CCSLC Final Four 2007

Nick 1733

are you taking the first 32, or the best 32?

Honestly, I hope to get the best 32 willing to participate. I'll add everyone that wants to join, then select the best 32 of the field on February 28th and announce it on the 1st of March.

It's not hard to find concepts done by each person who want's to participate, and then there are others who I already know and don't have to look them up to know they fall into the 'top 32' much like yourself Joel.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The topic of taking the first or the best 32 was brought up by Joel. Instead of having some people getting their feelings hurt (the people who signed up in the first 32, but may get rejected because they aren't considered amongst the top 32) why not make it like the actual NCAA Tournament? Have 64 people participate (if you can.) Just a thought.

-E.A.R.

The topic of taking the first or the best 32 was brought up by Joel. Instead of having some people getting their feelings hurt (the people who signed up in the first 32, but may get rejected because they aren't considered amongst the top 32) why not make it like the actual NCAA Tournament? Have 64 people participate (if you can.) Just a thought.

-E.A.R.

Will asked me the same question... I decided that if I can get 64 designers to sign up, then I'll run a field of 64 participants.

I'm jumpining in here to assert my authority B) ....

If you have more than 32 entries but fewer than 64, you'll have a "play in" round with byes determined by the order in which people signed up.

Example: If you have 38 people sign up, the first 26 who signed up will get a bye and the last 12 will have a quick round to decide which of them fill in the bracket to make 32.

BTW, the formula to determine where to break it off is:

(entrants - 32) * 2 = play in round participatnts

and

entrants - play in participants = bye participants

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

I'm jumpining in here to assert my authority B) ....

If you have more than 32 entries but fewer than 64, you'll have a "play in" round with byes determined by the order in which people signed up.

Example: If you have 38 people sign up, the first 26 who signed up will get a bye and the last 12 will have a quick round to decide which of them fill in the bracket to make 32.

BTW, the formula to determine where to break it off is:

(entrants - 32) * 2 = play in round participatnts

and

entrants - play in participants = bye participants

Okay WiB, that sounds fine to me, consider it done (if necessary).

How long does each of the rounds last, Nick?

From the first page:

Each round will last one week and voting for each round will last for three days.

My fault. I guess I read it too fast.

I'm down, too. I'll probably get knocked out in the first round, but it's worth a shot, eh?

philly.png

Hopefully I'm not too late? I'm in if there's room.

Basically vote for which one for each match-up you think is the best. There will be seeding, so vote like this:

(Midwest bracket set up like: seeds #1 vs #15, #3 vs #13, #5 vs #11, #7 vs #9)

Midwest Bracket: 1, 13, 11, 7 ---- Vote in the same style for each bracket.

Shouldn't it be #1 v. #16, #3 v. #14, and so on?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Hopefully I'm not too late? I'm in if there's room.

Basically vote for which one for each match-up you think is the best. There will be seeding, so vote like this:

(Midwest bracket set up like: seeds #1 vs #15, #3 vs #13, #5 vs #11, #7 vs #9)

Midwest Bracket: 1, 13, 11, 7 ---- Vote in the same style for each bracket.

Shouldn't it be #1 v. #16, #3 v. #14, and so on?

You're not too late, and that would only be if it was 64... I would seed that way even/odd for each half of the bracket since it's easier to seed 1-16 instead of 1-8 twice.

Put me down as a maybe. I'll do it if you need an extra body, but I can't promise anything. I'll be gone from March 1-6 for the WCC tournament in Oregon, and I have class to deal with.

VmWIn6B.png

Archived