new kits for 07/08 season

kc51design

If the crest didn't look so awful, I'd be in love with the Aston Villa change kit, that color is not used enough in uniforms.

The crest is fine. I think it's an awesome piece of work, but if I had to take the dissenting opinion, the worst I could describe it is "bland".

Awful? I don't see how it's awful in any way.

I'm on a role with premiership stuff today.

Here's Aston Villa:

263869781.jpg

Villa stole West Ham's shirt from 2001! :P

On a side note, West Ham owes its colours to Aston Villa:

Colours

The original colours of the team were dark blue, due to Thames Iron Works chairman Arnold Hills being a former student of Oxford University. However the team used a variety of kits including the claret and sky blue house colours of Thames Iron Works, as well as sky blue or white uniforms.[18][19]

The Irons permanently adopted claret and blue for home colours in the summer of 1899. Thames Ironworks right-half Charlie Dove received the kit from his father William Dove, who was a professional sprinter of national repute, as well as being involved with the coaching at Thames Ironworks. Bill Dove had been at a fair in Birmingham, close to Villa Park, the home ground of Aston Villa and was challenged to a race against four Villa players, who wagered money that one of them would win.

Bill Dove defeated them and, when they were unable to pay the bet, one of the Villa players who was responsible for washing the team's kit offered a complete side's 'uniforms' to Dove in payment. The Aston Villa player subsequently reported to his club that the kit was 'missing'.

Thames Ironworks, and later West Ham United, retained the claret yoke/blue sleeves design, but also continued to use their previously favoured colours for their away kits, and indeed, in recent years the club have committed to a dark blue-white-sky blue rotation for the away colours.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No inserts on the front of the road Galaxy kits, they're going to end up looking really classy.

Portsmouth kits, the kit maker is entirely unfamiliar to me

home20kitad4.jpg

away20kit201fy9.jpg

away20kit202qc3.jpg

keepersym2.jpg

Also, just to show how poor the Liverpool change kit is.

75259680mr6.jpg

75260215ah1.jpg

IMO, it's the green Carlsberg logo that ruins the kit, way too many colors going on, looks entirely amateur.

Canterbury has typically been manufacturing rugby kits- interesting to see them switch over to football...

So far, they will fit two clubs as Deportive La Coruna are using Canterbury for this season

Kits_2007-2008_001.jpg

http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/news.php

DEPOR SIGNS WITH CANTERBURY

07 Jul 2007 -- It was rumoured before and now it's official, Deportivo will wear Canterbury of New Zealand during the season 2007/2008. So far, the club and the company have reached an agreement for one season. It's the second football club that will wear Canterbury's designs, the first one was Portsmouth FC.

Deportivo has finally reached an agreement with Canterbury of New Zealand. This rugby brand is trying to enter into the world of football, they previously signed a deal with Portsmouth FC, and now they have reached an agreement with Lendoiro in order to wear Deportivo during the season 2007/2008.

Canaldeportivo.com already showed a picture of the first kit, it will be the traditional Blanquiazul design with golden details. The second kit will be totally black, while the third one will be red paired with a black short. The date of the official presentation hasn't been announced yet.

The previous uniform supplier was Joma, Deportivo and the Toledo-base company had a three-year contract that ended in June. It was reported that Joma didn't want to extend the contract and then, Canterbury of New Zealand contacted Depor. Canterbury built its foundations in club rugby. It was a chance request by a friend of one of the company's founders that led the company into manufacturing rugby jerseys. The avid rugby player wanted to see if the company could produce a playing jersey that would not only be tough enough to withstand the rigours of the game, but would also be comfortable and stylish.

Canterbury of New Zealand made its jerseys so well that word soon leaked out to other rugby playing nations. It outfits high profile international sides such as Australia, Scotland, Ireland, Fiji and Japan. The brand also found its way all over the world including North America where they became just as desirable off the field as on. During the late 1970's the Canterbury of New Zealand jersey became a hot item in the North American casual wear market.

I saw, I came, I left.

keepersym2.jpg

Aaargh its the Wallabies RWC jersey template on a goalkeeper's shirt. I'd recognise that awful piping anywhere :(

liverpool-1.png

I hate to be a mental midget here, but whats with the spiky bulge on the crotch of the shorts on Pompey's kits?

I don't hate them, after seeing all the adidas disasters its busy but ok. I like the recent inclusion of yellow to go with the crest in theory, but the classic red socks with the blue (and now yellow) strips just looks a little strange. But the last time they dropped the red socks they dropped to what, the fourth division?

I can't believe that this topic is still around. We could have agreed on World Peace for the amount of time spent on these damn soccer uniforms, basically a T-shirt and a pair of shorts. Give it a rest, please!

Everybody.... off to the CCWPC.... (Chris Creamer World Peace Community)

I saw, I came, I left.

on a fun side note, my LA Galaxy concept made it over onto the BigSoccer forums as "another view of the new LA Galaxy kits"..w00t

And it was even given a shout-out by one of my favorite soccer blogs, duNord.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived