CCSLC Final Four 2007

Nick 1733

mainlogo01.gif

The Official CCSLC Final Four Concept Tournament for 2007

Overview

Each round will last one week and voting for each round will last for three days. After that time the eliminated participants will be revealed and the next round's task will be announced.

Rules

There will be 32 participants total. There are four brackets, divided into eight participants per bracket. Each bracket will be given a specific design task, and each bracket's task will be different from the others.

Participants will then go head to head against someone in their own bracket (participants will be placed in brackets and ranked by me and the match-ups will be done anonymously) and voting will determine the winner of each match-up. This will continue through each round until a champion is named. The name of each designer will be revealed as he/she is eliminated from the tournament, except for the final four where those who make it that far will not be revealed until the tournament is over.

Any registered board member that joined before January 1st, 2007 may enter.

It is suggest that entrants have Illustrator, Inskape, Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or some quality design software. Those who use Paint may enter but are advised that they most likely will not fair well.

All entries must be your own original work. You may not use anyone else?s work for any part of your entry. The exception is you may use existing logos and images if it is part of that task's criteria.

I will serve as referee, and will answer any questions about rules and task criteria. Questions must be asked, and will be answered, within this thread. I will not respond to PMs, IM's or personal emails about an event until it ends.

Anyone caught cheating or otherwise compromising the integrity of the CCSLC FINAL FOUR will be disqualified, stripped of awards and/or banished from future participation.

Submitting Entries

Entries must be emailed to ccslcfinalfour@yahoo.com prior to the set deadline. Subject line should be the round number. Once you submit your entry, it is considered final.

Entries must be submitted as .jpg, .gif or .png formats. File name format is: round#_bracket_yourname.jpg (Ex: 1_Midwest_Nick 1733.jpg).

Do not include your name or any other personal identifiers on your submission. Also, do not watermark your work. I will add a watermark to each entry before they get posted for voting. I will also provide each entry with a seed number. You are expected to keep the identity of your entry anonymous until the end of the event. If you think you know the identity of another designer, keep it to yourself. Anyone who exposes the identity of themselves or anyone else will be DQ?d.

Voting

Voting is open to all board members who were registered prior to January 1st, 2007. This is to ensure no one is voting for themselves under an alternate login.

Members may vote once for each match-up and may not vote in their own bracket (I?ll know if you did, and will not count your vote within that bracket... however your votes in the other three brackets will still be counted). You may not disclose the identity of any of the designers of the entries.

From the final four on, entrants still in the tournament may not vote at all.

Basically vote for which one for each match-up you think is the best. There will be seeding, so vote like this:

(Northwest bracket set up like: seeds #1 vs #8, #2 vs #7, #3 vs #6, #4 vs #5)

Northwest Bracket: 1, 7, 6, 4 ---- Vote in the same style for each bracket.

Awards

All participants who advance will be given an award banner graphic depending on how far they advance... 1 Champion (gold), 1 Runner-Up (silver), 2 Final Four (blue), 4 Elite Eight (red).

ROUND 1 RESULTS

NORTHWEST BRACKET
# 1 2 3 T
2 20 10 4 84
3 13 13 7 72
6 2 8 14 36
1 0 4 9 17
4 0 0 1 1
5 0 0 0 0

NORTHEAST BRACKET
# 1 2 3 T
2 15 11 10 77