simply "monochromes" because white is a team for 31 of the 32 NFL teams, can we all agree to work under the convention that was established at the outset? If you want to call them "dark team color monochromes" or "non-white monochromes", so be it. But we all know the point that is trying to be made here, so let's not digress more by belaboring this point any further.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Lots of teams don't list White as a team color, but is present in their color scheme nonetheless.

My policy (and I DO think about this very subject quite a bit) is to list White along with the other colors, as long as it actually exists in either their logo(s) or in a portion of their uniform. For the Raiders, here's what I list:

OaklandRaiders_FRC_9999_SOL.jpg

The only two franchises I can really come up with as NOT having White in their color schemes are the Greensboro Grasshoppers (of the South Atlantic League), and the Vancouver Canucks - the "V" uniforms. However, the Canucks DID have White in their primary logo, so I've put it in there.

Greensboro Grasshoppers:

GreensboroGrasshoppers_FRC_9999_SOL.jpg

I'm sure there are more; if any of you have any "candidates", let me know.

Technically, I'm nearly certain that the Eagles haven't gone monochrome since the uniform update in '03. They've gone green/black/green, but not green/green/green.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived